Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: end of days (the revenge of satanae)

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Default Re: end of days (the revenge of satanae)

Just gotta post, this mod is looking awesome, this is one i will definatly play.
    How far along till completetion are you?
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

you ain't seen me, right!!. Member satanea juda's Avatar

still a long way off, thers so many thing i want to do and i have to learn how as i go along, err,

music. 100%
    periferal art, load screens, interface, UI cards, 50% ui cards being the biggest part.
    Faction units.
    Shambhala 99%.
    Islam 100%
    francia 100%
    Hispania 95%
    Albion 95%
    Germanicae 100%
    Satanae 95%
    Luminatus 75%
    Tubaal 75%
    spites for all units, 0%

but then i still have to do all the text stuff. ie. change zoroastran religion to islam, make the romano british(satanae) an eastern culture, add buddism to the huns(shambhala) plus change generals names to oriental.make a new map which i think will just be adding regions to the vannila bi map. add new diplomacy options, new traits for all generals, oh and the descr strat, which i want to make two of so i can have two campains gosh it's a lot. ah well, i will finish one day, lol this mod may become a Cult.

Thanks for the support guys as always.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Trust me all I can do is verbal support for now, I'd do more in case I was able and had the time to.

Just keep it up

this is looking awesome!!!

ne updates?

if u need someone to help u with the mass text editing, i could lend a helping hand there, but on other things like gfx i´m a loser :)

greetz

HahnHolio
    In the beginning there was nothing.
    so god said:'let there be light'.
    and there was still nothing,
    but you could see better." style="float:left;margin:0 10px 0 0;" />

Thanks guys,HH, when all the units are done i may well look for help with other parts of this mod, for now though i want to get them done so i know what i have to work with.

i wasn't happy with the Hispanic knight helmets, frankly it was rubbish, so i re did it, and below the Hispanic Royal Cavalry.

beautiful helmet. good luck with the rest of the project.

yepp, neat helmet design :)

well, just give a shout, when u need help anywhere!
    i´ll try to be helpful with all i can give :)

greetz

HahnHolio
    In the beginning there was nothing.
    so god said:'let there be light'.
    and there was still nothing,
    but you could see better." style="float:left;margin:0 10px 0 0;" />

I wasn't happy with the Hispanic knight helmets, frankly it was rubbish, so i re did it, and below the Hispanic Royal Cavalry.
    What ? I really liked them a lot, they looked more - well, knight-ish than the sallet-style new ones. Not that the new ones are bad, they´re not, it´s just, in my opinion they look more like munition-grade armour, and thus less like knights, rather non-noble heavy cavalry. Call it cliche, or whatever you want, but I really wish you kept the old ones as well. The more the merrier, so I truly hope you kept the cas file(s) of the old style knights, and if only to post them in the Repository, if you truly don´t want to use them. I would hate to see such a great unit go to waste

Errm i don't think i did keep it, probably over wrote it, sorry i'll have a look, while the original looks ok in the shots i put up the problem was underneath the helmet in as much that it would be impossible to take it off, i know that sounds silly as they can't take them off anyway but they just looked a little odd, and was bugging me.

This is the reference pic i used, i could have beefed up the gloss file to make it more flash, but then it might look odd compared to the armour. hmm i'll do some tests to see what it looks like. remember though my knights are early representations and i've tried to reflect that by making thier armour and helmets simple.

Can´t see in the shots why the helmets should be impossible to remove, it looks like a baniset-style helmet with a pointed visor, like this one: Baniset with Visor

Of course, I´ve only seen it in the screenshots you put up, and if you don´t have the model anymore, well, that´s bad luck for me (and others who happened to like it), I suppose.

And as for the time period - sallets like the one used as reference for the later version came not into use until the Late Middle ages and mainly in Germany as part of the Gothic armour style, see here: Gothic Armour

And as for the time period - sallets like the one used as reference for the later version came not into use until the Late Middle ages and mainly in Germany as part of the Gothic armour style,
    Good job this is not a historical mod then.
    i can't find the other model, but maybe you'll like these guys instead.

Knights of the Holy Quest

There will be no mercenarys in the war of the End of Days save these Quest Knights, they will be a powerfull if exspensive unit for any King to command in his ranks, they have long been searching for the Holy Grail which they belive will be a powerfull weapon against the forces of Darkness, however hard times and the temptations of Evil have forced many of these once most pious of men to fight for whomever will fill thier purse with gold.

Impressive fellows I´m really looking forward to playing this mod.

I've had to put this mod to sleep for a while, because i now have a three week old daughter, i have however managed to secure some excellent units from an awsome unit maker which will pretty much compleate my roster, also i have a half promise from one of the modding worlds best mappers, and tentative offers from a couple of very knowlagable coders. so all i need to do now is everything else, LOL, still a hell of a lot of work but i'm getting there, Oh her name is Lyla btw.

Why, congratulations! Of all reasons to put a mod down for a while, that´s the best.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

w00t WooT!!!

sj, we are so glad to hear that. Shall she have a long and healthy life with her parents.

Hey S.J.,

Just writing to say excellent work man!

Hellas1-Lurking in the background

BTW, may I suggest that for Shamballa, if not now in the future, to add a class of priest warriors called "Vajra Warriors"?

An elite unit, of course.

Congrats on your newborn also, May she live long!

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Congratulations S.J., she has big big big blue eyes....

Does she know about the "apocalyptic undertakings" of her dad yet?!?!?
    Last edited by Subedei; 08-17-2006 at 09:24.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

nudge nudge, wink wink Member GrimSta's Avatar

Yo, Halie Satanus. its Grim from TWC.

just wanna say that this has come on leaps and bounds since I last saw your work, your a credit to the modders out there and its rare that a truly original idea ever realises its potential. well done mate.
    "I'm right and everyone else is wrong or has taken too much LSD."

Awww, thanks a lot guys,

H1, as you know the units are done for the shambhalla, but when the mod does get released i will add the odd unit now and then,Vajra warriors will be one of the first on my list.

Hey Grim, thanks a lot bruv, glad to see you didn't leave the rtw community all together.

nah mate, I just got royally PO'd with all the guys runing TWC, and the whole outlook on it, taking it too seriously etc etc etc.

Im actually working on some stuff myself but im going to distance myself from TWC.

keep it comming man, Gender aside, I'm having pregnancy cravings for more screens.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimSta
    nah mate, I just got royally PO'd with all the guys runing TWC, and the whole outlook on it, taking it too seriously etc etc etc.

Im actually working on some stuff myself but im going to distance myself from TWC.

keep it comming man, Gender aside, I'm having pregnancy cravings for more screens.
    I'm feeling your pain mate, feeling it big time. no more screens for a while as the mod has gone into different territory at the moment,ie text editing, but i've just got a bunch of units from shogo(remember his units?) so when i start reskin them to fit this mod i'll put up some shots, i'll only reskin them to fit different factions, but the original skins will all make an appearence somewhere.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=56015&page=1
    https://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?...pspear16tj.jpg
    https://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?...kishinf3lh.jpg

remember him? lol, I used to work alongside the boy, and afaik im the only one with a copy of his Crusades mod apart from The Crusades team to whom he gave them.

Ahh, your not the only one he gave them to.

random loading screens.

Good to see you again.
    You got Shogo´s knights? Another reason to look forward to your mod

Hey guys, work is still going well though i've been working hard in real life so i haven't made time for previews, anyway hope you like these boys.

Vampyre Spearmen; the Vampyres are an eastern tribe from beyond the Carpathian mountains, little is known of them outside thier own boarders save they are vicious warriors in battle and often hang around the field of battle long after the fighting is over. there will be four vampyre units in the satanae armies, Spearmen, Harbingers, Headhunters, and Knights.

Based on one of Shogos models, so props to Shogo. and the vampire units from underworld evoloutions(i couldn't resist)

WOW...

I am really exited by this MOD.
    I'm also interested as to the music you have used, did you use any Nobuo Uematsu? Or was it all original? And what style is it? I am expecting mid 13th-14th century stlye Gothic Chorus'. But I suppose you might have gone with something more unexpected.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Check out track four, thats the backing for the intro movie.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...disc=1&track=4

Info on the track.
    http://www.classical.net/music/comp..../miserere.html

The rest of the music will be, different, but i hope fitting, probably only the campaign map backing for each faction/religion, depending on how music can be edited, its not something i've had time to look at to much.

Nobuo Uematsu, no i've never heard of him, from the few bits i could find on line, i'd have to say his music wouldn't fit, the themes i have got are a bit more earthy, or simplist.

So no huge orchestral sweeps, or massive choral headbanging, but it is cool.

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

Nobuo Uematsu is notably known for his work on the Final Fantasy video game series.

The vampire spearmen are looking nice. I was thinking the other day Vampires VS Werewolves would make an awesome strategic war game after watching Underworld Evolution :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana
    Nobuo Uematsu is notably known for his work on the Final Fantasy video game series.

The vampire spearmen are looking nice. I was thinking the other day Vampires VS Werewolves would make an awesome strategic war game after watching Underworld Evolution :lol:
    hehe, that sequence of UE is pretty cool,

Jedi Master Member spirit_of_rob's Avatar

funky units

i reall like the breastplate of the spears
    Skinner/Modeller for EB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast