Thread: Game's Over for Bejing 2008; moved TosaInu

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Default Game's Over for Bejing 2008; moved TosaInu

Support the Tibetan Cause free Tibet , use this signature if you want to partecipate ...

u can use this Tag in ur Signature

[Turin] Today the hunger strikers were greeted by Paolo Pobbiati, President of Italian section Amnesty International. His relationship with Ven. Palden Gyatso dates back to 1995 when Amnesty was able to host him on a long Italian tour soon after his release from prison and escape in exile. A deeply moved Paolo Pobbiati remained for quite some time in the company of Palden Gyatso. A new press conference was held in the afternoon with the presence of Bruno Mellano from Radical Party, MP Laura Cima, Paolo Pobbiati, Tamdin Choephel and Pema Yancghen. Tibetan doctor Thupten Tsering arrived from Bologna to provide medical advise and assistance to the hunger strikers.

RAI 3 National News Channel carried out interviews and filming of the three brave Tibetans. National newspaper ‘il Riformista’ featured an article calling for all journalists to pay homage to brave Tibetan monk Palden Gyatso and to write up about the Tibetan hunger strike in Torino during these Winter Olympics. There are 3,000 journalists in town to cover the games of 2,500 athletes. Encouraging and inspiring support e-mails keep flowing in from around the world. Some messages are very profound and emotional.

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Default Re: Game's Over for Bejing 2008

I will support the Tibetan Cause free Tibet and will use that as my signature in another forum.
    What the Chinese are doing in Tibet is really sick and evil. Chinese are destroying many traditional Tibetan buildings and wiping out the Tibetan race, culture and national identity through the massive influx of Chinese civilians into Tibet. It's ethnic and cultural genocide.

I hope Tibet will be a free, democratic and independent nation again in the near future.
    Last edited by Kazuma; 02-26-2006 at 02:23.

Again? Tibet has never been democratic.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Surely, Kazuma, if you are Japanese you hardly have the right to talk about genocide.

Tibet consists of only few people, who are very underdeveloped and rural. All the Chinese government is doing is providing trade, development and access to the outside world for Tibetans. Under the theocracy by the Dalai Lama would only set back Tibet, leaving it once again rural, isolated country. The Tibetans who want to leave could not do so easily, due to the remoteness of the area and sparse food.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius
    Surely, Kazuma, if you are Japanese you hardly have the right to talk about genocide.
    He has as much right as anyone, he isn't responseable for what happened 60 years ago. If we used that kind of logic most of the European countries would also have no right to talk about it. So can it will you!
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Maybe if the Japanese government didn't stop ignoring and trying to rewrite the fact that they killed many many Chinese including many members of my extended family. Its a friggin indignity to those who are connected to it simply because its denied by the government. The citizens, though ignorant, do not generally acknowledge it either when its brought up so its kinda hard to not be pissed at everyone on that island out of frustration. Its not like its burned into people's minds and we who are connected to it think of it constantly or hate the Japanese people, its just hits a nerve when its brought up because its ignored.

Hell, you should see what the Japanese historians say about America and how the government museums inuendo that FDR went to war with Japan to get the economy out of the Great Depression. Whilst Japan's only real desire was to gain new resources for a oil and ore starved island.

Yasukuni War Museum - Tokyo, Japan:

Photo by 'Azrael' - www.outpostnine.com - You are one funny man.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 02-28-2006 at 05:01.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Not a mod.. but lets not have this become a Japan vs China thread now shall we?
    Bitter, bitter it was,
    Yet somehow funny,
    Even as my father lay dying,
    I kept on farting.

- 16th century Japanese verse

-Proud member of the Ran no Jidai team-

Blog Entries

Every Culture and Every Civilization has done something that is quote "evil", by pointing the finger and saying "my hatred towards your culture is justified because you killed my country men" is hypocritical. Do you think most people in Japan are proud of what their ancestors did in WWII? Do you think most Chinese are proud of what they did to Tibet? I doubt it. But it happened anyway, and the best attitude you can have is, "well that sucks, lets try and make sure it never happens again". You just can't go back and change what has already been done, but you sure as hell can make sure it won't happen in the future.

AoM: TW Director Member Lonely Soldier's Avatar
    Brisbane, Australia... but hopefully not for too long.

Tiberius - I hope that when you mentioned the Japanese atrocities against the Chinese, you also considered the death toll directly resulting from Mao's acts of roughly the same period. Seventy-eight million deaths wasn't it?

By the way, I think that judging an individual on the (long) past acts of a few of his nationality is totally illogical, making my first comment above illogical also (but a little less so, as I have not drawn conclusions based on your nationality, which is a racist action in itself). I would just hope that if logic were to be thrown to the winds it could at least be done so in a slightly honest manner.

I think it is somewhat shallow, but also, in many cases, important to draw special attention to acts resulting from race hatred, such as Hitler's murder of the Jews. But doing so surely, though unintentionally of course, results in further dividing the human species? People are people, regardless of their nationality or "race".

*phew*, back on topic: I totally support the free Tibet campaign. My signiature will testify to that shortly. Nations have a right to be sovereign which overrides the "good" intentions, or even results, of occupation. If someone doesn't want help, they must be allowed to go without, despite what the wisdom of a foriegn government wants for them.

I also apologise whole-heartedly if I have added fuel to a totally different argument, that pertaining to Japan and China's ongoing feud.
    Last edited by Lonely Soldier; 02-28-2006 at 11:44.
    THE AGE OF MANKIND
    - Deceased

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizashi
    Every Culture and Every Civilization has done something that is quote "evil", by pointing the finger and saying "my hatred towards your culture is justified because you killed my country men" is hypocritical. Do you think most people in Japan are proud of what their ancestors did in WWII? Do you think most Chinese are proud of what they did to Tibet? I doubt it. But it happened anyway, and the best attitude you can have is, "well that sucks, lets try and make sure it never happens again". You just can't go back and change what has already been done, but you sure as hell can make sure it won't happen in the future.
    As I said, I don't hate the Japanese, I'm frustrated with people who don't know - when the thing comes up - because their government doesn't acknowledge it ever and has never apologized. Even the Germans have apologized to and compensated Holocaust victims and their families. Even the Americans did that for the Japanese intured during WWII and the Native Americans. Not that it fixes anything but it atleast is a 'Hey, we did this and we take responsibility for it.' Japan has never done so and acts like all these things never happened. Its a little thing called dignity, Wakizashi.

And preventing itt? That's never going to happen with people in charge.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 03-01-2006 at 00:47.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

I think that this thread should be merged with the one on the backroom.I dont think this has nothing to do with Ran No Jidai mod but i will keep it open as long as the conversation remains civil.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.