Thread: What are your thoughts on the RTW/BI lobbies?

Default What are your thoughts on the RTW/BI lobbies?

Since chat has been down what have you noticed about the lobbies? Are there less people during your times? What do you think the prospects are for the survival of RTW/BI online? How much better or worse has Sega's handling of this been compared to other publishers? Comments?

Default Re: What are your thoughts on the RTW/BI lobbies?

Looking at the numbers through Gamespy it looks like the numbers are down by 1/3. Meh.

The drops seem to be mostly during American Prime Times, with the European Prime Times seeing only a little drop off. Am I right or wrong?

Nope. Numbers when I played (say 10pm GMT) were usually in the 300's. Of course this could be due to many people being on holidays and thus unable to play.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

i think it has had a bad effect, its just too much effort now to try to talk to people in there. They should bring chat back, i didnt mind when you had abusive people on as the "ignore" function worked for me.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

CA killed the lobby. Im really starting to lose and interest in BI now...

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

It has definately ruined the pleasure of playing online.
    The numbers appear to be far less now than at any other time.
    PM chat is a no-go as far as I can see. Although it has been said that you can chat to more than one person we have never been able to.
    Unless it is sorted soon, I can see the MP game becoming extinct.

Jochi
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Not to mention that you lose game spy almost every attempt you try to host a game. 90%.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLurker
    Not to mention that you lose game spy almost every attempt you try to host a game. 90%.
    I get that message with every game I host but now that the desynce is fixed the replays run ok.

Jochi
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Well you are probably lucky because almost everyone who try to host a game had that problem.

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

It has made me not want to buy BI. I have up to this point been on pins and needles about the terrible MP structure, and hosting bugs etc. But now when I check GS to see if any of the veterans are on, there are very few. Even talking with cow on Vent, he seems to have a difficult time getting a 2v2 going with respectable opponents.

Also, without a chat feature it is almost impossible to extend the clan community of RTW. I mean, it is going to become harder and harder to communicate with new players so that they can become integrated with the clan systems and get trained up to a quality level.

Forever British Member King Ragnar's Avatar

I havent played in a while now, because my last memories were me and my clan mates getting one game within 2 hours which isnt funny at all, thus i have lost love for the game.
    Vote For The British nationalist Party.
    Say no to multi-culturalism.

Well, I really do 'not' know about you all. As long as their is still PM option open, why are you really triggered? It is right that the last 15-20 games were vs newbies, that doesn't mean that their aren't anyone on. At least, their is still a clan mate 24/7 lol.. It might be bad for the community, but the community should be able to handle it till it's gone. Otherwise, if their is a 1 day maintainance in your ISPs network, you'll start complaining and change it..
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

The TW series always has been, and always will be focused on SP. Expect the next TW game to have an even more scaled down version of MP, to the point where it's basically unsupported, and moreso unplayable.

Aelwyn is right. CA had chance to improve MP with the patch but did not. Lobby chat is still not good and never was. The server too is not good. We must wonder if CA really care. It looks like they do not.

Losing a clan mate (King Ragnar), still having to wait a good 20 mins for a game and no chat has really pushed me to my patience limit. I still love this game and will play it but losing a clan mate and the ridiculous waiting time is just horrible.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Im going to cover this actually on my radio show tomorrow evening. Once we get the damned phone line working for call-ins Im going to request and intereview with someone from CA to see if they'll be willing to explain the game's situation as we find it today.
    http://www.1greborn.com
    Clan Imperial Guard Inc.
    http://www.1GReborn.com

Good luck Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor[1G]
    Im going to cover this actually on my radio show tomorrow evening. Once we get the damned phone line working for call-ins Im going to request and intereview with someone from CA to see if they'll be willing to explain the game's situation as we find it today.
    http://www.1greborn.com
    Any news?
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

i miss spamming the lobby..
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

With the now advertised MTW/2 I cant see the lobby chat being brought back in the near future.
    Lets hope they have something worked out before they release the new TW game.
    Glyndwr.

We invite you to sit at our camp fire
    www.nomadalliance.co.uk