Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IS there Really "honor" (honour for you brits) in RTW or any TW games??

BHCWarman88

Talking Re: IS there Really "honor" (honour for you brits) in RTW or any TW games??

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    You have to understand that my view is over the long haul. I waited 2 years for the release of the original Shogun, from when I first read about it in Next Generation magazine. And I bought that game preordered, months before it actually came out. And have been an avidly addicted to Total War games, and supporting the community ever since. So I have seen all of the rises and falls, ins and outs, good times and bad, as they have rolled out over the years.

Go With Honour – Keep The Code

Same with me. I brought STW when it first was Realeased

I been Loyal and Addicted to T gmaes ever since. I refuse to play games lik Imperial Glory or Legino Arena, and if I do, I refuse to become addcited to them.. and everthing else I can say, Tomi said it for me, as he took the words out of my mouth,ty

Default Re: IS there Really "honor" (honour for you brits) in RTW or any TW games??

Quote Originally Posted by BHCWarman88
    No, Rules are Useless. No Offense, but Rules are the Easy Way out of Actually picking a Good army with 88K.. Flatland 12.5K only shows you only can play 12.5K and not extactly good with everything else..

oh Sure Monarch, I played 12.5K MANY of times, and I'm not too bad, it seems kinda fun, but too little Money. My Clan Mates Aslo Hate 12.5K and these 6 Max Cav Rules I make them play with occsionally

88K, you can PUT your money where you want it, and there is SKill, NO matter what money you use, and Flatland?? haha, there is NO Skill in that. it flat,no forest, no rivers, no nothing, just flat

but my one Clan Mate told me

"Warman, I hate that stuff too, but there is always SOME sort of Stagtey in ALL types of Map, and people need to understand that"
    Actually, if you can play with little money, then pretty obviously more money just makes it easier, but if you play with too much money then the step down to less money is much more difficult.

But on the maps, you misunderstood me. I didn't say there was less strategy on hilly maps, they're just not as fair. You can deny alot, but in no way can you deny a hill gives the person on the hill a large advantage.

Default Re: IS there Really "honor" (honour for you brits) in RTW or any TW games??

And usually, on hill maps, players would find theirselves a hill each and camp on it. Not much of a game, heh! It's boring..
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

It depends which way you look at it. I almost always hosted hilly maps in STW and chose to attack every time. When you triumph against the odds it is anything but boring

........Orda

But in RTW/BI, the chance of winning uphill is quite low.. Espiecially with the pillas those plumps have.. Imagine 10 volleys of 10 AP damage javs coming in at you at archers' range.. (Their range is already long, and on a hill, it will be like archers'..)
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

It was easier to attack in STW than it was in MI and later MTW/VI. This is why I say that:

The hilly maps were bowl shaped, and in many cases you could minimize the height disadvantage by moving along the edge of the map. In addition, you could go into the red zone if you were moving, but not if you were stationary. Units in the red zone could not be targetted by ranged weapons. That meant edge or corner campers could be flanked by an attacker who was moving. The maps were smaller so that fatigue wasn't a big disadvantage for the attacker. Trees provided better cover from ranged weapons, and the attacker could often choose rain or fog in which to attack. Even if the attacker went from the starting position straight at a defender on high ground, there was considerable chance of success because defenders were usually defending because they weren't as skilled at maneuver or didn't grasp the morale system as well. Attackers usually understood that getting a single unit behind the enemy line would win by chain routing the enemy army. The battle system was designed by LongJohn so that the player who had the first unit rout would usually loose. In team games, you could attack massive hills and win most of the time.

In MI, the effectiveness of guns was greatly increased, muskets could fire in rain and the range of their back kills was greatly reduced which means the guns do not have to be exposed and can receive close support by anti-cav infantry. Infantry was also slowed down, and archers have absolutely no chance to significantly weaken a musket unit. This makes frontal assualts impossible. You can still try for the flanking tactic, but the slow infantry makes that more difficult and the infantry incurs more fatigue. Also, MI is played at double the koku over STW. That means morale is higher, and therefore it's harder to rout the enemy line with a single flanker.

In MTW/VI, the maps are bigger but the fatigue rates were not changed from STW making fatigue more of a disadvantage for the attacker. You can take a slow approach to attacking to compensate, but that means the defender has plenty of time to react to any attacking maneuvers. Movement in the red zone is no longer possible. Trees are half the density reducing the protection they provide. The weather is random, and most games are played in arid to minimize the non-optimal fatigue rate. The RPS is weaker. Also, MTW/VI is played at even higher morale than MI meaning flanking in force is required leaving fewer units available for the main battleline. Since the battles are more attrition based, direct frontal assault can't win despite the relatively weak ranged units. Team games are more popular than 1v1 because the attacker needs more power at the point of attack or a large flanking force. In addition, having learned by playing STW, there was a larger pool of skilled players in MTW/VI so that defenders were often just as skilled at maneuver as the attackers.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    And when there have been enough rude encounters, people just leave the game.
    True.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

BHCWarman88

MTW/VI did have Better Contorls

that why I still play it

Go Swiss!! go 2_5_2_ Castle!!

lol

In vi there is
    In RTW BI - no
    there is only victory and enemy's body
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

BHCWarman88

lol

Play STW...
    Honour is a must.

BHCWarman88

hey Girl, 1 more psot away from 1,400,lol

STW is where Most Clans started at,alongwith most people ,but only a few people and very few clans fro mSTW are still alive,sadly..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12