Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Preview thread

Default Re: Screenshot Preview thread

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Not possible with the Rome engine

Myrddraal is correct. However, at the same time because of Crusades incredibly diverse unit roster you can build armies where you have all the essential units cavalry, infantry and missle troops and not a single unit is the same as the other. Meaning that in a sense the clone armies of RTW are semi gone. So normally if you needed 4 units of basic infantry you would have say 4 units of hastati (vanilla rome). In crusades you can have latin militia, english men-at-arms, french infantry and latin men-at-arms. Or you could have german infantry, italian militia, tripoli men-at-arms and antioch halberdiers. Or hospitaller spears, with teutonic spears etc etc. The combinations are almost endless with the numbers of units per faction. The same goes for the Saracens who have an even more diverse recruitable roster than the crusaders.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

That's good news. Thanks for your answer Caius and again good luck, and God (s.w.t.) help you finish it soon.

The last thing i wanted to ask is the garrison script. Is it 100% confirmed that it is going to be in the mod?

Its not 100% confirmed yet. right now its 50/50 include or not.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

the models are impressive! i use some of the unit previews with white backgrounds as wallpaper... they looks so detailed and shiny.

very nice
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    LOOOVE THIS MOD!!!111 When Is It Going To Be Released?!?!?!

okokok I'll stop now, I'm in a good mood, forgive me

come on Myrddraal even you know your not supposed to do that!! lol :)
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

[B]Caius, again concerning the recruitment system, will all units have 0 turn time to recruit, or like in rtw vanilla the harder the unit, the longer to recruit?
    Can you make 0 turn for militia units, and say 3-4 turns for other elite type troops, or any recruitment system like that.
    Also i wanted to ask, whether it is possible for crusaders and muslims to have specific mercenaries to recruit?

Units look great, so does the map and the buildings... Please don't hurry to much, don't forget about the proper economic/recruitment systems!

Recruitment is not zero turn and has never been zero turn.

Member Member Sed Nomine Tuo da Gloriam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Recruitment is not zero turn and has never been zero turn.
    I think daud.fr was refering to 1 (one) turn-units, such as town militia, etc.
    And it's also my doubt, and also which is going to be the importance for the game of the Holy Relics?, will they generate more income?.
    Deus Volt!

A battle from the latest build of the game. An English army fresh from europe is waylaid by Arabs.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Thank you for ignoring me, and looking good

Man, the detail you've got on those units is really top quality. What can I say, I'm jelous...

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Yo Caius, where do u get the visuals for the lamellar? DId you make itself and then replicate it?
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

I made it from a a picture I found on the internet. Took sections of the lamellar and then edited the color, shading etc eventually ending up with a tileable texture that I could use.

Holy... You never cease to amaze me.

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Stunning, Caius, just stunning! I'm LOVING it! :)
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Things are progressing nicely. And just in case you don't believe me

forgive the poor quality, I didn't bother saving them with any high quality settings.

beautiful!

You are the most talented RTW modder I've ever seen...
    "Paeninsula Italica" Fan

Knight who says NI! Member Crusader Invasion's Avatar

^^^ I agree

You are forgiven my son...

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Caius, you are torturing us! Beautiful screenies, truly.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Amazing! Looking amazing.

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Seeing those screens is making my fingers itchy to play!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

If i had a game company i should hire you, for sure.

Really nice work.

As we are putting together the final game we are also taking the opportunity to test the stats more thoroughly, which means some kick ass online battles. So I am going to share with you an AAR of a battle between myself and Reiksmarshal (another developer on the mod). Before this battle we had already played a battle in which I as the crusaders had attacked his light saracen infantry and out numbered and out gunned was eventually totally destroyed. I chalked this up to lack of cavalry. I had with me in that attack two units of mounted knights. And although they are powerful they were easily bogged down by numerous saracen light cavalry. I was determined to use more cavalry in the next battle. Eventhough it would mean being out numbered even more than I already was. So with that setting up the battle lets get started.

The battlefield would be the dunes of Arabia.

I had chosen for my army 4 units of heavy Byzantine Cavalry (only available to the Crusades/Saracens in custom battles not the campaign), 4 units of Teutonic foot knights, 3 units of german heavy infantry, 3 units of english men-at-arms

2 welsh longbowmen, 2 Genoese sailors

and the templar grandmaster as my general.

As the battle started I quickly surveyed my opponents army which vastly out numbered my own. He had at his disposal 4 units of Ayyubid Infantry, 4 units of of Jarwajaraya Militia (javelineers with large shields), 4 units of thaqlah infantry, 3 units of Mamluk Foot Askars,

2 units of heavy mamluk cavalry, 2 units of jaridah cavalry

and a unit of Sibyan al Rikab for the general.

I
    n all, the battle would pit my 1860 men against his 3534 men making me outnumber nearly 2 to 1. Almost before I could react to his army, Reiks began moving them quickly to my right attempting to take the high ground. I was closer to it but slower. despite this I made a move for it anyways.

Reiks was faster and took the high ground with ease. All I could do was use my archers to screen my army as they essentially pivoted on the spot to face the saracens now lined up on my right flank. For a few minutes our archers exchanged volleys. My longbowmen were getting the better of his mamluks and so he decided to send his light cavalry to deal with them. He moved them quickly to engage my welsh men. As soon as I saw what he was doing I orderd 1 unit of kataphraktoi to make an attempt to intercept his light cavalry

My slower kataphraktoi, which also had to race uphill, didn't make it in time and one of my welshmen units was over run. However before reiks could withdraw his Jaridah cavalry my kataphraktoi were able to engage them.

The Jaridah were quickly beaten by the far superior kataphraktoi. I quickly sent the kataphraktoi back into position while I continued the archery skirmish. Unfortunatly it wasn't going well. His mamluks, which now had numerical superiority quickly ate up my archers and so I was forced to begin the main assault.

The plan was simple. I had arranged my units in a classic cavalry charge formation. My Kataphaktoi would charge first, break up the enemy line and my infantry would fill the gaps.

The charge was more devestating then I could possibly imagine. I had targetted the infantry line behind his mamluks expecting them to fall back as my cavalry approached. However, they stood their ground and were completely trampled by the heavy cavalry as they plowed through them on their way to the light infantry.

As the charge was underway I moved up my infantry and prepared to send them into the gaps created by my heavy cavalry. Already it was working, the cavalry had pushed itself almost right through three lines of saracen light infantry and had effectively isolated the entire line into four parts.

I was still holding back my english men-at-arms and at this point the battle had not yet been decided. His overwhelming numbers were beginning to have an effect on the foot knights and german heavy infantry. So I sent in the last of my infantry to support the wavering units.

Reiks still had two units of Mamluk heavy cavalry, things weren't going well for him and so he threw those men into the frey.

With their armor piercing axes they were cutting through my english and german infantry near the center of the line. The last unit I had left were the Templar Grandmaster and his Inner Circle knights. I quickly told them to charge into the melee and try to engage the Mamluks.

For the next 10 or so minutes there was nothing more I could do. I had to hope that my infantry would prevail against the remaining saracen light infantry. Several units started to falter but in the end his right flank began to rout. Soon his entire right and parts of his center were in full rout.

His left and parts of his center held out a little longer. However his general was soon killed and his entire army was in flight. So ended the battle, of the 3534 men that opposed me at the start of battle only 383 remained. Of my 1860 men some 1125 brave men still stood.

All in all, an excellent battle that displayed the superiority of heavy cavalry. However, the saracen army lacked heavy infantry of any kind. Had he brought Black Guard, Daylamites or Syrian heavy infantry to the battle things may have turned out differently.

This is a proof not only he is good in moding but superb in tactics..is there any tutorial here to brush up my skills..

Excellant stuff Caius,
    glad to see things are coming along so well.

it would be nice to see a teaser trailer of this game b4 its release..screenshots making me drooling..if a movie..would make my jaw drop

very cool shots, a very good battle, and those are awesome arrows (showing troop movements). but about the welshmen, are you going to fix the crease down the face? and should they have swords? how about some sick-looking maces?
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast