Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fighting the Gaesatae

Default Re: Fighting the Gaesatae

It stinks - but it can happen in vanilla too. I really hate when that happens - some people can switch the preference to True like you said, but for some cpu's, it will override it and push it back to false.

Speaking of Tylis and Ankyra (previous page), where are the Scordisci? The troops in Scorcouw are all Illyrians, but shouldn't there instead be a mix of Illyrian levies and mid- to upper-level Gauls?
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

whats this unlimited troop feature?

forces reinforcements to come?

Its in preferences.txt, and supposedly allows you to make sure that all armies after the initial two still show up at the start of the battle, rather than being delayed. However, the engine seems to override your preference if it senses your computer will have a hard enough time with just those two armies.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Prodder of Stuff Member Musopticon?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO V
    I was wondering when someone would bring this up.

For starters, the "artistic impression" in that depiction is very close to what we have done in EB. Just that our units have helmets and are not as loose / animated due to the game limitations. And whilst the Gaesatae are muscular and toned..they are a far cry from Arnold and the Conan. They are just big, well built, fit blokes.

Speaking of 'bringing up' ...

..I do know a few things about the physiology in this regard...the unit is kinda modelled on my own bod (and Vercingetrix's ...bits)
    Quote Originally Posted by CorporateSlave
    By the way, regarding the oversized scrotum - I find it quite startling. It makes me wonder if the design was intentional to show their aptitude for a good fight, or a social commentary on the personal life of the pink devils - what woman would want to date a crazed, drugged-out blood junkie?? Maybe that's why they are so ruthless in their wrath!

Yeah, right. Ok, I just had to start a new account with a gay joke. I mean, that's the norm, right?

*ahem*
    About the crotch monsters of the far west, is the huge contigent of them in Ankyra intentional and if so why? What is so great about Ankyra that it's guarded by such powerful force, I mean 6 units of gaesatae along with a bunch of cannon fodder and leuce epos, ffs!?

The obvious answer would probably be that you can get access to Galatian AOR from the town. So, do you? And what government level do you need to recruit Kuarothoroi?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123