Thread: ERE Equite Clibs/Catas.

Default ERE Equite Clibs/Catas.

I think something must be done about the prices of these 2 particular units. In a normal campaign game, their price would be 1700+, but in custom games it is 1300+. While, on the other hand Sass cavalry (Which's supposed to be better dam/cost), have the exact same price on campaign and in custom games. Don't you think that their is something not fair between the lines?

P.S. By custom battles, I mean MP battles.
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Default Re: ERE Equite Clibs/Catas.

Well there are a number of units for which there are balance problems in BI, many much more severe than clibs. There is though little that we can really do, yes, you can create balance mods, but getting people to agree what needs balancing and to actually play the mod is next to impossible (we've tried). If CA were to make a small balance patch for MP it would be great, however they don't seem inclined to do that, so we just have to stick with the countless rules that are meant to try and provide a degree of balance, but never really succeeding. It's just one of the frustrating things about Rome... taking some feedback from the veteran MP community and making a few small tweaks to the stats would at very little cost really help improve the game, but no one seems to care.

As an semi-aside though, single player and multiplayer games have completely different balance requirements, so you can't really compare prices etc. side by side and expect things to line up.
    Last edited by NihilisticCow; 03-13-2006 at 20:19.

Default Re: ERE Equite Clibs/Catas.

Yes I can, at least in SP. An Equite Clib unit can crush 2 Sass catas or 2 Sass clibs melee.. And no, that's not balanced I think. Once, one unit of them along with 1 camel took care of my 3 paladin units..

I think they should make such a patch, all it'd take them is a few seconds to make anyway.. Editing some prices and stats for some units, then forbid playing MP till it's installed..
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.