Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

Default Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon Warrior
    The new units look good and the use of the large map totally increases possibilities!

Is the time frame for latest version release still as mentioned earlier in the thread - Next month or so?
    basically, I have finished the skins for the Hephthalites, the Huns, the Visigoths, and the Ostrogoths. the Persarmenians will be using Sassanid skins w/ retextures until further notice, I will be working on the other Germans now, Alemanni, Burgundii, Lombardi, Vandali, and they may share a lot of skins between them, the map seems to be OK, its just a matter of getting these units in-game so a release next month is definitely not out of the question
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Quote Originally Posted by vlad 1
    you have been making a lots of great units yourself
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Default re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

NEW UNITS!!! Please refer to the "Factions" thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49366, I posted several new units for the Huns, Hephthalites, the Visigoths, the Ostrogoths, the Slavs, the Vandals, the Lombardi.
    Here is a sampling:
    L-R Lombard infantry, Lombard swordsmen, Lombard heavy infantry

L_R Vandal spearman, Heavy Infantry, Vandal warriors

L-R Bulgar Cavalry, Bulgar infantry, Ulan heavy cavalry (Huns)

L-R Visigoth skirmisher, Visigoth Levy (a bit different model from AR's but using same tex), Gothic bowman

L-R Hephthalite Lancer, Hephthalite warrior (officer?), Hephthalite armoured archer

the units are using stuff from ATW, and Goth's mod
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 05-31-2006 at 08:46.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

MORE PREVIEWS:
    new UI elements (by Mylae)

new leader pics (by Mylae & RGyG):

new maps:

and of course, new units, including:
    Moravian infantry and cavalry (Slavs)

Burgundii levy, axeman, swordsman

Alemanni infantryman, chosen swordsman, 2 handed axeman

more available here UNITS, and will be avialble HERE (MAPS), soon.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

UNITS IN-GAME

more available here.

*discalimer: final version may differ from the preview
    *some elements in the preview contains works from RTR, EB, ATW, Goth's Mod
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Great looking previews! I am enjoying 5.03 so much it allows me to wait patiently for the new version. Keep up the GREAT work!

Quote Originally Posted by tooz
    Great looking previews! I am enjoying 5.03 so much it allows me to wait patiently for the new version. Keep up the GREAT work!
    thanks new units are more or less finished, and there are lots of new buildings by Mylae plus a new radar map by Onire, haven't had time to make a new preview, yet
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

I am well into TWO different campaigns (Franks and ERE) and this mod works smoothly--no crashes or glitches.
    One question--I may have asked this before but forget where i place it (which forum link)--How do I speed up the movement? I can hotkey "P" for Pause, but with the new GUI I cannot figure out how to go to double or triple speed.
    Also, how about throwing in a cool shortcut desktop icon?
    Last edited by tooz; 07-18-2006 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by tooz
    I am well into TWO different campaigns (Franks and ERE) and this mod works smoothly--no crashes or glitches.
    One question--I may have asked this before but forget where i place it (which forum link)--How do I speed up the movement? I can hotkey "P" for Pause, but with the new GUI I cannot figure out how to go to double or triple speed.
    Ctrl + 'T'
    Also, how about throwing in a cool shortcut desktop icon?
    something like this? available in next version, but maybe sooner with 'Rio's 463 IBFD mod', an official sub-mod of IBFD, due out soon.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

just a minor preview
    Arabs (Berbers to be replaced by the Lakhmids):

Rugians (recruitable by Huns)

redone Gardingi and Visigoth Lancers

redone Gairlom and Pictish Levies

Herul levy spearman, Heruli light cav, Heruli heavy cav

skins on Heruli based on Mylaes

new loading screens:
    standard

or
    sketch

Onire's map

desktop icon

and of course, new buildings:

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Announcement!!!!
    Riothamus has just released "Rio's 463AD IBFD Mod"
    available here:
    Rio's 463AD IBFD Mod
    MIRROR 1: BADONGO
    MIRROR 2: RAPIDSHARE
    more info available here: http://ibfd.modnet.info/forums/index.php?showforum=12 on the official forums
    or here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=67259 in the org
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Post Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

Hi Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia;
    Thanks for your mod.It seems so good.I've got just one mod for my RTW(XGM) and I'm looking for another good and historically acurate mod ,Especially for BI.According to this thread ,I want have your mod ,But I'm waiting for its full version to come.
    I just have some suggestion for Sassanids in your mod and the reason is the fact that while Persians where one of the main powers in the era Noone pay attention to them (Seems I am the only one) ,I saw some people even call them "Another Barbarian Faction in the east".Fortunately ,It seems moders are more aware about historical facts ,So I post them just for sure.

1-First of all ,In one of your posts in this thread which contains information and some pictures of each faction ,In picture about "Sassanids" there were two Sassanid heavy cavalry there ,One armed with spear and shield and one with spear and bow ,But one of the Sassanids important units are "Clibinarii" Or Heavy Cavalries armed with mace and bow.I have a pic who shows one of these Cavalries and if you want I can post it there.

2-In the original RTW:BI (And v1.6) ERE Clibs are more powerful compare to Sassanid one .I found it out by chosing one ERE Clibinarii against one Sassanid Clib or Cata or even Clibinarii Immortal and the result was the defeat of Persian Cavalry.I tried some times and the results were the same (you can do it by yourself).Persian were the first one who used Heavy Cavalry(I mean this type) in the field of battle and then during Parthians and Sassanids Reign They chose them as their main force.I don't know according to which source ,CAs decided that Roman Clibs (Or Catas) are better and if you show me somthing to prove this ,Then I will appreciated. I don't say that Sassanid Clibs were better ,But I think atleast they should be same in power.

3-In BI ,The title of roman faction leaders changed to for example "Augustus" for ERE Factin leader .But CA didn't use the same way for Sassanid(Persians) Faction leaders.As you probably know ,All persian emprors-From Achaemenids to Sassanids- have been called "King of Kings" Or "Shahanshah" ,So It will be more historical if you use this title for them.
    Note:Sassanid queens had the title of "Banebshenan banebshen" Or "the Queen of Queens".

4-In the original BI ,There are only two office title for Sassanids ,"Mobadan Mobad" and "Eran Spahbod".But there were manny more of them and Sassanids used them like "Vuzorg (Bozorg) Farmadar" ,"Shahrdar" (depends on area) and ... I hope you add these two to original game titles:

Poshtikban Salar: Head of royal guard
    Payygan Salar: Chief of infantry division
    Savaran Sardar: Head of cavalry division

You can find online source about ancient persia and especially Sassanids."wikipedia" is very good.

In the end ,Thank you very mutch for your efforts on this mod.I'm sure the end result will be great with good historical accuracy.

-Kambiz

Forgotten Empire

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz
    Thanks for your mod.It seems so good.I've got just one mod for my RTW(XGM) and I'm looking for another good and historically acurate mod ,Especially for BI.According to this thread ,I want have your mod ,But I'm waiting for its full version to come.
    I just have some suggestion for Sassanids in your mod and the reason is the fact that while Persians where one of the main powers in the era Noone pay attention to them (Seems I am the only one) ,I saw some people even call them "Another Barbarian Faction in the east".Fortunately ,It seems moders are more aware about historical facts ,So I post them just for sure.

1-First of all ,In one of your posts in this thread which contains information and some pictures of each faction ,In picture about "Sassanids" there were two Sassanid heavy cavalry there ,One armed with spear and shield and one with spear and bow ,But one of the Sassanids important units are "Clibinarii" Or Heavy Cavalries armed with mace and bow.I have a pic who shows one of these Cavalries and if you want I can post it there.
    there are clibinarii in IBFD, I only posted two cavalry units as the sassies are AR's work and I just wanted to show what are available.

2-In the original RTW:BI (And v1.6) ERE Clibs are more powerful compare to Sassanid one .I found it out by chosing one ERE Clibinarii against one Sassanid Clib or Cata or even Clibinarii Immortal and the result was the defeat of Persian Cavalry.I tried some times and the results were the same (you can do it by yourself).Persian were the first one who used Heavy Cavalry(I mean this type) in the field of battle and then during Parthians and Sassanids Reign They chose them as their main force.I don't know according to which source ,CAs decided that Roman Clibs (Or Catas) are better and if you show me somthing to prove this ,Then I will appreciated. I don't say that Sassanid Clibs were better ,But I think atleast they should be same in power.
    I agree they should be

3-In BI ,The title of roman faction leaders changed to for example "Augustus" for ERE Factin leader .But CA didn't use the same way for Sassanid(Persians) Faction leaders.As you probably know ,All persian emprors-From Achaemenids to Sassanids- have been called "King of Kings" Or "Shahanshah" ,So It will be more historical if you use this title for them.
    Note:Sassanid queens had the title of "Banebshenan banebshen" Or "the Queen of Queens".
    I don't know how to enable this, it might be hardcoded

4-In the original BI ,There are only two office title for Sassanids ,"Mobadan Mobad" and "Eran Spahbod".But there were manny more of them and Sassanids used them like "Vuzorg (Bozorg) Farmadar" ,"Shahrdar" (depends on area) and ... I hope you add these two to original game titles:

Poshtikban Salar: Head of royal guard
    Payygan Salar: Chief of infantry division
    Savaran Sardar: Head of cavalry division
    Mylae was mentioning about adding Sassnid ancilliaries

You can find online source about ancient persia and especially Sassanids."wikipedia" is very good.

In the end ,Thank you very mutch for your efforts on this mod.I'm sure the end result will be great with good historical accuracy.

-Kambiz
    sometimes historians also have conflicting theories ans sometimes the facts are very sketchy, but we strive to do what we can and still keep the game interesting
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Hi dear Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia;
    Thanks for your response.You're remaking nearly all factions in details ,And I can understand how difficult is it ,So appreciate you so mutch.Among my suggestion ,It seems only King's title (King of Knigs) is still a problem.There are plenty of other good moders in community ,And maybe they know how to change it ,If you want even I can post it in mod discussion (Although I'm not moder).

I hope you be successful
    -Kambiz

Forgotten Empire

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz
    Hi dear Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia;
    Thanks for your response.You're remaking nearly all factions in details ,And I can understand how difficult is it ,So appreciate you so mutch.Among my suggestion ,It seems only King's title (King of Knigs) is still a problem.There are plenty of other good moders in community ,And maybe they know how to change it ,If you want even I can post it in mod discussion (Although I'm not moder).

I hope you be successful
    -Kambiz
    why don't you visit the official forums and discuss there w/ some people who are working on IBFD http://ibfd.modnet.info/forums/index.php?act=SC&c=2 , we always welcome suggestions and see what we can accomplish.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

iam having a problem ever time i try to do anything CTD happens could you please help thanks

is there not possible to make the AI more prone to diplomacy?
    Im fighting a loooong and boring war against the eastern empire and im sick about it. They keep coming wave after wave and no matter how many loses they get they keep coming. Im trying everything to make peace but no...they want to keep fighting.
    Im bored i dont want to fight against the ERE, at least not now, there MUST be a way to make peace...I've even tryed some cheat codes but they dont work.
    C'mon can you people please do the AI more diplomacy friendly, otherwise what use is there with diplomacy...it's almust useless.
    People should know when they are conquered.

Exclamation Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

What happened to Invasio Barbarorum Forum? It doesn't work for me.

Forgotten Empire

@kambiz
    site was down for a while, last I checked it was back online, though but most things Im doing are text related so not much I can set up for preview, but maybe instead of a preview, next thing will be a release already
    @Baryonyx Walkeri
    what faction are u playing, maybe the faction u are playing has been coded to have bad relations with ERE.
    however, diplomacy in RTW does not really receive high marks in effectivity,
    another thing, if u are playing VH in campaign, diplomacy simply goes out the door.
    @tug34
    unless you can give me more info I really have no idea what can be causing ur CTD, it can be a number of things: installing in the wrong folder, failure to upgrade to 1.6, corrupted DL, modifying some files - to name a few that can cause failure to load up a game (only) then there are the CTDs in-game...
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Ramon,
    The mods looking fantastic! Love the new mini map. Ive not been following progress lately because the RTR forum which I used to visit appears to have died. Are we still waiting for version 6? It looks like its grown in scope quite a bit in the past couple of months.

still waiting for v6, I just finished checking all models for missing default textures, and am more than halfway through the new strat models. I still have to resave unit info cards, do some minor adjusting, and add in the sprites.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Great news. Im really looking forward to this. Thanks for the reply.

By the way, did you ever use that ERE rebels slot? Whats the current faction list?

sorry for the late reply and also delay in the release. I've been balancing the factions esp strenghtening the Sassies and slightly weakening the ERE.
    visual elements are all in place, only this balancing needs to be done.
    factions list:
    Alemanni
    Burgundii
    Lombardi
    Saxons
    Franks
    Visigoths
    Ostrogoths
    Vandals
    Slavs
    Berber Mauri
    Arab Lakhmids (takes the place of ERR)
    Picts
    Hephthalites
    Huns
    Persarmenians
    Sassanids
    WRE
    ERE
    WRR
    RB
    slaves/rebels
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

No apology necessary Ramon and thanks for the info! Just been reading about the Lakhmids. Good choice for that extra slot. One question, wikipedia states that they were from Southern Iraq and went on to conquer some Arabian territories. Does this mean that Arabia is now conquerable again or are they wedged into Sassanid-Byzantine border provinces?
    Last edited by Baldwin of Jerusalem; 09-06-2006 at 14:34.

arabia is conquerable, but only a couple of provinces there, and not so very rich at that... then the Lakhmids have to either look west to expand (ERE) or north (Sassanids). not very easy going for them but the Sassanids are also being hammered by the Hephthalites in the East and the ERE is in constant war with the Sassanids, and have to contend with an Ostrogothic invasion (time frame is a bit wrong but had to do this to balance the challengers) and have to protect their borders against the Hunnic hordes... all in all it should be great fun.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Exclamation Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

I hope you use diffrent File sharing sites to upload your mod because some of them like "File Front" do not works for me Below links are good for me:
    Megaupload:
    http://www.megaupload.com/

and

Badongo:
    http://www.badongo.com/

Thank you
    -Kambiz
    Last edited by kambiz; 09-09-2006 at 22:24.

Forgotten Empire

INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 released

requires RTW:BI v1.6

Mirror 1:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on Filefront
    Mirror 2:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on Rapidshare
    Mirror 3:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on MegaUpload

Install instructions:
    1. make sure you have a fresh, unmodded install of RTW:BI
    2. make sure you upgrade BI to v1.6
    3. installer will search for the proper folder to install to
    NOTE:
    this will overwrite several files in the '...bi/data/' folder
    4. a shortcut will be installed on your desktop, it will have the '-show_err' switch
    NOTE:
    if you use JSGME* and install to a different folder than the default, shortcut may have to be edited

more info in this thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...75#post1115875

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Rex Pelasgorum et Valachorum Member Rex_Pelasgorum's Avatar

Very nice mod, howewer my campaign map does not want to start...
    I want to go to load the "main campaign", but it does says that the selected item does not exist. I have deletet map.rwm, for no use... it simply does not work...

Any solutions ? I just wanted so much to play a bit whith my Huns on that great campaign map....
    Dogma nemuririi sufletului îi fãcea curajosi fãrã margini, dispretuitori fatã de orice pericol, poftitori de moarte (apetitus morti) luptãtori cu hotarâre si cu o întreprindere de speriat.
    (Metianus Capella)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast