Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New MTW2 Q & A at Gamespot

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Default Re: New MTW2 Q & A at Gamespot

Quote Originally Posted by Servius1234
    And I also do believe that RTW was dumbed-down. I got that feeling when the battlefield controls were reduced, when the number of variables that effect battles was reduced, when the speed of the units was increased, when the defensive bonuses were decreased, when the killing speeds were increased...

For my part, I don't worship MTW, I just think that it had many cool features that were lost in RTW, and I think the AI was better able to handle the variables available.
    I have to agree with you there (plus I have calmed down now ;))...

BUt this is one reason I am so looking forward to MTW2 as it appears to be reintroducing some of those lost features...

Though I also agree that the timescale/turns things sounds a little vague and, well, odd... Though I can see their problem, put in realistic movment rates for units without any other abracted factors to slow them down and a good player could beat the game in a few turns(years). Leave realistic movement rates out and things look odd (it does not take two or three years to walk the length of Britain, it takes about 10 weeks...

Cellular Microbiologist Member SpencerH's Avatar

I havent played TW since civ4 came out so I may have missed some patches that may have improved the game in the intervening time (so take any negative comments with a 'grain of salt'). The screenshots of this game are undeniably awesome. That being said, I wonder whether this game will suit my tastes better than RTW which I consider to be just 'OK' and far too RTS-like. I will probably buy it, but if its 'just' RTW with new animations and a few tweaks/changes, I'll be disappointed.
    E Tenebris Lux
    Just one old soldiers opinion.
    We need MP games without the oversimplifications required for 'good' AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moroz
    Btw, how could you all forget the fact that RTW battles are so speedy that just does not allow to enjoy new 3D graphics? What's the purpose of brilliant graphics if you cannot notice it?
    Yeah, I totally agree.

Unfortunately I suspect CA are sticking to the ultra-fast battle speed of RTW, after all they didn't change it at all in BI.

I just wish they'd at least give us an option for slower casualty rates and routing, because those absurdly fast battles are one of RTW's worst features.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234