Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: v0.72 Collected Bug List

Default Re: Collected Bug List

In sweboz game (246 BC) , when I load the game and turn on the script, the game advance to 14 AC and turn very slowly.

I have upload the savegame:

http://rapidshare.de/files/10128753/...ime14.sav.html

I have collected some issues, sorry if I that ones were reported before or if this is not the apropiate thread.

Arverni agents

Inapropiate picture

Lugoae (unit card with war paints)

peasant picture

Unit eleutheroi uparisena and other units with same model: no weapon and bugged shield
    Last edited by Ergion; 12-31-2005 at 11:05.

doble post
    Last edited by Ergion; 12-31-2005 at 01:05.

Two-handed pike animation appears buggy.
    yes, i see this with all the two-handed pike units, they only standing and sometimes going through there knees, but not thrusting there spears, looks funny ;)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Collected Bug List

Pressing the help button on the faction summary scroll for Baktria causes a CTD
    Dito for the Ptolemies.

I had two encouters with rebels, on family member from Nabatea and a few brigans in Cilicia. Their campaignmap armies resembled Gauls (see also picture). On the battlefield, one of armies consisted out of Numidian javelineers (Numidians in Nabatea?) and Pantodapoi infantry. The general was also commanding a javelin unit.

The loadingscreen before the battle contained a typo: presumable the quotation marks had turned into questionmarks. I am not quite sure, but I recall seeing more strange questionmarks in a similar loading screen. I forgot to take a picture of it, however.

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Playing Yuezhi, the Ptolemies sent a diplomat to my capital. The initiating talks animation plays but no diplomacy window appears. He has now been there for several turns, repeating the animation with no window appearing. Save/reload doesen't stop him, nor does disabling the script for a turn. I also moved him out of the way with some of my units but he comes right back. Wish I had an assassin
    Last edited by Sartaq; 12-31-2005 at 20:56.

On a tree-covered mountain in Anniston, Alabama, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sartaq
    Playing Yuezhi, the Ptolemies sent a diplomat to my capital. The initiating talks animation plays but no diplomacy window appears. He has now been there for several turns, repeating the animation with no window appearing. Save/reload doesen't stop him, nor does disabling the script for a turn. I also moved him out of the way with some of my units but he comes right back. Wish I had an assassin
    He may be trying to bribe your settlement, not initiate diplomacy. I guess you might have a faction leader or heir there, or else he may have been successful!

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!
    -- Aristophanes, if he played EB

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for your reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by alin
    Wth does that mean?
    Shouldn't this be in the modeling section?
    Apart from that everything else will be fixed.
    I don't know. I just copy down the complaints, I don't verify them. If you don't see a problem with them, I can mark that as invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    -Since the walls on the map are appearing as roman stone ones (they aren't when you get to the city), let's drop them down to the second level wooden ones. There is no incongruity there in what you see and what you get.
    Wait, so all settlements should have wood walls instead of stone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergion
    In sweboz game (246 BC) , when I load the game and turn on the script, the game advance to 14 AC and turn very slowly.
    Try loading, not enabling the script, playing a few turns, and then reenabling the script.
    Arverni agents
    What's wrong with them?
    Inapropiate picture
    What's inappropriate about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    I had two encouters with rebels, on family member from Nabatea and a few brigans in Cilicia. Their campaignmap armies resembled Gauls (see also picture). On the battlefield, one of armies consisted out of Numidian javelineers (Numidians in Nabatea?) and Pantodapoi infantry. The general was also commanding a javelin unit.
    What's wrong with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartaq
    Playing Yuezhi, the Ptolemies sent a diplomat to my capital. The initiating talks animation plays but no diplomacy window appears. He has now been there for several turns, repeating the animation with no window appearing. Save/reload doesen't stop him, nor does disabling the script for a turn. I also moved him out of the way with some of my units but he comes right back.
    This occurs in vanilla as well.
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    What's wrong with them?
    (arverni agents)
    The colour: averni agents are blue, and averni faction is green.

What's inappropriate about it?
    (lugoae)

Its no very important, but playing with sweboz in the lugoae unit card the unit is painted with warpaints/tatoos, but the unit its no painted.
    Last edited by Ergion; 01-01-2006 at 12:38.

Middle-Aged trait gives a bonus to movement instead of a penalty.
    Young agents (diplomats, spies, and assassins) get a boost to movement of 10-20%; once they become middle aged, this bonus is lessened to 5%. Hence, they're not as fast as they used to be, but still are able to move further than they could in vanilla. Not a bug, it's a feature!

If it's happening with generals, that's another matter. Middle-aged generals should get a 5% penalty to movement.

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!

If you don't see a problem with them, I can mark that as invalid.
    Looked at the animations and didn't found anything wrong.

Blog Entries

1) I would expect Numidian Javelineers to appear in Numidia, not Nabatea.
    2) The general was a rebel family member, yet his units consisted also of javelineers.
    3) On the campaign map, the Nabatean rebel family member appeared as Celtic family member on the campaign map (I am refering to how his army looks, not his portrait). A group of brigands north of Antioch appeared as Celtic army without a family member in command.

Praetorian Cavalry:
    The Praetorian Cavalry have great big grey and brown lines extending out from them, anyone else have this or is it just my comp?
    Also Praetorian Cav don't have Javelins, although the model shows them holding it and the description mentions them.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Romani has now crashed twice after battles with Karthadastim. Problem description:
    - when loading campaign map after battle with Karthadastim, game CTDs
    - when the background script is turned off, the battle can be run without CTD
    - both times, I was besieging a karthadastim city
    - the crashes were repeated when I tried playing the battle again repeatedly, but the crashes disappeared as soon as I reloaded but didn't turn on the background script.

Now I got the same message again even when the background script was off. The general had the trait vanquisher of carthage, and the battle was with bad odds for me but won, so it might be an error with his trait when he gains more victories in his quest to collect a triumphus from the senate. When I tried assaulting the city instead of fighting the anti-sally+relief battle there was no crash after returning to campaign map after the battle.
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 01-01-2006 at 15:52.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Post Re: Collected Bug List

A few small things:

- On the subject of diplomats, all agents seem to be using their vanilla faction colours. In most cases this isn't a problem since the colours haven't changed that much, but there are some exceptions (notably Arverni, Armenia and Baktria) It's a superficial issue though, especially since the correct faction colour displays around the agents name when highlighted.

- In my Aedui campaign I have spent the last few years in a prolonged war against the Sweboz. In several captured Sweboz cities a building called "should not be visible" appears in the building list. Just to make sure I started a campaign as the Sweboz, it didn't show up.

- I've noticed a few very small typos in descriptions, although I didn't make a note of them, they're tiny though. There are some places where typos appear more regularly though, such as the short descriptions for units (that appear in unit construction/selection boxes, and in messages at the beginning of a turn) I made a not of a couple for the Sweboz, particularly the Hrussáthêwáz unit, which has a few noticable ones (unuasual, aniquilate, eficient)

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

Last user of scythed chariots Member Spendios's Avatar

The following units have no unit card :
    Komatai Thorakitai Stratiotai
    Komatai Hippeis
    Komatai
    Getikoi Stratiotai
    Komatai Sphendonetes
    Azad Asavara

The following bunits heve the "roman barrack" picture :
    Phrourion
    Agalma Basileos Pontou

Wait, so all settlements should have wood walls instead of stone?
    Sorry Sim, I was talking about the three Indian cities in the previous point. I mean drop the three indian cities walls down if we can to a strong wooden one (level2).

-Also, Pontus needs a port at Amaseia or drop their fleet. I don't really see a need for the fleet so let's just sink it. - and we need to add the sanctuary of Men in Amaseia to start the game off too.

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Romani has now crashed twice after battles with Karthadastim. Problem description:
    - the crashes were repeated when I tried playing the battle again repeatedly, but the crashes disappeared as soon as I reloaded but didn't turn on the background script.

Now I got the same message again even when the background script was off. The general had the trait vanquisher of carthage, and the battle was with bad odds for me but won, so it might be an error with his trait when he gains more victories in his quest to collect a triumphus from the senate. When I tried assaulting the city instead of fighting the anti-sally+relief battle there was no crash after returning to campaign map after the battle.
    We've had some problems after certain battles with Romans/Karthies. This will definitely needs attention by the folks who were working on it. Any further details you could provide might help. Thanks for posting it!

Not really a big bug, just a cosmetic prob:

As you can see it reads that the Baktrians are ambushing me, while in reality it's the Ptolemies..
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for your submissions.
    2) The general was a rebel family member, yet his units consisted also of javelineers.
    You mean he had javelineers instead of a normal general's bodyguard?
    Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix

Try following the instructions here.
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

The Casse governments 2 and 4 share the same problem as the Aedui (same name and description) - they're both 'Toutabrehon'.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Played EB as Seleukia. Wonderful so far.

So, here's my feedback, part 1.

Mercenary Hippies - confirmed that they have Peasants as unit card
    Sitoboleion - Roman Barracks building card

-no boats for Seleukids have description(may I do that?!)
    -almost all temples have Translate me please, but why translate, because it's already translated....

Oh, might be a typo, but I don't think that.

Sarmiszegethusa - it's written Sarmizegetusa

Oh, and why is the building browser almost empty?!(bug)

EDIT: Very strange bug. The Satrapies for the Seleukids offer -5% health and order!!!!
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 01-02-2006 at 18:20.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGod
    The Casse governments 2 and 4 share the same problem as the Aedui (same name and description) - they're both 'Toutabrehon'.
    Being fixed. Ranika is actually writing some newer parts for the descriptions to match some changed up 1 and 2 province extent settings.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Are spies supposed to still be "young" when they're 42?

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Blog Entries

You mean he had javelineers instead of a normal general's bodyguard?
    Yes. I am not entirely sure he was not a brigand, but brigand don't appear in rebel provinces, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror

Are spies supposed to still be "young" when they're 42?
    Hmm, no, they shouldn't be, he should be middle-aged. The problem here is that when a spy, diplomat, or assassin is created (this goes for adopted and married sons, too), we can't tell how old he is. Usually a new character is in his 20's, so they start out as "young". This guy may have been recently created. If so, just think of him as a very healthy guy! .

If he's been around for 20 years and he's still young, then we have a problem.

I'll take a look at this code and see what's going on.

Carthage is waaay off the track....

Somebody forgot to take care of Carthage.Tons of descriptions missing, unit cards missing also...

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Blog Entries

I have to retract my statement that Rycalware don't have spears. They do have them. Sometimes. On and off.

I played a custom battle of Macedonian Hypaspistai versus Casse Rycalware and both of them held swords instead of spears when marching or idle. However, when they charged they did have spears. During combat, both units has some soldiers swinging swords and some thrusting spears. The odd thing was that the men seemed to use spears for close-combat and swords when further removed from the enemy.
    Last edited by Ludens; 01-02-2006 at 22:30.

Another bug(didn't see it noticed anywhere).

The rebel general is Halikarnassus has Akontistai as bodyguards!!!

Proud

Been to:

I'm getting fed up with Carthagian generals ripping though my phalanx without taking a loss. These things are unstobblable, without a general unit to counter them you're pretty much well dead.

I had a bogged down a general unit with 2 units of Princeps surrounding them (this is after they passed harmlessly through my triari wall of spears). The entire time it said "victory almost certain, only a fool could lose this battle" on their 'combat meter'. I took down a few, but they are just too strong. The only way you can kill them is with using your general unit. ANd they take heavy losses in the process. I lost my conquering Africanus to those bastards! He was my pride and joy :(

They're like terminators. They kill with out feeling pain. I'm almost tempted to lure them in to a lava pit, I fear it maybe the only way to kill them!
    Last edited by Chester; 01-03-2006 at 01:33.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast