Thread: help!

Default help!

hey, im trying to get online with BI to play multiplayer but when it comes to multi player im a bit of a noob, how do you set up games? ive tryed to get online with gamespy but it keeps complaining about key codes!

Default Re: help!

The CD code is on the CD case go to change CD code to insert it, as for hosting games there is an icon between were the games are displayed and the chat shows up. Have fun and see you on multiplayer.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

ive tried all the codes i can find it says they are all invalid!

All the codes you can find? It just requires the code that is either inside your cd case or on the manual.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Mercenary
    ive tried all the codes i can find it says they are all invalid!
    You probably didn't mean to say that

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 02-25-2006 at 20:52.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    You probably didn't mean to say that

actually i did, theres loads of damn codes on my cd case (and manual) im not sure which to use! i think that the reaosn its not working is that i have changed my username, i dunno

What he meant by that was that you were finding these codes on something other than a valid copy purchased by you. I didn't get a cd code with my copy of BI, I had to use my RTW code. So, if you have the original game, and a seperate copy of BI, meaning a different cd...then try your RTW cd code. I haven't played either in almost 6 months I think, but the o's have to be zero's or something like that. Use all capitals, and put the dashes in. Just try all variants before giving up. Oh and hit the enter key after entering in the cd code, to save it.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Mercenary
    actually i did, theres loads of damn codes on my cd case (and manual) im not sure which to use! i think that the reaosn its not working is that i have changed my username, i dunno
    Was a bad remark I know , still it really does sound suspicious when people say that.

On Topic:

I do not think the reason your game isn't working is because you changed your username, ROme and BI both had the luxury of being able to change your username at will, with the same CD code.

Either you entered the wrong code or someone managed to steal your code - the latter option being highly unlikely.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

If you have the USA version of RTW, the code is on the inside of the CD case under the hub that holds the CD. There is no code for BI which uses the RTW code.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

If you have the UK version of RTW the Key Code is on the back of your manual, across the bottom (24 figures and letters). Barbarian Invasion does not have a Key Code.
    Do you have RTW installed with BI added?
    If you haven't got RTW installed you can't play BI.

The letters are all lowercase (not capitals) and all 0's are zeros
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

cheers for the help guys, il give it a try right now!

well ive tryed the code, it doesn't work! whats more when i try and change it the cd code bar is blank even when i have pressed enter after writing the code in, is that meant to happen?
    Last edited by Byzantine Mercenary; 03-04-2006 at 00:09.

Hmm yes it is meant to happen.
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.