Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: v0.72 Collected Bug List

Default Re: Collected Bug List

Playing as the Ptolemaio, I've noticed that the Brigands around Memphis have the vanilla body guard design.

As the Iberians when I conquered Arse I could recruit Libyan spearmen there.

Also Rebel Family Members in Iberia have so far all been the Iberian Javelin Cavalry.
    Last edited by Callum Murray; 01-03-2006 at 17:39.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    Well, I guess they are spearmen since they get a bonus against cavalry, but the units shows up on the battlefield with swords. However, the unit flag at the bottom of the screen and the image in the description both carry spears.

A few other custom battle issues discovered while making this screenshot:
    • Caledonian Rhyfelwyr and Doryphoroi Pontikoi appear double in the custom battle unit lists of the factions they are available too.
    • The Sweboz have a unit with the odd name Germanic_ infantry_feralharjoz and without description.
    • Sweboz Merjoz and Godelic Hammerinfantry still feature the vanilla standardbearers.

Sorry for being not very thorough, but I am playing the game on and off right now, so my observations are rather randomly made.
    I believe that they could make a shieldwall or something if they had defence on? then if you attack they would draw spears and later switch back to swords or something like that. I can't remember correctly.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Collected Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by Gertgregoor
    I believe that they could make a shieldwall or something if they had defence on? then if you attack they would draw spears and later switch back to swords or something like that. I can't remember correctly.
    I did not switch on or off guard-mode, if that is what you mean (or aren't you responding to my last post?). I merely ordered my Hypaspistai to charge the Rycalware. Both Rycalware and Hypaspistai had swords except when charging or when apparently fighting in close-combat (that is, in the fight the rear ranks did hold swords, but the fighting soldiers not). This last observation may be wrong, however, as it only struck me when reviewing the screenshots of the battle. I will test it straight away.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Just a minor thing I don't think I saw in your list: when zoomed out on the campaign map, the Spanish banner over cities reverts to the vanilla RTW banner rather than remaining as the new EB one.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    I did not switch on or off guard-mode, if that is what you mean (or aren't you responding to my last post?). I merely ordered my Hypaspistai to charge the Rycalware. Both Rycalware and Hypaspistai had swords except when charging or when apparently fighting in close-combat (that is, in the fight the rear ranks did hold swords, but the fighting soldiers not). This last observation may be wrong, however, as it only struck me when reviewing the screenshots of the battle. I will test it straight away.
    I was wrong. The soldiers used swords as well as spears in close combat. However, after some time fighting most of the fighting soldiers would switch to spears, especially when guard mode was on (it was off by default for the Hypaspistai). This was benificial, as it allowed the second rank to fight as well. The rear ranks (those not participating in the fight) would hold swords.

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm just thinking that maybe they switch to the weapon that allows for more frequent attacks...
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Not sure if this is intentional, but Rome (the city not the faction) is unable to built Camillian Reform Soldiers. I built the highest setting barracks available, which is the 20,000 (20 turn) barrack.

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for your updates. To all EB members, please look over the list and see if there's anything where you can provide a status update.
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

In addition to not being able to build Polybian troops in Rome after the Romani Reforms event, I can't seem to recruit Velites or Equites anywhere. Old style Equites are still available in Rome.

Great mod so far, BTW.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Many rebel generals have normal troops as bodyguards and even placeholders.

Rebel general - Sinope
    Rebel general - the city north-east of Marakanda(Seleukid)(forgot the name of the city)
    Rebel general - Kyrene(Numidian Cavalry Placeholder as bodyguards)

No CTD's so far,it's occuring well for me.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

bug or beta, that is the question ?

in my Swebos campain when I sieged the habukoz and heruskos my general´s unit couldn´t drop the ram (there was no icon button for it)
    he only dropped it when he was attacked in the process of defending himself

there are no buttons for changing formations
    there is only warcry for special unit ability

maybe some cosmetic correction to the borders should be done : e.g. between Skanzaz and Kimbroz... the border goes around the edge of the island
    Last edited by Teutobod II; 01-04-2006 at 16:47.

Rome CTD,

playing as rome, everytime i want to do a turn (with scripting off or turned on)
    in the year 254bc, i get this ctd. I have a saved file, wich i will upload.
    roman

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teutobod II
    in my Swebos campain when I sieged the habukoz and heruskos my general´s unit couldn´t drop the ram (there was no icon button for it)
    This is probably unfixable. RTW wasn't designed to have infantry generals. One way to work around the problem is to hit withdraw and then immediately cancel.
    What do you mean? Post a screenshot.
    You mean the general's?
    maybe some cosmetic correction to the borders should be done : e.g. between Skanzaz and Kimbroz... the border goes around the edge of the island
    I'll add it to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kampfduck
    Rome CTD,

playing as rome, everytime i want to do a turn (with scripting off or turned on)
    in the year 254bc, i get this ctd. I have a saved file, wich i will upload.
    Okay, we'll look into it.
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

[I]Simetrical Quote:
    Originally Posted by Teutobod II

This is probably unfixable. RTW wasn't designed to have infantry generals. One way to work around the problem is to hit withdraw and then immediately cancel.[/QUOTE]

by default the general always gets the ram

[I]Quote:

What do you mean? Post a screenshot.[/QUOTE]

in RTW on the lower right hand side of the battle screen there was a golden button where you could choose from different army formations - it is faded out in EB

[I]Quote:

You mean the general's?.[/QUOTE]

no no, the general has the rallying function, some have warcries but others have nothing, sorry I havent listed it, must do so later
    Last edited by Teutobod II; 01-05-2006 at 13:33.

Question Re: Collected Bug List

in RTW on the lower right hand side of the battle screen there was a golden button where you could choose from different army formations - it is faded out in EB
    That sounds like the Group Formation button, it's working for me in EB although I do not use it. Are you sure you selected some Grouped units?

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist
    That sounds like the Group Formation button, it's working for me in EB although I do not use it. Are you sure you selected some Grouped units?

Antagonist

thats what I mean, I have a German game so I have to guess about the translation

I am sure I did, but I better check again

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Arabia is full of bugs.
    Playing as Seleukid, 262BC, no CTD's so far, going excellent.

-Bab El Mandeb description missing
    -Rebel General in Carna has Numidian Javelinmen as bodyguards
    -Rebel General in Maryab has Numidian Cavalry Placeholder as bodyguards
    -Rebel General in Tamane has Numidian Javelinmen as bodyguards
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Not sure if this is supposed to be a bug or a feature, but ...

The Seleukid starting province of Astauene (that is, the sttlement Asaak, in the NNE of the faction's territory) starts off with two basic farm buildings (those that give +1 to food output).

Just thought I'd point in case it's not a planned feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Keba
    Not sure if this is supposed to be a bug or a feature, but ...

The Seleukid starting province of Astauene (that is, the sttlement Asaak, in the NNE of the faction's territory) starts off with two basic farm buildings (those that give +1 to food output).

Just thought I'd point in case it's not a planned feature.
    A timely correction Keba. Thanks, I was just looking for some of those.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Elephants still cause soldiers to fly all over the place.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Blog Entries

Stonehenge description contains typo: romanitems instead of Roman items. Incidentally, I distinctly recall visiting a larger stone circle in England, so that part of the description may need to be adjusted too.
    I suddenly recalled it again. The stone circle I visited was at Avebury and is the greatest in the world. However, whereas Stongehenge actually has been constructed to some extent, Avebury is just a number of stones put in a circle. Also, there isn't much left of it when compared to Stonehenge.

After several hours of playing ... I noticed that you seem to have mixed up the stratmap models for mount and lumber resources.

I have a camel model on the map that says (actually all of them say it, I checked) Timber - valuable trade resource, and a log model that says Mounts - allows the recruitment of horse and camel mounted units.

Don't know if this happened to anyone else, it could just be a defective install or something.

It's a known bug. Don't worry.

Playing as the Romans, they keep on calling themselves Hellenic.

examples:
    - If you have the most armies, a message will come saying that 'Hellenic' armies are the strongest of the world
    - If you lost a gate building in a siege, a message will come saying that it is an insult for 'Hellenic' courage
    - If you kill an enemy general, it says you killed an enemy of the Hellenes
    - If one of your cities is bribed, it says that the Gods are ashamed of such honourless Hellenes

etc. etc.

I guess it's a leftover from giving the Romans the Seleucid slot. There are also similar problems; like the Eastern Hellenic factions having Roman walls, and Rome having Greek walls etc.

Nothing game-breaking, though. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Je ne vois qu'infini par toutes les fenêtres.

Charles Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal

Nevermind, Delete
    Last edited by Three63; 01-06-2006 at 07:51.

Perhaps the 'Atheist' and the 'Pious' trait should be mutually exclusive.

There were athiest back then? I thought every one at least paid lip service to the Gods, in fear they might kill them or something.

Hence the +2 to unrest, I presume.

On a tree-covered mountain in Anniston, Alabama, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    Perhaps the 'Atheist' and the 'Pious' trait should be mutually exclusive.
    They are mutually exclusive. This is something I've seen caused by making a change to a traits file and loading a saved game. Then you can get all sorts of weird results.

Another possibility is that the files from the installation aren't the files I turned in. If you check your Data\export_descr_character_traits.txt, and do a search for Pious and PublicAtheism, you should see this:

Code:
    Trait Pious
        Characters family
        NoGoingBackLevel 4
        AntiTraits Sacrilegious, PublicAtheism, Pragmatic
    and this:

Code:
    Trait PublicAtheism
        Characters family
        ExcludeCultures barbarian
        NoGoingBackLevel 5
        AntiTraits PublicFaith, ReligiousMania, Pious, Superstitious
    The two traits are antitraits to each other, so you can't have both of them at once.

If your files don't have the above code, and you didn't change them, it could explain a lot of things...

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!
    -- Aristophanes, if he played EB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast