Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), compatible with vanilla RTW v1.5

Default Re: Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), compatible with vanilla RTW v1.5

but if the ram breaks through, it can create challenges for the player if he doesnt have alot of troops to guard the gate.

Post Re: Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), compatible with vanilla RTW v1.5

I've adjusted the ram flammability and health parameters. Run a few tests in custom battles, and things are more interesting than previously. I'd still recommend using siege towers against walls though, if your men and the ram survive and breach the gate, they may have taken heavy casualties in the process.

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic
    , Click here to download RTG v1.0

yeah so its good to let the mercenaries do it. btw can you show me how? id like to implement this into RTW.

The file(s) you need to mod are in the Siege Tower Aspects tutorial I made a while back:

How To...Modify Siege Tower Aspects

The areas you need to adjust are engine_health and engine_ignition. It takes a while to get the desired results in custom battles, and is also difficult to select a value that fits well for the 3 stone wall types. Each has varying rates of fire, but the epic stone walls are the only ones which actually damage siege equipment. You can measure this by the hovering the cursor over the equipment and noting the ram damage percentage.
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; 08-03-2006 at 15:33.

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic

Campaign Map Characters & Banners

Here's a preview of the campaign map characters and banners to be featured in the next version:

Armenian General

Armenian Captain

Britannic General

Britannic Captain

Brutii General

Brutii Captain

Carthaginian General

Carthaginian Captain

Dacian General

Dacian Captain

Gallic General

Gallic Captain

Germanic General

Germanic Captain

Greek General

Greek Captain

Iberian General

Iberian Captain

Julii General

Julii Captain

Macedonian General

Macedonian Captain

Numidian General

Numidian Captain

Parthian General

Parthian Captain

Pontic General

Pontic Captain

Ptolemaic General

Ptolemaic Captain

Scipii General

Scipii Captain

Scythian General

Scythian Captain

Seleucid General

Seleucid Captain

Thracian General

Thracian Captain

Featured artwork in these screenshots are by webbird, Warspite, maximusminimus, LAca, KALI, Professor Spatula, ferres, GODzilla & Pinarius.

All banners made by Kaweh K.

CAS model lighting fixes made by Lusted.

RTG Main Topic

very nice! though the Ptomliamic general and captian look the same. btw the link for modding engines leads removing/adding campaign resources. but i bet i can find it in the scriptorium.

Indeed it does I've now fixed the link above.

The Ptolemaic models and skins haven't changed that much, even though webbird's Ptolemaic reskins have been implemented. I haven't gone for the historically correct-looking units for this faction.

Well I'd spent some time last night tweaking the flammability settings for a number of siege equipment, inclusing rams, towers and ladders. The rams and towers now seem more unpredictable, which is a good thing, so I'll test out to see how the ladders hold out to a barrage.

RTG Main Topic

very good tutorial SA!
    Last edited by The Spartan (Returns); 08-03-2006 at 18:01.

RTG v1.0 has now been released. There are download links on the first page & first post of this topic, as well as installation instruction links. Here is a summary list of changes that have been made to RTG since the last RTG open beta v0.2 as released:
    • Night Battles, related graphical effects (EG torches, building window lights etc), traits, triggers, images etc have now been incorporated into the mod. Thanks to DimeBagHo for the great tutorial on how to do this!
    • Archer's Skymod has been included. Thanks to Archer for a major improvement in various battlefield daytime / nightime visuals!
    • Night fighter capability has been given to all faction leaders and faction heirs. Thanks to Dejan77.
    • Various pike units now use the vanilla underarm animations. Thanks to those who suggested and / or voted for this.
    • Desert Axemen now use SigniferOne's barbarian swordsmen animations to reflect the use of their axes. Previously units would stab using the axes, which looked out of place. Thanks to The Spartan.
    • Carthaginian & Eastern factions (Carthage, Numidia, Pontus, Armenia, Parthia) can now construct the highest temple levels in huge cities. Thanks to Dejan77.
    • Added a few new Zoroastrian ancillaries and triggers.
    • Made use of various BI character traits and triggers.
    • Tweaked threshold rates for all character traits to avoid bias and repetition.
    • Prevented 'Generic Rebel General' (IE rebel equites unit) from spawning with rebel armies. Dependent upon regional location, rebel family members will now be more formidable than previously.
    • Relocated Roma to the opposite bank of the Tiber river; relocated SPQR family members.
    • Tweaked mercenary recruitment pools and mercenary replenishment times.
    • Unit naming overhaul: many existing units have now been renamed, only a handful retain their original names due to convenience.
    • The cheat_oliphants units (spawned on gladiator uprising) have been modded down from the overscaled Yubtseb (Bestbuy) elephants to a renamed War Elephant Mercenaries, which are identical (in size terms) to the african war elephant mercenaries.
    • Overhauled many existing faction names, more info available here
    • Tweaked a couple of unit voice entries.
    • Tweaked numerous shield value stats.
    • Adjusted camel mount unit spacing from the default.
    • Added a couple of mount effects to previously omitted units.
    • Tweaked collision mass of infantry.
    • Quick Battles should now work properly if selected, and should be more random than previously.
    • Barbarian factions can now construct paved roads. The costs associated with construction, as well as construction times, have been increased in order to make constructing these improvements more difficult and time consuming.
    • Various unit spacing has been recoded for many unit types.
    • Selected unit types now make use of the hide_long_grass ability.
    • Roman factions skins, models, sprites overhaul, courtesy of GODzilla's & Pinarius' MODDING LEGIONS Full Pack v1.3b. Thanks to Lusted (for recommending the MODDING LEGIONS Full Pack), HunterKYA & The Spartan (for suggesting the Romans require reskinning).
    • New region added in Hibernia. Tweaked resources as necessary.
    • Reconstructed Iazyges province; split into two smaller regions. Tweaked resources as necessary.
    • Relocated Julii starting armies on campaign map.
    • Given Astyages region to the Parthian Empire at the start of a new campaign.
    • Gallia Transalpina has been given to the Rebels from The Greek Cities.
    • The Greek Cities have been given Lydia (in Asia Minor) from the Rebels. Thanks to Dejan77 for the suggestion to relocate the Greek Cities from Gallia Transalpina.
    • Removed a Greek Cities diplomat from the Gallia Transalpina region.
    • Tweaked Greek Cities starting armies.
    • Renamed Dumatha to Thalaba.
    • Fixed a small hole in the campaign map at coordinates 192,114.
    • Tweaked a few height values on the campaign map in map_heights.hgt
    • Added roman generals, lesser generals, centurions, standard bearers and eagle standard bearers from the MODDING LEGIONS Full Pack.
    • Updated Greek_Cities and Parthia campaign map graphics to reflect changes in province ownership.
    • Added Professor Spatula's Greek Sword Hoplites model.
    • Tweaked Professor Spatula's reskinned Numidian standard bearers so that they appear for a wider range of Numidian units.
    • Implemented extensive elements of LAca's Numidian & Greek Projects to the mod.
    • Implemented extensive areas of webbird's Xmasbox to the mod, including the artwork of webbird, maximusminimus, Warspite.
    • Implemented many of KALI's Parthian reskins to the mod.
    • Implemented KALI's banners to the mod.
    • Implemented Kaweh K's earlier battlefield banners (the latest version of battle banners, faction symbols etc still needs to be implemented).
    • Implemented UI cards created by webbird.
    • Implemented UI cards created by LAca.
    • Created brand new sprites for all of the latest units added to the mod so far.
    • Pinarius' Realistic Horse Mod has now been implemented in the mod.
    • Edited an island in map_regions.tga so that it now belongs to the secondary Scandinavian province, rather than Denmark. Thanks to Carsten.
    • Relocated several ports on the campaign map to prevent 'collisions' with others. Thanks to Carsten.
    • Given Arabia Petrea Secunda (formerly Sinai) starting province to the Ptolemaic Dynasty.
    • Relocated Ptolemaic family member to settlement location.
    • Relocated a couple of campaign map resources.
    • Added 5 additional crossing points (fords) on several rivers across the campaign map. This should hopefully improve accessibility for both human and AI players, improve road generation etc.
    • Mercenary recruitment pools / AORs have been restructured. There are now more than double the amount present in a standard vanilla version. Recruitment has also been varified by different types of unit, as well as a few new mercenaries.
    • Movement modifiers have been adjusted.
    • Extensive changes have been made to the unit stat system, many areas have been recoded from scratch.
    • General's Bodyguard units have been reduced in size, but have been made more powerful to compensate. Thanks to Angel.
    • Adjusted the majority of units skeletons from earlier versions of the mod.
    • BI Victory Conditions have now been tweaked.
    • Tweaked a few construction aspects of some buildings.
    • Removed many types of secondary weapons from a variety of units.
    • Made Genova (Liguria) a town instead of a vilage.
    • Added a few relevant eventpics for some cultures.
    • Restructured many existing ZORs, created many new ones dependent upon unit type and culture. Recruitment should now be more restricted as a result. Irrelevant ones have been removed.
    • Recoded rebel factions and rebel starting armies. Included many omitted rebel units as well as new ones that have been created, resulting in more powerful rebel armies.
    • Recoded starting denarii per faction dependent upon predicted financial situation.
    • Recoded AI personalities to reflect extensive changes to recruitment rosters, starting financial situation etc.
    • Implemented webbird's Scythians. Featured work from webbird (Scythian reskins and model work), the RTR team (elements of the Scythian models) and Anastasio The Great, aka ATG (elements of the Scythian models). My thanks to all involved for their fantastic artwork for this somewhat neglected vanilla RTW faction
    • Created brand new Scythian sprites for the Scythian units.
    • Recoded additional elements of EDU, in particular unit recruitment, upkeep, weapon and armour upgrade costs. Also adjusted number of turns recruitment dependent upon unit type and status.
    • Recoded mercenary recruitment costs.
    • Boiling oil from gateway defences has now been removed due to reported inefficiencies.
    • Relocated the port (again) in Arabia Petrea Secunda to an alternate location.
    • Added a couple of new character traits.
    • Modified existing triggers and built many new ones to improve randomness of certain traits.
    • Adjusted battering ram health and flammability parameters.
    • Tweaked various ZORs to prevent units from appearing the incorrect side of the marian Reforms.
    • Edited faction campaign descriptions.
    • Updated campaign menu descriptions and tooltips.
    • Modified additional areas of historical battles, including starting armies, experience, weapon and armour upgrades etc.
    • Allowed both factions to be playable in certain historical battles, but not all have been adjusted because of AI issues. Thanks to The Lacedaemonian / The Spartan.
    • Changed Teutoburg Forest historical battle to a winter setting. Thanks to The Lacedaemonian / The Spartan.
    • Adjusted ZORs (again) to iron-out any potential issues with unit recruitment both sides of the Marian Reforms.
    • Tweaked ancillary chance rates. Ancillaries should appear less frequently than in previous versions.
    • Tweaked pirate navy spawn values. Rebel pirate vessels should appear less frequently than in previous versions.
    • Tweaked rebel spawn values. Rebel armies should appear less frequently than in previous versions, although they will be more powerful.
    For more information, updates and latest news, please refer to the RTG Subforums based @ TWC.

Thanks.

RTG Main Topic

good to see you got it up! all we need to do is announce it on the mod discussion too and pm a mod (prefferably Epistolary Richard) to get it on the the org home page! (btw put this mod in the finished section)

Thanks, its taken a while as you know

I've submitted the mod to the Mod Downloads forum, and once its been added I'll simply copy and paste the topic into Mod Discussion to save time.

Cheers.

RTG Main Topic

Thumbs up Re: Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), compatible with vanilla RTW v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Seasoned Alcoholic
    Thanks, its taken a while as you know

I've submitted the mod to the Mod Downloads forum, and once its been added I'll simply copy and paste the topic into Mod Discussion to save time.

Cheers.
    woot! cheers!

The Lord of the Thistles Member Roderic the Emptyhanded's Avatar
    Here and there. There and here. You know; wherever there's food. And pie.

Default Ehhr..? Bug?

Ok, so I downloaded RTG v1 yesterday and installed it this morning. I deleted the files as the readme told me to. But when I started a campaign with The Dacian-Getae Tribes I met this:

Has this happend before? Is this a bug? Or is it just I who screwed up, again?

Regards, Wiking.

Other people who've downloaded the mod have had similar problems Wiking|sWe, perhaps it has something to do with deleting map_heights.hgt? Anyway, from the feedback they've provided to me, apparently all you need to do is close RTW, reload it and start again, and the campaign map should be fine.

The only file that may cause this glitch is the removal of map_heights.hgt, but I'm not entirely sure as I've never experienced it myself. It may be another file or combination of multiple files that cause this problem, but by the sounds of things its only temporary.

Here's a relevant link in case you have any further installation problems:

RTG v1.0 Installation Issues Topic

Thanks.

RTG Main Topic

The Lord of the Thistles Member Roderic the Emptyhanded's Avatar
    Here and there. There and here. You know; wherever there's food. And pie.

Thank you, when i ran the mod next time it worked. Maybe you should put this as a"Known Issue(s)" stuff or something like that.

RTG V1.0 EXE INSTALLER VERSION

Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG) is now available for download. This download is RTG v1.0 and is is an EXE Installer. You will need to install this version on a clean vanilla install, which has also been appropriately patched. Also, the default destination directory (the ...\data folder) must be selected as the target installation directory. This is to ensure the installer works correctly. Here are the download mirrors:

RTG v1.0 EXE Installer @ FileFront

RTG v1.0 EXE Installer @ Megaupload

The download is compressed in ZIP format, and is around 115MB in size. The uncompressed total filesize is around 300MB.

If you have broadband internet connection, the download time shouldn't be too long. Although with slower connection speeds it may take a while, especially if the file hosting URL is busy. I would recommend using a reliable download manager tool if you are on a slower connection.

You'll need a ZIP extractor tool such as WINZIP to open the ZIP file, if you don't have this you can find out more (and download) below:

WINZIP

For vanilla RTW patches which are required for this mod to work properly, you can download them from TW.COM or say, DOWNLOAD.COM (use the search tool to find the RTW patches), here are links:

TW.COM Support

DOWNLOAD.COM

There should be 3 files included with the self-extracting ZIP download, these include the RTG v1 installation program, readme / installation instructions and also the RTG credit section.

I hope you enjoy Rome: Total Gameplay!

RTG V1.0 EXE INSTALLER README

----------------------
    #ROME: TOTAL GAMEPLAY#
    ----------------------

(1) Install a vanilla version of Rome: Total War (RTW), EG v1.0

(2) Patch up as follows (this will depend on which version of RTW / BI is contained on your CDs / DVDs):
    • RTW patch v1.1, RTW v1.1
    • RTW patch v1.2, RTW v1.2
    • BI patch v1.4 (this includes RTW patch v1.3 on CD, which will be installed), note that this patch is available on the BI CD. Alternatively, if you don't own a copy of BI, install patch RTW v1.3 instead.
    • BI patch v1.6 (this includes RTW patch v1.5), BI v1.6

(3) Create a backup of your DATA folder located at C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

(4) After the backup has been created (this usually takes a while to complete), run the RTG installation program included in the download. Note that the default installation directory is the one that should be used for the mod to install and run correctly

(5) Once the installer has finished, you will need to delete the following files so that the mod will work correctly (create backups first if you want):
    • map.rwm (IE the campaign map) @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base
    • map_heights.hgt @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base
    • events.dat (IE sound file) @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds
    • radar_map1.tga @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    • radar_map2.tga @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    • descr_vegetation.db @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data

(6) Start up RTW as normal. If you attempt to play a new imperial campaign, you will have to wait longer than usual for the new map.rwm file to be automatically generated by the game.

RTG V1.0 SELF-EXTRACTING ZIP VERSION

Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG) is now available for download. This download is RTG v1.0 and is a self-extracting ZIP file. This version is recommended if you have other mods installed, or if you wish to install this version manually. Only download this version if you're confident about manual installations. Here are the download mirrors:

RTG v1.0 Self-Extracting ZIP @ FileFront

RTG v1.0 Self-Extracting ZIP @ Megaupload

The download is compressed in ZIP format, and is around 150MB in size. The uncompressed total filesize is around 300MB.

If you have broadband internet connection, the download time shouldn't be too long. Although with slower connection speeds it may take a while, especially if the file hosting URL is busy. I would recommend using a reliable download manager tool if you are on a slower connection.

You'll need a ZIP extractor tool such as WINZIP to open the ZIP file, if you don't have this you can find out more (and download) below:

WINZIP

For vanilla RTW patches which are required for this mod to work properly, you can download them from TW.COM or say, DOWNLOAD.COM (use the search tool to find the RTW patches), here are links:

TW.COM Support

DOWNLOAD.COM

There should be 3 files included with the self-extracting ZIP download, these include the DATA folder, readme / installation instructions and also the RTG credit section.

I hope you enjoy Rome: Total Gameplay!

RTG V1.0 SELF-EXTRACTING ZIP README

----------------------
    #ROME: TOTAL GAMEPLAY#
    ----------------------

(1) Install a vanilla version of Rome: Total War (RTW), EG v1.0

(2) Patch up as follows (this will depend on which version of RTW / BI is contained on your CDs / DVDs):
    • RTW patch v1.1, RTW v1.1
    • RTW patch v1.2, RTW v1.2
    • BI patch v1.4 (this includes RTW patch v1.3 on CD, which will be installed), note that this patch is available on the BI CD. Alternatively, if you don't own a copy of BI, install patch RTW v1.3 instead.
    • BI patch v1.6 (this includes RTW patch v1.5), BI v1.6

(3) Create a backup of your DATA folder located at C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

(4) After the backup has been created (this usually takes a while to complete), install the files manually to the appropriate destination directories.

(5) Once you have finished manual installation, you will need to delete the following files so that the mod will work correctly (create backups first if you want):
    • map.rwm (IE the campaign map) @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base
    • map_heights.hgt @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base
    • events.dat (IE sound file) @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds
    • radar_map1.tga @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    • radar_map2.tga @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    • descr_vegetation.db @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data

(6) Start up RTW as normal. If you attempt to play a new imperial campaign, you will have to wait longer than usual for the new map.rwm file to be automatically generated by the game.

NOTES:
    • The Self-Extracting ZIP uses exactly the same structure as a vanilla RTW version, so copy and paste files using the structure provided as a reference point.
    • I would recommend copying and pasting individual text files one at a time rather than complete subdirectory folders, otherwise you may corrupt your existing (potentially modified) version of RTW.

JONESOFT GENERIC MOD ENABLER (JSGME)

It may well be possible to use the JSGME tool with RTG Self-Extracting ZIP version. Here's a tutorial and download link on how to use & install the JSGME tool:

How to use JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME)

RTG ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS

Here is a list of additional downloads that can be installed after the main download has been completed. Note that you may need to read the whole topic in each case to locate the most recent and relevant download link.

Kaweh K's Artwork

Kaweh K's Artwork Hotfix

RECOMMENDED ADJUSTMENTS

Remember to make necessary backups before you modify the text files.

Unit Names
    • descr_names.txt @ ...\data
    • descr_names_lookup.txt @ ...\data
    • names.txt @ ...\data\text

This is an extract of a commented out (using semicolons) character name from names.txt:

Code:
    ;{Nidintu-Bel}            Nidintu-Bel
    Delete this entry of Nidintu-Bel.

Also delete Nidintu-Bel in descr_names.txt, as well as in descr_names_lookup.txt to remove this name from the game. You will need to restart your campaign for the changes to take affect.

Previously the game may have had trouble finding this name since entries existed in descr_names & descr_names_lookup, but the text entry was commented out, so this may have caused problems.

Number of Ranks

For those of you that wish to have a uniform number of ranks for all hoplite units, you need to make a very simple adjustment in export_descr_unit.txt (EDU) @ ...\data, as below:
    • Open EDU, hit Ctrl+F to open the search dialogue box.
    • Type in merc_greek_hoplites and do a search.
    • You should now see the mercenary hoplite unit entry, so close the search dialogue box.
    • At present, you should see the following on the mercenary hoplite's formation line:

Code:
      formation        1, 1, 2, 2, 5, square, phalanx
    • Simply change the 5 to a 4, in order to bring the formation in line with other hoplite types.
    • Your formation line entry should now look as below:

Code:
      formation        1, 1, 2, 2, 4, square, phalanx
    • Save your changes and close the text file. Note that you do not need to delete map.rwm in order for the formation changes to take place, but you can do so if you wish.

Fur Trade Resource UI Issue

There is a slight typo in the text file which references the fur TGA image. Here is a quick solution on how to fix this problem that apparently is displayed in the trade resource summary scroll:
    • Browse to your Data folder, located @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data directory.
    • Open descr_sm_resources text file, maximise this if necessary.
    • The 4th resource down is the fur resource. Simply change the icon line:

Code:
      icon                data/ui/resources/resource_furs.tga
    • Ensure that this line looks as below:

Code:
      icon                data/ui/resources/resource_fur.tga
    • Save your changes and close the text file. Delete map.rwm to apply necessary changes.

All we have done is to change furs to fur in the icon line, and this should now make the game locate the correct UI graphic for this trade resource.

RTG UNIFIED ROMAN FACTION

This is an optional download for RTG v1.0, and replaces the House of Julii, House of Brutii, House of Scipii and Senate (SPQR) with a unified Roman Republic faction. It also incorporates a couple of recommended changes, as well as making additional modification to the ancillary and character trait system featured in the mod. Here are the download mirrors:

RTG Unified Roman Faction @ FileFront
    Filesize: zipped / compressed = over 700KB; unzipped / uncompressed = over 6MB

RTG Unified Roman Faction @ Megaupload
    Filesize: zipped / compressed = over 700KB; unzipped / uncompressed = over 6MB

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Create necessary backups before incorporating this modification into RTG v1.0.

(1) You need to have RTG v1.0 installed to take advantage of this Unified Roman Faction. Otherwise, use at your own risk!
    (2) Simply copy and paste the accompanying text files into the appropriate directory location. The Self-Extracting ZIP uses exactly the same structure as a vanilla RTW version, so copy and paste files using the structure provided as a reference point. I would recommend copying and pasting individual text files one at a time rather than complete subdirectory folders, otherwise you may corrupt your existing (potentially modified) version of RTW.
    (3) Delete map.rwm @ C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base in order for the campaign map changes to be applied. A new map.rwm file will be generated when you start a new imperial campaign.

CREDIT FOR RTG UNIFIED ROMAN FACTION

Suggestion for Unified Roman Faction: Byte, The Lacedaemonian / The Spartan
    Recommendations & Advice regarding Unified Roman Faction: Lusted
    Original Text File Structure & Content: The Creative Assembly
    Various Recoding & Modification of Text Files: Seasoned Alcoholic
    Trait & Ancillaries Validator Tool use for Bug-Fixing: Malrubius

----------

DISCLAIMER:

Rome: Total Gameplay is not supported or endorsed in any way by The Creative Assembly, Activision or Sega. All of the work included is my own, and has not been taken, borrowed or stolen from anyone. Credit has been given when and where necessary. Note that any infringements present are purely unintentional.

If you wish to use any part of this modification (i.e. my own work, not that of The Creative Assembly) in your own projects, please contact me in the form of a Private Message either at the ORG forums at https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/index.php?, or at the TWC forums at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php. Additionally, the work of other modders is included with this modification, so you will need to be given specific permission from the author(s) if you wish to use their work in your own projects. Please do not take my work without asking, the most frustrating thing for any modder is to have their own work used without permission elsewhere. Bear in mind that many hours / days / weeks / months have been spent developing and improving this modification.

Apart from this, I hope you enjoy playing RTG as much as I did making it!
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; 08-14-2006 at 20:35.

RTG Main Topic

Default Re: Rome: Total Gameplay

hi u people good job at this great mod i have a qestion is it posbel that same as in the lord of the rings the battle for middle earth 2 or close combat IV to ply campaign plyer vs plyer or coop campaign play.that u can make this happen whit this mod whit a up date or new created mod....

if i understand you correctly,
    that's not possible.

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Quick question, currently playing as Thrace, doing rather well to, but when can thrace unlock the pikemen, onagers and Thracian officers core? After the Marian reforms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Yep. After the reforms.
    Down with the enemies of Byzantium!
    The Bartix thread is good for your health!

Ah okies, thanks for the feedback, i was wondering! On my current game im upto about 225bc, taken up the provices up until campus scythia, all the way across asia minor to the edge of the armenian territories (had to take out the agressive pontus) and am blocking the selucians out of the peninsula with two forts guarding mountain valleys. They selucians do have two towns inside the peninsula but im working on them, recently agreed to ceasefire and trade rights, with them paying me tribute, when those 5 turns are up, theyre getting oblitterated!!
    On the other side of the agean a coalition of the brutii, the dacians and myself has struck against the macedon/greek cities coalition, and have now got them containted in the bottom of greece, however its only a matter of time until the brutii attack me!

Loving the mod, very addictive, great battles and new units, the only problem is im playing it that much im never getting round to installing any new mods!!
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Hi

Really enjoying the mod but I am experiencing frequent CTD's playing POntus after about 237BC. Any method/feedback route to provide information to 'those that mod' to see if it is a real issue or just my machine?

Really like the work you have done here

CTDS are random in RTG so just restart the game.
    btw welcome to the Org!

Hello.

I decided to restart my Thracian campaign with RTG installed instead of just plain old vanilla, having just fought my first battle with this mod I notcied a few things.

1) Morale: For some reason soldiers seem to be incredibly brave, even lower quality levy troops, for the entire duration of the battle neither mine nor my enemies units changed past Eager or Steady despite losses (some heavy), flanking and rear attacks, and the effect of being attacked at night (in the case of the enemy who I was attacking at night). The enemy light cavalry fought my militia hoplites to the last man with no change in morale.
    The enemy peltasts and hoplites did eventually break and run but it was an immediate break with no wavering, shaken etc. and was the result of massive casualties, as in virtually the whole unit, the hoplites were so few by the time they broke that the remainder were cut down immediateley and none escaped.

2) For some strange reason my hoplites when attacking light cavalry did not inflict casualties very fast and were finding the fight difficult without support from falxmen and militia cavalry - light cavalry should not pwn hoplites in a frontal unsupported attack!

3) I noticed that both mine and my enemies Hoplites in Phalanx formations broke up heavily and quite quickly once engaged (to the front) which seemed to have a negative effect on their fighting capability (as would be expected). I don't understand why they broke up so much or under so little pressure but rather than a typical Phalanx fight it broke up into more of a scrum, also because (and I know this is a deliberate feature) the enemy hoplites carried on using their spears, when I flanked with my falxmen those who turned to face them presented them with a wall of spears and inflicted more csualties than normal, it effectively removed the tactical advantage of a flanking attack by heavy shock troops - I may just as well have made a frontal attack .

I'm not trying to make it sound like I don't like the mod - its very nice and I want to play it, but I'm confused as to if these things are supposed to happen, if so, on what grounds were they implemented? if not, why are these things happening and how can they be fixed?

Thank you to anyone who replies

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spong
    2) For some strange reason my hoplites when attacking light cavalry did not inflict casualties very fast and were finding the fight difficult without support from falxmen and militia cavalry - light cavalry should not pwn hoplites in a frontal unsupported attack!
    Is this an effect caused by cavalry units for having 2 hitpoint?

cavalry now has 3 hitpoints in RTG 1.0

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

Oh. Do you think that being able do challange phalanx from the front is a side effect caused from this new change?

probably 3 hitpoints is quite strong

Been playing RTG once again, after a rather successful campaign as the Ilberians, i decided to go for the Scythians, however on about the 4th turn, there are rebels outside my province ont he caspian sea (i cant remember the name) and when i engage them, it KTD's, its now happenned 3 times in a row :S
    Also, the province that is furtherest north that you own when you start, i can only scroll the map up so far before it inverts, the town is no longer visible and the map turns grey.
    Any thoughts?

Back on RTG again, this time, the Brutii!
    I'm only on a short campaign but i made it last so as i'd be able to take on the reforms. Anyway, got my two provinces at the heel, the towns over the river, going all the way up to Pola, from there stretching down to sicily, and back up all the way to campus scythii, taking in the bosphorus, i i dont have any land wher ethe dacians are, but the inside of macedonia, greece and thracia are mine. also, all the islands in the eastern med, crete onwards belong to me, as does cyrene, the two rebel settlements on the southern side of asia minor, looking onto the eastern med. The western end of asia minor also belongs to me with all but the northen most settlement taken out. Anyway, ive got a big army on sicily ready to taken the northern most settlement of the island (taken by rebels) and another big army in the ocean, on its way to aleria ( i think!) ready to crush rebels, and when popularity allows i plan to take rome, then finish the campaign with a last blow to the greeks!

I seem to have somewhat diversed from where i originally planned to go with this lol, but at least you have an idea of the scope of my time here, and why the following is a problem.

On 205bc, for the past 6 or so times ive tried, whenever i end turn, on the julli's turn, it also CTD's, and my god it's frustrating!

Thus any help is desired if possible!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast