Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit worried about PoW.

|x-x0|<d -> |f(x)-l|<e Member caio giulio's Avatar

Default Re: A bit worried about PoW.

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    I agree. Prisoners for ransom or killing is a necessary element of MTW2. I'd like to choose between "ransom all", "ransom nobles" or "kill all" after fighting a battle...
    I want also "free soldiers" so I can free the poor paesant and non noble soldiers and kill/ransom all the nobles!!!

Typing from the Saddle Senior Member Doug-Thompson's Avatar

Re: Routers and resistance.

People who have decided to flee for their lives drop heavy, clumbersome things like shields, sword and spears. This is especially true if they are already exhausted.

Beyond that, a formation that lost it's cohesion is, literally, in an "every man for himself" situation and unable to fight effectively.

Units are fast in R:TW. Personally, I had an easier time catching all the routers in M:TW, mainly because I spent a time and attention working out methods. I'd have a unit or two of Saharan cavalry or such just for that purpose.
    "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caio giulio
    I want also "free soldiers" so I can free the poor paesant and non noble soldiers and kill/ransom all the nobles!!!
    yeah, I meant that too of course it should be possible to let them go. Killing nobles and releasing peasants however sounds like an interesting idea I hadn't thought of...
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Thompson
    Units are fast in R:TW. Personally, I had an easier time catching all the routers in M:TW, mainly because I spent a time and attention working out methods. I'd have a unit or two of Saharan cavalry or such just for that purpose.
    Agreed, but only in smaller battles.

When it was bigger battles where the enemy would have reinforcements the routers generally got well enough away (not that they all survived, not even close). But I must say that I have never in MTW managed to crush 2000 enemies down to 30. That is not even hard in RTW if you get the chance.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: A bit worried about PoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    A little resistance would be nice, if only to make certain that routers aren't butchered as easily as they are in RTW.
    But I would prefer for them to have a defensive capability. Meaning they might not kill much/anything but they aren't targetpractice either. In MTW the routers were pretty much screwed, but they at least had a chance, while in RTW any router is basically dead.
    Agreed. The "fighting to the death" stance in R:TW was a step in the right direction, but what I would like to see is individual soldiers that keep on fighting for the simple reason running would mean a sword in their back.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

A 'press them into service' option would be nice

.......Orda

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    Agreed. The "fighting to the death" stance in R:TW was a step in the right direction, but what I would like to see is individual soldiers that keep on fighting for the simple reason running would mean a sword in their back.
    If such thing would be implented, they all will just fight. As said eariler, every router is dead..
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: A bit worried about PoW.

Quote Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
    If such thing would be implented, they all will just fight. As said eariler, every router is dead..
    Perhaps I should clarify further: a soldiers should not run away if there no space to do so, or if his opponent is ready to strike. In R:TW all soldierw turn their back en masse on the opponent, exposing themselves to the blades while their exit path blocked by the back ranks of their units. I have seen units lose dozens of men in the first second following a rout, albeit this was in patch 1.2. I'd like to see this gone.

So I propose that individual soldiers would not run immediatly when in close combat.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12