Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Preview thread

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Handbags ladies

Caius, it's something any mod maker has just got to live with ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Handbags ladies

Trust me. I've dealt with my share of "when is it gonna be released before." I worked on RTR for half a year. But since me saying "when its done, don't bother asking me anymore" doesn't seem to be sinking in. Its time to use a new tactic. Which is, ask me when the mod is gonna be released one more time and I stop updating the preview threads.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Crikey, I'll have to start checking these theads more often and deleting at will. Tell me, if I say "Please don't tell me when it's going to be released" for everytime someone asks, does that negate it?

Just take people's impatience as a complement.

PS, when is this mod going to be released?
    Actually, on second thoughts, don't tell me...

Thanks for making this awesome looking mod btw.
    Last edited by Myrddraal; 09-08-2006 at 10:35.

Knight who says NI! Member Crusader Invasion's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: Screenshot Preview thread

I can't wait untill this mod comes out!!!!

Last edited by Crusader Invasion; 09-08-2006 at 22:34.

EB Pointless Extras Botherer Member VandalCarthage's Avatar

Caius, even if you can't meet the perfectly reasonable request of telling us the precise date and time of it's release, can you at least tell us what color pants you'll be wearing on the day of it's introduction to the world?
    "It is an error to divide people into the living and the dead: there are people who are dead-alive, and people who are alive_alive. The dead-alive also write, walk, speak, atc. But they make no mistakes; only machines make no mistakes, and they produce only dead things. The alive-alive are constantly in error, in search, in questions, in torment." - Yevgeny Zamyatin

Quote Originally Posted by VandalCarthage
    Caius, even if you can't meet the perfectly reasonable request of telling us the precise date and time of it's release, can you at least tell us what color pants you'll be wearing on the day of it's introduction to the world?

Sadly I can't. As I have taken to not wearing pants anymore.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

Handbags ladies

PS, when is this mod going to be released?
    Actually, on second thoughts, don't tell me...
    Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Sadly I can't. As I have taken to not wearing pants anymore.
    We have a lot of fun for such a small forum. And Caius... I want to be you.
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

awesome kings gaurd i so want this game on a cd for i cant download

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius maximus
    awesome kings gaurd i so want this game on a cd for i cant download
    You will have to tell us where you live then Tiberius so someone can mail it to you.

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

Quote Originally Posted by Andronikos Kypriakos
    You will have to tell us where you live then Tiberius so someone can mail it to you.
    i dont know how to go about doing that though do pm someone or what?

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius maximus
    i dont know how to go about doing that though do pm someone or what?
    I would start by telling us which country your from then hopefully someone from there will volunteer to mail it thne you can PM your details if you trust them an so on.

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

Quote Originally Posted by Andronikos Kypriakos
    I would start by telling us which country your from then hopefully someone from there will volunteer to mail it thne you can PM your details if you trust them an so on.

there ya go took me a while to figure out how to put my country up, whoever lives in the U.S. and can send it, pm me please!

Turcopole Revisited

Outfitted now in a padded leather coat and mail coif the Turcopole has seen a significant update over the summer. More heavily armed the Turcopole now better represents the unit and its role in the crusading army. Before, he wore nothing but a tunic and carried a small round shield; making him nothing but a skirmishing troop. Now, outfitted in better armor (including a better helmet and mail coif) as well as a larger kite shield, the turcopole can take up his position as the second line of a cavalry offensive behind the Knights and Mounted Sergeants. But because he still carries a bow and is not overly armored he can still skirmisher and catch quicker Saracen cavalry. The turcopole is now an important and versatile unit on the battle field supplementing the cavalry of your armies.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Terrific as usual.

I assume you don't tire of praise as much as you do as people asking about when your mod is out.

Any more building previews to come though?
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Nice padded leather coat texture. I tried to make my own, but it was a flop...

Moving on to a revisit that I did recently, Ghuzz Tribesmen. This unit was completed some time ago but never shown to the public. I decided to "up the ante" with it only recently and using the same texture I added a new feature to the unit.

Ghuzz Tribesmen

These men are skilled hunters and nomands from eastern turkey. Although they are skilled with javelins and axes they are not to be mistaken as line infantry. These men make excellent ambushers and are capable of hiding in almost any position. Quick as lighting and and just as deadly they make excellent troops that can harrass approaching armies as well as lay in wait for an ambush.

Whats new to the unit is the fur coat. Before, it was just a fur texture. Now the fur has come to life like never before in an RTW mod. And if all you can think about is the performance hit, don't fret. The fur appears only on the high detailed model and so these fur coats do not come at any performance cost.

Count Member Refnulf von Holland's Avatar

wow nice fur!

that fur looks so real i should report you to the RSPCA lol
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

is there a sticky that sez "DOn't ask when its released" ?
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Hello im new here..im a fan of KOH & RTW..its not released yet but im a fan of your project since day one i saw ur screenshot for "the crusade" mod..love it..

Quote Originally Posted by Shishan
    Hello im new here..im a fan of KOH & RTW..its not released yet but im a fan of your project since day one i saw ur screenshot for "the crusade" mod..love it..
    yeah you me and so many others

awesome turcoples by the way, as always

Quote Originally Posted by Shishan
    i swear when i was reading it that the big question was gonna come up but glad it didnt.. lol very nice skins by the way Caius!!
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

hey caius, i was goin through your screen shots and when i found the screen of the knights of st. lazarus i couldnt help but to notice that the symbol on his tunic was wrong cause although they pretty much modelled themselves after the hospitallers of st. john they didnt have the same cross design their symbol was a green sharpened cross like the ones on this site

http://www.oslj-international.org/Th...derenglish.htm

that should be the direct link if you want to check it out

just so know one mystakes them for hospitallers, other than that i love them

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

this mod isn't really about hist. accuracy (as stated by Caius0, its more about enjoyment, eye candy and someone's inspiration from kingdom of heaven ^ ^

The gameplay features are interesting
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

As my friend here said, the mod has never been about historical accuracy. Now, that doesn't mean alot of what you see isn't right out of history. Most of the units fall into the period of the mod, and 90% of the arms and armor is restricted to the period of the 2nd and 3rd crusades. As stated in the info thread, the mods purpose is to create a new single player experience steeped in the history of the period but not necessarily restricted to the history of the period.

Moving on, a treat to the patient masses.

The new and improved Byzantine Kataphraktoi

If your wondering, things are moving alot faster now. Isnogood (our new task monkey) has completed 55% of the info and battle cards and the coding is entering the final stages.

Mind Blowing
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

yeah, that looks great! and excellent to hear that things are picking back up. on that note, have you had success in making city layouts for the fortresses, etc? i remember from the map preview, the campaignmap models look excellent.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Unhappy Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Well done Caius, everything looks great!
    I'm starting to realise that, when long time ago on rtr forums i asked you to give a "pessimistic" release date, which you did - (16 october) you were not kidding . But anyways keep up the good work, and if any help needed, i am always ready to help with coding.

Btw, the units from previews, are they new, or you are simply improving old models? Does that mean that you are finished with them? And could you give us some preview about the recruitment system and scripting? I.e. will we be able to build "clone armies" or like in mtw2 armies will be different?
    i think ca new recruiting system is really great, adds a lot to gameplay. Why not make recruiting availiable only through mercenaries button?

the skins look great!

I.e. will we be able to build "clone armies" or like in mtw2 armies will be different?
    Not possible with the Rome engine

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast