Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EB crash at startup.

Question Re: EB crash at startup.

Never mind my previous post I figured it out i didn't extract files to RTW dirctory But i have a new problum I click on the desktop item i go into the one screen after beeing there for a while it goes black and a error message that reads

Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt,at line 623,column 1.

unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

Does anybody know what i do to fix this?

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Default Re: EB crash at startup.

Reinstallation is your best bet.
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    Reinstallation is your best bet.
    It was it worked, on my third re-installation hmm...

i had the exact same problem as EPA i think it was with Line 623 colom 1 or some shit, i keep getting it, i reinstalled like 4 times now and its still not working correctly, i got it to run fine once but then i tried to play as KH n everything went white from then on ive been getting that error and cant get rid of it, reinstalling isnt helping, any ideas?

i'm also getting this error on startup

Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt,at line 623,column 1.

unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

im gonna try reloading 1.2 and EB

uninstalled and reinstalled 7 times. still getting same error

Have a look at my post https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...57&postcount=1

reinstalling didn't work for me either but that is exactly the same error I was getting

I'm having the same problem. After loading the game it closes and gives the same error message as posted above. Earlier someone mentioned a similar problem in which they changed the script and fixed the problem; do we need to do something similar to this and if so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby_Woof
    I'm having the same problem. After loading the game it closes and gives the same error message as posted above. Earlier someone mentioned a similar problem in which they changed the script and fixed the problem; do we need to do something similar to this and if so what?

i deleted the line that it said was causing the error. on reload i got a new error from the same file. can't remember exactly what is was, but i'm not sure how to edit the problem away.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Have a look at my post https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...57&postcount=1

reinstalling didn't work for me either but that is exactly the same error I was getting

would registry mechanic do the same as the m-soft tool? i could not find a download for it

I can't attach files so try this link

http://domino.automation.rockwell.co...256E4C005C5471

you may be asked to sign in before you can view it, just register with some name its only for website admin purposes.

detach the two files MSICUU.EXE and MSIZAP.EXE to your PC then run msicuu

good luck

Now I've just got to get my video issues sorted as I can't see towns or characters on the strategy map . I could with Vanilla which is strange

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick
    I can't attach files so try this link

http://domino.automation.rockwell.co...256E4C005C5471

you may be asked to sign in before you can view it, just register with some name its only for website admin purposes.

detach the two files MSICUU.EXE and MSIZAP.EXE to your PC then run msicuu

good luck

Now I've just got to get my video issues sorted as I can't see towns or characters on the strategy map . I could with Vanilla which is strange
    thanks for the link, i picked it up. this TW/EB error has led to me finding so many neat little utilities for my computer. out of all bad comes good and vice versa. i finally fixed the problem (i wont even get into how many times i uninstalled/reinstalled/downloaded/etc.) by using registry mechanic from download.com which works like msicuu.exe. then i installed a fresh RTW, then Patch 1.1, yes, i had to do 1.1 THEN 1.2. ran RTW made sure it worked, then installed EB. it finally ran.

so much work has gone into EB and it is something else. thank you to all the EB team members. i've done some modding myself and i know it must have been a bitch. great work

I have a problem in the same way, I think:

I have the Gold Edition of RTW, who install RTW plus BI without letting the choice...so everithing is at patch 1.5 , cause of the addon.

I create a copy of the repertory.
    Install EB.
    Crash.

Okay, now I manually wipe out BI, reinstall EB.
    The game start ! Yes !!! Oh...no...the loading screen is the only thing I can have, the game doesn't load at all ( I've waited 25 minutes... )

I assume the core of the problem is that I have the Gold Edition, who's not a "virgin" RTW ?

Anyone can help ?

Yeah, Mithra, you must devolute your rtw 1.5 to rtw 1.2 :)
    Must download the 1.2 patch in zip format, that is somewhere here around :)
    Then can run rtw with EB.
    That all you need.
    I dont remember the link, but I am sure you can find it in some post here around, i d/l it myself some time ago.
    Bye

I've already done this...don't solve the problem :/

Perhaps I have to suppress BI in my copy ?
    But I don't know how to do this.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, my english is bad.

So I train to re-explain.

The Gold Version automatically install RTW and BI, there's no choice at all at the installation.
    So it's also 1.5 patched.
    I don't know how to go back to 1.2, because even with a zip file EB doesn't work, getting a " file doesn't exist " message now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12