Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Preview thread

Default Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Antioch gets some crazy good infantry and some quality mounted knights. And because I love you Vandal (and always have) here they are:
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

EB Pointless Extras Botherer Member VandalCarthage's Avatar

Antioch gets some crazy good infantry and some quality mounted knights. And because I love you Vandal (and always have) here they are:
    I knew we had something special and those dudes is groovilicious
    "It is an error to divide people into the living and the dead: there are people who are dead-alive, and people who are alive_alive. The dead-alive also write, walk, speak, atc. But they make no mistakes; only machines make no mistakes, and they produce only dead things. The alive-alive are constantly in error, in search, in questions, in torment." - Yevgeny Zamyatin

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Very nice looking units ...

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Whoa, I just love those Halberdiers. Are they getting an animation of their own? The vanilla two-handed animation isn´t quite appropriate for halberdiers, especially when charging.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

You know how halberdiers fought as spearmen till the enemy got close, then used the hook or axe blade. Well maybe you should use falanx formation, but make their secondary weapon look the same as their primary. This way when the enemy got close they would stop poking and start swinging.

EDIT, except I'm not sure you can edit the phalanx weapon. Oops.

They will be using a two-handed spear animation we have. Its better than the regular spear animation but doesn't include any chopping motions so its not perfect but it will do.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    You know how halberdiers fought as spearmen till the enemy got close, then used the hook or axe blade. Well maybe you should use falanx formation, but make their secondary weapon look the same as their primary. This way when the enemy got close they would stop poking and start swinging.

EDIT, except I'm not sure you can edit the phalanx weapon. Oops.
    You can. At least Wles did it in his LotR Mod.

However, in my opinion precisely this technique should be used for normal spear units, with reduced stats for the secondary weapon. That way you could simulate the support rank effect of MTW, while the spears are fighting in formation they get the somewhat stronger primary weapon stats, when they switch to the secondary, but identical looking one they get a bit weaker, but would still be spear units, capable of fighting cavalry, instead of degenerating into sub-standart swordsmen.

Anyways, a two-handed spear animation is fitting enough, I´ve read the axe part on the halberd wasn´t used very much, since the weapon would twist in the hand of its user, due to the length of the pole, and would strike with the flat instead the blade.

those knights have to be the most bad a#$ knights ever

you should consider just putting this game on a cd and selling it id pay good money for this

It’s awfully quiet around here.

Well, hopefully that means Caius is too busy working on is mod to post. Anyways, as far as I´ve understood him, most of the units and stuff are done, now he´s working to get it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    Well, hopefully that means Caius is too busy working on is mod to post. Anyways, as far as I´ve understood him, most of the units and stuff are done, now he´s working to get it up and running.

All units are completed. Of course not all have been previewed, but what would be fun about knowing what every single unit in the game looked like.

So if the units are done whats left thats not done?

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Presumably buildings, scripting, testing, etc... Not to mention the many descriptions for so many units.

Regardless, good luck on finishing the mod caius. It looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to playing it someday!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Caius any news on progress?
    On rtr forums you've mentioned long time ago about beta testing that should have begun long time ago.... What's going on now?

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Welcome to the .org daud

I'd like to second your request for news.

Work is continuing. There has been a snag with coding the units into the game as I'm rather busy and reiks has been on vacation and is now moving. So the two team members are trying our best work on the mod whenever we can.

Is there any date of release you can give us? And no pessamistic, I had a heart attack the last time you said that, even though it turned out to be even later than you said.

I´d say he´ll release it when it´s done.

Honestly, I´m as eager to play Crusades as you are, but there´s no use nagging at Caius. Let him take his time and don´t put him under pressure. We don´t want him to tell us to collectively go jump because we´re getting on his nerves, now do we?

I'm just joking around mate(refer to earlier post).

Knight who says NI! Member Crusader Invasion's Avatar

Any new Updates? Can't wait to download!

great work so far on everything
    really looking forward to a crusaders mod and it looks fantastic

Member Member Sed Nomine Tuo da Gloriam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soibean
    great work so far on everything
    really looking forward to a crusaders mod and it looks fantastic
    Hey!!...it's me!! I've finally found my way back to you guys!!...well, it's good to see that the mod it's still working, I'd like to know if there has been any nwe updates or new units. Thanx
    Deus Volt!

The last update were the Antioch units. There are ofcourse units I haven't shown, the most notable being the Templars and the entirely revamped Kingdom units. I won't be showing them as there should be some surprises in the mod.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 08-16-2006 at 23:42.

youve been saying that for months but every time you say it it makes me even more anxious to play this mod
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Member Member Sed Nomine Tuo da Gloriam's Avatar

Eventough I love Templars, I will accept your decision, It's hard to say this and even harder to wait until the mod is finished, but I suppose I can wait for another couple of months. The GREAT question is how many you estimate.
    Inch'Allah!!
    Deus Volt!

Wow This mod is looking good!

I'm dieing of thirst for this mod.

"I did not give the cup of the Crusades to you"-Caius Brittanicus

"No, my lord"-Manslaughter

Caius jams blade up to the hilt into Manslaughter's throat.

i signed up to this forum purely to tell you how ridiculously good your units are. man, they look almost as good as those from mtw2. =p

the only other units that come close for me in terms of quality are the ones prometheus is creating for res gestae and ran no jidai.

haha, this thread must be a pretty big ego booster, but it's well deserved. ^^

Knight who says NI! Member Crusader Invasion's Avatar

His skins are some of the best I've seen, the only ones that come close is Dirty Peasant's for Chivalry TW.

Just so people don't get the idea that the mod is dead

Crusader General (aka Family Member)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast