Thread: Stories Of Warfare

Default Stories Of Warfare

On the suggestion of x-Danger in another thread here is a thread to give us a report of a particular battle you fought on multiplayer. Doesn't need a strict format just be sure to tell us the rules and the factions participating, if you want screenshots would be excellent.

Here is one of mine.

Factions

Alemanni & Western Roman Empire Rebels Vs Huns & Western Roman Empire

Rules
    • Five max of each unit
    • No elephants

I have a few bezerkers, achers and golden band giving me a solid infantry core. Now I was up against the Huns, so I armed myself with five mounted noble cavalry units.

The game starts off and me and my ally have a nice hill, so we play the waiting game and set up camp. Then however my ally 'has to go', so I'm stuck with the damn AI, up against two human counterparts. The AI goes charging down the hill, taking loads of onagers blasts in the process. I snuck nicely down the edge of the hill while the enemy easily took out the ais infantry, lookily however the AI Cataphracts managed to wreak a little hoavoc around the line. Then however they where about the turn on my inf, so I sent my cavalry to back up my allies cav, taking out the onagers and archers, avoiding the infantry, I didn't want a slog fest I couldn't win.

So anyway, then after a while I send my infantry and beserkers in, they tore through the WRE lines, however then the Huns, who I would have usally expected my ally to take care of, charged time after time with cavalry. I kept taking them down, but not without losing many of my own men. Then thney gathered all their troops together and sent in all the WRE/Huns had left. I lost, but it turned out only a few soldiers where left. The enemy called me 'amazing' lol, now that a huge overstatment and I'd still get slaughtered by a many, but still. Considering I was with the AI, I think I did quite well :D

Default Re: Stories Of Warfare

Lovely Bridge Battles..

This is a funny 1 on 1, tells how fruitful patience is in R: TW.

I was Seceludid Empire and enemy was Roman, in a 1on1 bridge battle. I had 6 Long Shield Pikemen/6 Archers/8 Catas. Enemy had 6 First cohorts/8 Praetorians/6 Archer Auxilia. Rules were no art..

I advanced my Pikemen to his side, he charged 2 of his units followed by his cav. A long fight took place and it ended in my Pikemen dead along with the 10 units he sent on them (My Pikemen died of his arrows). Due to the fact that I had no infantry, and cavalry suck in bridge battles, I withdrawed and depoyed myself away just to give my enemy a chance to set up on my side. He didn't accept, and patience battle started. I went and started wathcing a movie, while looking at the PC for any update every 5 minutes. The next thing I know it he tries to charge me, but charging up hill under arrow stream doesnt seem to work good nowadays, espiecially when your general is dead. Their morale cracked up quicky, and I didn't bother moving any unit.

What can a chain routing do..

Factions: Me = Julii, ally = Parthia, Enemies: Armenia and Scipii.
    Rules: I don't exactly remember, around a year ago :P

It was a basic HA battle, till I could catch the enemy and drag them to me. The enemy charged me, my allies late but effectiv help cracked up the enemies' armies causing a chain rout that routed 970 men. I had lost almost all my units by then, so my ally took care of routers..

https://img417.imageshack.us/img417/...routing7ls.jpg
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

BHCWarman88

Warman's Death Field
    28K-48K
    Warman's Faction of Choice
    THe Army of Hell
    The 94-36 Selecius Army

I fought this guy named Robert,in the SUmmer time on RTW on this map I use and still use and this same extact army I use since the SECOND day I was on RTW, so it was the BEST 1v1 I ever had. I push him,then he couter alittle,then I counter him,then he counter me and beat me. I post a screenshot tomarrow (Tuesday)

Me- 1000-1060 Kills
    Him-1260-1360 Kills

Quote Originally Posted by BHCWarman88
    Warman's Death Field
    28K-48K
    Warman's Faction of Choice
    THe Army of Hell
    The 94-36 Selecius Army

I fought this guy named Robert,in the SUmmer time on RTW on this map I use and still use and this same extact army I use since the SECOND day I was on RTW, so it was the BEST 1v1 I ever had. I push him,then he couter alittle,then I counter him,then he counter me and beat me. I post a screenshot tomarrow (Tuesday)

Me- 1000-1060 Kills
    Him-1260-1360 Kills
    Do you have BI? If so you might consider coming online for a couple of games. I'm not that great, but now I'm in a clan there giving me a few pointers and such

If you ever want a game my xfire is monarchtw

Edit: Ok I just fought a nice battle.

I was the Alemanni up against the Eastern Roman Empire. The rules where no art, six same unit maximum.

It started off and he did the put the peasents in front to soak up arrow fire routine, so I just shot of and at his infantry. He then attacked with peasents but because my archers where on skirmish they just ran back behind my lines, my gold band then ripped into the peasents. Then he charged with all he had, I managed to sneak one unit either side to attack his flank and then my cavalry charged into the back, repeatedly. However he jsut had too many men, it was then I realised he had like 10 of the same heavy infantry unit, too late to quit to I just carried on. But eventually my gold band fell to eastern heavies. From there on it was jsut a case of him finishing me off. If only he hadn't fielded all the infantry, I could of won since I did kill more men than he did, he just had the larger army. Bad deploying by me basically lost me the game.
    Last edited by Monarch; 02-14-2006 at 13:19.

BHCWarman88

yea m8, I got both RTW and BI..

I added you to my Xfire just now Sover :-) :-)

Alemanni was the first Faction I lost to on BI,lol..