Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post basic things here

Default Re: Post basic things here

I think this is Connected to the Romani having the seclucid banner when under FOW and during battle but on my game the Romani have greek voices, greek pre-battle speaches and when ordered to do stuff the roman units respond in greek voices, its kinda funny cause when i came into battle my roman said "Fight well sons of greece" or something along that line

In Makedonian campain, the rebels from Aitolia built a watchtower (greek)
    but when I loaded the game the tower was stone (easten) one instead

EB ship system destroyer and Makedonia FC

Some possible issues I found:
    1) The 'Conqueror of Syrakousai' trait for Carthage seems to be intended for the Greeks (see screenshot), or am I just mistaken?

2) Epirot cities fly the old Thracian flags (see screenshot, this was during my assault on Syracuse btw)

3) When using scipt to see what settlements you still have to capture as Carthage, the marker around Sucum-Murgi does not disappear when closing the scipt (see screenshot)

4) The unit card of the Carthaginian spy is the old Ptolomaic one (it has a yellow character), instead of the Carthaginian one (with a white character) (the actual model has the white texture btw)
    Last edited by Crownsteler; 12-28-2005 at 22:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Crownsteler
    Some possible issues I found:
    1) The 'Conqueror of Syrakousai' trait for Carthage seems to be intended for the Greeks (see screenshot), or am I just mistaken?

2) Epirot cities fly the old Thracian flags (see screenshot, this was during my assault on Syracuse btw)

3) When using scipt to see what settlements you still have to capture as Carthage, the marker around Sucum-Murgi does not disappear when closing the scipt (see screenshot)

4) The unit card of the Carthaginian spy is the old Ptolomaic one (it has a yellow character), instead of the Carthaginian one (with a white character) (the actual model has the white texture btw)
    Some good ones!

1. Definitely a trait thing that slipped through. Good eye.
    2. City walls/towers/gates have flags that I don't think anyone has been able to change unless you totally change the whole thing. I've not looked really closely into it, but from what I saw this was much much more difficult than any banners that I was changing. These may not get changed at all because of this, or someone might be able to enlighten us (although we have no one currently that I know of who is able or willing or both to be able to work on things like walls anyway...)
    3. woof. No idea how to fix that one. Maybe the scripters will know.
    4. Spy and diplomat unit cards and some campaign map textures haven't really been dealt with yet. I think we'd like to include new ones eventually, but we need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Crownsteler
    Yeah that also happened to me with the Roman "raiding" targets. The markers stayed on all the cities for as far as I could see. (didn't take a screenshot though, and with all the long loading times I can't be bothered to start up the game right now just to take a screenshot)
    Wheel down, wheel down to southward! Oh, Gooverooska, go!
    And tell the Deep-Sea Viceroys the story of our woe;
    Ere, empty as the shark's egg the tempest flings ashore,
    The Beaches of Lukannon shall know their sons no more!

Rudyard Kipling, Lukannon

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder
    I have a small bug, dont know if it is tho, but my Casse family member got the trait which makes him proficiant when marching in deserts? when he'd never been neer a desert
    My Sweboz Faction Leader also received the "Desert Warrior" trait (probably the same one Rider described above)

An odd issue involving script activation:

When playing as Casse and Sweboz, the Advisor disappears when clicking the "Show me how" button. However, when playing as Epeiros the button changes from green to gray, but the advisor stays on the screen until you click on his portrait.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

carthaginian officers with rebel Iberian units.

javelin throwing being performed by a unit engaged in hand to hand.

Iberian light infantry beating up on Iberian general's heavy cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy_is_a_Taff
    javelin throwing being performed by a unit engaged in hand to hand.
    that bug is CA's

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for the reports. They've been noted.
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Some good ones!

2. City walls/towers/gates have flags that I don't think anyone has been able to change unless you totally change the whole thing. I've not looked really closely into it, but from what I saw this was much much more difficult than any banners that I was changing. These may not get changed at all because of this, or someone might be able to enlighten us (although we have no one currently that I know of who is able or willing or both to be able to work on things like walls anyway...)
    TA, for the tower/flag thing, check the guys at the Zhanguo Mod, they've done some pretty cool stuff with towers, perhaps they could help.
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 12-29-2005 at 05:28.

Did you guys decide to change the unit model?

Dungalloigh Brehonda Member Ranika's Avatar

Yes, while optomizing model space, we changed them; UI hasn't been updated.
    Ní dheachaigh fial ariamh go hIfreann.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    Yes, while optomizing model space, we changed them; UI hasn't been updated.
    Fair enough, those models look very cool anyway =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    Whilst laying siege to Bononia as the Romans, i decided to see what kind of mercenaries i could hire there... One was a unit of light spear armed (skirmishing also) cavalry called Curepos... But their unit description will have you believe that you are hiring a general...

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=363341
    This is actually the case for some other mercenary cavalry units as well.

And handsome viking, where did you get those Rycalawre? Never seen those before.
    Last edited by Dooz; 01-21-2006 at 12:46.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12