Thread: = ATTILA RELOADED's Invasio Barbarorum ( IB ) Mod V 4.0 Preview =

Default = ATTILA RELOADED's Invasio Barbarorum ( IB ) Mod V 4.0 Preview =

Today, on 26th day of december I would like to post here a small preview of my big New Year present to the RTW community -

ATTILA RELOADED'S "INVASIO BARBARORUM - FLAGELLUM DEI" MOD v 4.0

Barbarian Invasion - The Scourge of The God

An independant global mod for RTW:BI made by Attila Reloaded.

- Info -

The main purposes of this mod are visual beauty, realism and more challenging gameplay.

The main gamplay features are -

New Map !

- Used Revisio Cartographicae by Seleucos as a base.
    - Improved by Attila Reloaded -

+ 20 New Provinces in North Italy...

In Central Italy...

In South Italy

In Spain...

In Gaul...

In Britania...

In Greece....

And more...

HARD GAMEPLAY FOR ROME - Now even experts will have challenge

... yes, I mean it's realy hard.

- 1.8X multiplicator for roman units upkeep
    - Higher riot risk
    - More Provinces - more garrisons - less money
    - Barbarian units have more men and much lower upkeep
    - You may recruit only foederati but they cannot be a full replacement for roman armies.
    - Feel how "lucky" were roman emperors

Rebalanced unit numbers

- Barbarians -

Levy warbands - 200 men
    Heavy Warbands - 160 men
    Elite warbands - 120 men
    Skirmishers warbands - 180 men
    Horse warbands - 140 men
    Elite Horse warbands - 80 men

- Sassanids -

Levy infantry and skirmishers - 200 men
    Sassanid spearman - 140 men
    Sughdain warriors - 110 men
    Light horse - 120 men
    Cataphracts - 60 men
    Elephants - 30 men ( 10 elephants )

- Romans -

Vegilites - 140 men
    Skirmishers - 150 men
    Foederati warbands - 180 men
    Foederati heavy warbands - 140 men
    Foederati elite warbands - 100 men
    Auxillia Palatinae - 100 men
    Legionarii - 100 men
    Equites - 60 men
    Clibanarii - 40 men

And no 2 hitpoint for bodyguards!

[b] New feature allowing Romans to recruit R-B units is Britania instead of their usual units - you no longer have to wait untill Romano-britons emerge.

New Armies to command !

- Full Remake of WRE army - "Even if they are no longer the envy of the civilised world" () roman legions are still storng, command them and command foederati hordes, romano-british armies, formidable north african horseman and bucellarii armies.

Over 30 units overall, includingLegions, Foederati Warbands, Foederati Heavy Troops, Lateranenses Imperialis Germanicum, Scholae Palatinae, Clibanarii, Limitainei

- Full Remake of ERE army - now the best cavalry of the roman world, emperor's palatina legions, parthian equites and gothic foederati are at your service.

Over 28 units overall, including Scholae Clibanarii Palatinae, Auxillia Palatinae , Equites Cataphractarii, Equites Sagitarii, Heavy Equipment Legions, Scholae Palatinae, Equites Bucellarii

- Full Remake of Romano-briton army - lead half-roman half-barbarian nation to her victory over the invaders

Over 17 units overall, including Romano-British Infantry, Equites Stablesiana, Comitatus, Fleet Sailors

- Full remake of Sassanid Imperial Army - no army can stop the 10.000 immortal cataphracts, no legion can hold Sassanian Infantry, no man can beat a Gyan-Avspar warrior, no power can match Sassanids in the East.

Over 16 units overall, including Zhayedan ( Immortals ), Savaran, Sassanid Infantry, Sugdian Warriors, Sardar

- Full remake of Frankish army - Rise germanic frankish tribes from a horde who came from the woods to the Successor of Roman Empire

Over 13 units overall, including Scara Guard Horseman, Salian Franks Warband, Chatti Warband, Antrucioi, Schola Infantry, Kevy Spearman ( New ! ), Schola Heavy Cavalry ( New ! )

- Full remake of Saxon Army - with the spirit of all-father Wotan above the sky, with the sacred runes with you, with a battle axe in your hands conquer new cities and invade new lands

Over 7 units overall, including Gesithas, Heortgeneats, Saxon Warbands ( New ! )

- Full remake of Pictish ( former Celts ) army - lead your horde from the Scotti mountans to Britania and further on the south, prove the superior art of war of pictish warriors.

Over 9 units overall, including Gai Aurmahr, Ludodaoer, Chrodaoer, Huntsman, Amuae Boai, Mormaers

And more...

More than 150 new and remade units awaits you on this mod.

Interface Features

Improved Icons For Roman Factions

New Loading screens

New one - Late Frankish Schola Cavalry and one Scara Horseman

Balck and Bloody Sandstone background versions avaiable.

V 4.0 will be out before New Year, but if you still did not tryed v 3.0, you can download it here -

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37850

Merry Christmas! And have a wonderfull day!

= ATTILA RELOADED =
    --History is written by victors.--
    -- For enemies I have only one weapon - death--

- Eastern wisdom

Default Re: = ATTILA RELOADED's Invasio Barbarorum ( IB ) Mod V 4.0 Preview =

Nice but you have to change patavium is were ther is verona, and Verona where there is patavium.

Attila thats sweet

er, any additions to eastern provinces?

Lightbulb Re: = ATTILA RELOADED's Invasio Barbarorum ( IB ) Mod V 4.0 Preview =

Totally Sweet, will be looking to try this one soon
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

3 more days till New year, are you still going to make the dead line you set?

Very nice mod Attila Reloaded, impressive!

It looks more to the fall of Rome than before.

Previews/Promotional stuff etc. all live in Mod Discussion. Thanks.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

WARNING!
    I had no time to search for bugs and errors. If you find any, don't go mad, report about them andt they'll be fixed by a fast patch.
    I'm afraid I cant find any installation instructions. Ok, so it may be obvious that the files in the folders need to be unzipped into their right counterpart folders, but do I want/need your preference file?

Edit: This is feedback, not a rant! :)

Edit2: Perhaps not so obvious. Havent been able to get this mod to wok so far - though havent tried reinstalling yet. Extracted the bi folder files into my BI folder and overwrote the preferences file aswell. I at first extracted the data files into the rometw folders data folder, which is where I'm assuming I've gone wrong. Have since tried copying the data folder files into the bi/data folder - but dont know if the whole thing needs reinstalling. Only mods were the 1.6 patch and Extended greek mod... which at first I thought wouldnt affect the BI game, but now thinking maybe it does?
    Last edited by Trickle; 12-31-2005 at 20:32.

for the 3.0 mod version i had extended greek mod and 1.6 patch on also and had no problems.

But version 4.0 is out and that seems to have some bugs, waiting for attila to come with patch..

Been playing v3.0 and am now downloading v4.0, I must say that your skins are simply works of art.
    One thing though, and this may be a bug... I've been playing the ERE (v3.0) and when I build an Auxillia Barracks in some regions (i.e. Constantinople) I get the Foederati line and the Auxilia Illiricani, but when I upgrade to a Comites Barracks I couldn't recruit these units anymore?
    Certainly it would not be a big problem to limit construction to Auxillia Barracks in some territories if I want these units, but I would just want to know if this was done on purpose.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Got it working after a fresh install. Must have been getting the bi and rtw data folders mixed up.

There is a small patch out.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...710#post733710

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia
    ...but when I upgrade to a Comites Barracks I couldn't recruit these units anymore?...........but I would just want to know if this was done on purpose.
    Seems to be. Same thing happens in many buildings in the v4 mod.
    Last edited by Trickle; 01-04-2006 at 15:05.