Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quotes

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Quotes

It was Pope Leo X.
    The quote actually comes from The Pageant of the Popes, a protestant play of the period written by John Bale.

It has since been falsely attributed to the real Pope Leo X. It's easy to believe when you read about the guy, but it isn't true.

another one :

"I have become so great as I am because I have won men's hearts by gentleness and kindliness."

—Saladin to his son, Zahir; quoted in Saladin.

“They became so terrible to the enemies of Christ’s faith that one of them sued to chase a thousand and two of them ten thousand; when they were called to arms, they did not ask how many enemy there were, but where they were”. - Jaques de Vitry (Cardinal Bishop of Acre during the period of the crusades) - said in relation to the Knights Templar (& Hospitaller)

Baruk Khazad, Khazad ai menu!

Lawks O'Lordy my bottoms on fire
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Joan of Arc
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12