Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Preview thread

Default Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Just so people don't get the idea that the mod is dead

Crusader General (aka Family Member)

Glad to hear from you Caius I was getting worried about the mod!!!

Keep up the good work Caius. I'm still dieing though.

The Crusader general looks absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to your mod best of luck. Love the armies on the campaign map.

Just went threw this thread awesome skins and details are great. Saracen cavalry was really really nice

Since I know its been a long time since this thread was really active, I'm delving back into my internal team renders. These renders were originally just viewed by team-members to comment on unit progress. Most of the units you'll see in the coming days are revamps of older units. All of these units were completed sometime ago or finishing touches were added recenetly. To start things off I'll show you a revamp of one of my original works. The Welsh Bowmen.

Welsh Bowmen

The old version of this unit, as you may recall, wore padded leather armor and a kettle helmet. Now the unit has lost his padded armor and wears a green and white tunic with a red coat over top. He still bears his kettle helmet and now also bears a small wooden buckler painted in the heraldic colours of his tunic which correspond to the colours of Wales. Gone also is the quiver that use to be strapped to his back. In its place the arrows (now 3D) are stuffed into his belt behind his back. His short short has also been placed in the belt on his left side.

The change was made to not only update the visual quality of the unit but also give it more uniqueness. The old unit was rather grey and boring, now the unit has a bit more of an identity. It will also make noticing him in your opponents armies a little more easy. Which is handy, especially since they fire armor piercing bodkin arrows capable of piercing multiple targets. If you ever come across a unit of these badasses you better deal with them quickly or else you could be in deep trouble.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

I can't decide who I love more, Caius or his amazing units!?!
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

Continuing to preview units that changed over the course of development we come to the start of the revamped Latin units. Over the next couple of days you'll see the changes made to units like the Latin Foot Knights, Mounted Latin Knights and the Kings Bodyguard.

Foot Knights fo the Latin Kingdom

This unit which was first featured in 2005 recieved a considerable face lift at the end of spring. Higher resolution textures for his surcoat and shield as well as a much improved helmet. He now also features a new sword which has more detail than his previous incarnation. Not as drastic a change compared to the Welsh Longbowmen, but a change none the less.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

WOW, that's really cool!

Mounted Knights of the Latin Kingdom

Again a unit that was first featured nearly six months ago. These mounted knights have changed slightly. They have a new and improved helmet, what I call the "Tiberias." Its a replica of the helmet worn by Tiberias in the movie kingdom of heaven. Other changes are higher resolution surcoat and shield as well as a more three dimensional coif. This revamp was also completed in early spring and it is the first time anyone (even team members) have seen it.

I love i love i love this mod....

Man I don't know how you keep making such goddly skins, but keep it up. The day this comes out I'll be in a state of joy for years to come.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Knights of the King's Guard

Today we revisit the King's Guard. These knights are ofcourse the bodyguard units for the Latin Kingdom. They have recieved the most in terms of update. Originally just the mounted Latin knights of old they now have new shields, a new helmet and most importantly new covered horses.

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

awsome, truly.

Ya Misr!

wow caius ive been waiting a long time for your mod, whenever you plan to release a private beta tell me and ill help you get through any bugs that come up. -CoS

I'll help too!

this whole mod will be like living inside the movie "Kingdom of Heaven"

Member Member Sed Nomine Tuo da Gloriam's Avatar

Caius, in what phase of the final release project is now the team? I tought that it was nearly done, 'cause I haven't been in the forum for a while. So when are you planning to release (even a part) the mod?. Thanx
    Deus Volt!

The custom battles beta is closer than ever. But people have to remember I don't sit at my computer all day working on this mod like its my job. I have other responsibilities all of which come before working on Crusades. So please just be patient.

Today's Revisit:

Heavy Infantry of the Latin Kingdom

Another unit that received an update during the spring. The original heavy infantry sported heavy grey padded armor. Now, to fit with the theme of the Latin Kingdom, the heavy infantry have been placed in blue padded armor. They also now have a hi-resolution shield texture and updated padded coif.

Quote Originally Posted by Sed Nomine Tuo da Gloriam
    Caius, in what phase of the final release project is now the team? I tought that it was nearly done, 'cause I haven't been in the forum for a while. So when are you planning to release (even a part) the mod?. Thanx

Have patient and enjoy the beutiful screenies meanwhile....

Today you get to look at the re-vamped Mounted Sergeants.

Mounted Sergeants of the Latin Kingdom

Again not much of a change. They have recieved improved surcoats and shields and look all-around much nicer. Considering they will form the bulk of the crusader cavalry I believe the changes quite eye-pleasing.

Once again Caius, great artwork. I really liked the "Knights of the King's Guard", and best of all the "Crusader General". Wow , what a masterpiece!

when will it be released?

Count Member Refnulf von Holland's Avatar

wow! the remakes look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    Aw man, why would you ask that? Why...?

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

What a tirade of awesome shots! Really nice, thanks.

WOW! The Crusader general is so cool. Very good model and texture!
    Knights of the King's Guard=awesome!

Member Member Sed Nomine Tuo da Gloriam's Avatar

Caius, is there any new 'unit-re-styling' you think we should see?. A stupid question,when it's finished you'll release only a beta for testing or we're waiting for the final product.
    Deus Volt!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    Realists deny reality, and embrace an ideology where talk is productive and governments are sincere.

Well I dont think its too big of foul to ask for an estimated release date for a mod we've been waiting on with so much enthusiasm for so long. Yopu guys all act like its a big red line no-one should cross.

But anyway, I still can't wait, My mouth is watering

Quote Originally Posted by Maizel
    Well I dont think its too big of foul to ask for an estimated release date for a mod we've been waiting on with so much enthusiasm for so long. Yopu guys all act like its a big red line no-one should cross.

But anyway, I still can't wait, My mouth is watering

Do you know how many times people have asked when will it be released in this thread alone, not to mention the numerous other threads on this forum. Its the equivalent of a kid asking his parents "ARE WE THERE YET?" 100 million times on a long road trip. It will be out when its ready. If one more person asks when is the mod gonna be released I'm not gonna post any info again unitl the release date. So please, just give it a rest.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 09-25-2006 at 19:05.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast