Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

Default Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

You've developed a very nice mod there; I have been playing the last version since a few days and I really like it. It may not be 100%historical accurate, but it's quite fun(I'm talking about 5.03 here). I'll download the new version now.

Edit: You have borrowed some ideas/concepts from EB haven't you(unique buildings for example)?
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 09-11-2006 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Pelasgorum
    Very nice mod, howewer my campaign map does not want to start...
    I want to go to load the "main campaign", but it does says that the selected item does not exist. I have deletet map.rwm, for no use... it simply does not work...

Any solutions ? I just wanted so much to play a bit whith my Huns on that great campaign map....
    did u make sure to upgrade BI to v1.6? I usually get this error when I fail to upgrade to 1.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium
    You've developed a very nice mod there; I have been playing the last version since a few days and I really like it. It may not be 100%historical accurate, but it's quite fun(I'm talking about 5.03 here). I'll download the new version now.

Edit: You have borrowed some ideas/concepts from EB haven't you(unique buildings for example)?
    thanks 100% accurate is impossible, how can I make a 6 year old child a faction leader? how can I even get a woman part of a family tree and have the general married to her.... etc etc
    I'm not sure where Mylae got the idea for the unique buildings but it wouldn't be farfetched if its from EB. . If we have reached so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants.
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; 09-12-2006 at 10:01.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Well, in the end it doesn't really matter(at least for me) where the unique building idea came from, I always hated the conflicts between the RTW modding teams.

Great new version I have to say since I've played 6.0 for a few hours, definately a big improvement from 5.03. Plans for the future?

Edit: I also noticed that the romano-brits and the imperium constantini can only build a level 3 mic, is it intended to be like that?
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 09-12-2006 at 10:25.

Rex Pelasgorum et Valachorum Member Rex_Pelasgorum's Avatar

did u make sure to upgrade BI to v1.6? I usually get this error when I fail to upgrade to 1.6
    Thank you very much ! I have upgraded to 1.6 now, and it works perfectly ! The campaign is awesome and the Huns are... simply crazy Very hard to defeat them.

It is very nice you already have those large armies already standing, you can attack in the first turn, i also like the fact that you can quickly recruit large armies of crap units in 0 turn, which by the way, is my favourite tactic.

The map is very nice, and very realistic , altough there are some cityes misplaced and the mountains/rivers/hills/forrested areas in the area of Bactria , Jaxartes and Turanian depression are totally fantastic and very farr from the reality, but this doesnt matter alot as these are periferic areas of the map anyway

Congratulation for the beautifull mod, for the large amount of work invested, and for everything ! I hope it will be a 7.0 version preety soon
    Dogma nemuririi sufletului îi fãcea curajosi fãrã margini, dispretuitori fatã de orice pericol, poftitori de moarte (apetitus morti) luptãtori cu hotarâre si cu o întreprindere de speriat.
    (Metianus Capella)

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium
    Well, in the end it doesn't really matter(at least for me) where the unique building idea came from, I always hated the conflicts between the RTW modding teams.
    so do I, I think its one of the reasons why most mods just die out, everyone has to reinvent the wheel
    Great new version I have to say since I've played 6.0 for a few hours, definately a big improvement from 5.03. Plans for the future?
    glad you like it. for now just some ideas floating around, maybe a new map w/ size of warmap but extending to the East, campaigns like Attila's Belisarius' rise of Islam, something like that, but just ideas atm
    Edit: I also noticed that the romano-brits and the imperium constantini can only build a level 3 mic, is it intended to be like that?
    pardon my ignorance, whats an 'mic'?
    EDIT: yup, I intended them to build only up to level 3 mic, they get their higher level infantry earlier. the WRR especially, if they want to build higher level units, they have to capture higher level mics
    Thank you very much ! I have upgraded to 1.6 now, and it works perfectly ! The campaign is awesome and the Huns are... simply crazy Very hard to defeat them.
    they weren't 'the Scourge of God' for nothing
    The map is very nice, and very realistic , altough there are some cityes misplaced
    if I make/rebuild the map will you be willing to give a hand?
    and the mountains/rivers/hills/forrested areas in the area of Bactria , Jaxartes and Turanian depression are totally fantastic and very farr from the reality,
    some of those are meant to stop the AI from wasting their time in those areas
    Congratulation for the beautifull mod, for the large amount of work invested, and for everything ! I hope it will be a 7.0 version preety soon
    thanks, or maybe an IBFD for MTW2
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; 09-15-2006 at 11:49.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

they weren't 'the Scourge of God' for nothing
    It is true... i play on Medium Campaign/Hard Battles whith ERE, it is terribly hard - i dont know if i`ll make it to the end ; many fronts, many , many unrest and alot of hords, enemyes... and i like it alot, it is very realistic.

if I make/rebuild the map will you be willing to give a hand?
    Regarding the situation of Dacia (the names of the towns...), the Persian Empire and the area known as Turkestan, i can offer quite alot of historicall data... there should be some "wonders" added to the Sassanian Empire... the University of Jundi-Shapur worldwide famous in its time... the tomb of Cyrus, those famous mountains bassorieliefs (for example, they could give some minor boost to happines, etc). And more, I knew somebody who knows extremely well the history of the Sassanians, up to the level of linguistics, she can help.

some of those are meant to stop the AI from wasting their time in those areas
    Regarding geography, i think Mundus Magnus depicts most realistically the geography of the respective area... i think taking the configuration of Turkestan from MM would be a good idea (except for the towns, offcourse), it could be tweaked a little bit for the AI... If these are changed, your mod will come very close to perfection.

I do agree to close down whith forests most of the Locus Slavi huge province, anyway, that province does not matter at all in the general economy of the game.
    Dogma nemuririi sufletului îi fãcea curajosi fãrã margini, dispretuitori fatã de orice pericol, poftitori de moarte (apetitus morti) luptãtori cu hotarâre si cu o întreprindere de speriat.
    (Metianus Capella)

I have had a couple CTD's. One came when my Saxons were going to engage in a battle with the Romano-British outside of Cerdices. CTD occurred as we went from strat map to battle screen. Another CTD occurred during turn change from one year to next. Mod was installed on a fresh installation of BI, patched to 1.6. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon Warrior
    I have had a couple CTD's. One came when my Saxons were going to engage in a battle with the Romano-British outside of Cerdices. CTD occurred as we went from strat map to battle screen. Another CTD occurred during turn change from one year to next. Mod was installed on a fresh installation of BI, patched to 1.6. Any help would be appreciated.
    can u patch the game to 6.03? if the CTD during year change still occurs this may bue to the evil twin phenomenon being delved in detail by Hans Kloss here
    seems like these characters if u don't give them girls they go crazy and do crazy things to the game including CTD , seriously it's something like that: named characters in game w/out wives sprout a twin character that does not actually exist. they are dangerous and cause CTD when adopted (but this has been fixed as they are in parallel family trees) but also dangerous when they are bribed.

Hans Kloss is busy giving wives to these people , so if th CTD continues, wait a bit for a modified descr_strat, but ud have to restart ur campaign.
    Regarding the situation of Dacia (the names of the towns...), the Persian Empire and the area known as Turkestan, i can offer quite alot of historicall data...
    thanks, might call on ur help soon
    there should be some "wonders" added to the Sassanian Empire... the University of Jundi-Shapur worldwide famous in its time... the tomb of Cyrus, those famous mountains bassorieliefs (for example, they could give some minor boost to happines, etc). And more, I knew somebody who knows extremely well the history of the Sassanians, up to the level of linguistics, she can help.
    these would be very welcome, indeed.
    Regarding geography, i think Mundus Magnus depicts most realistically the geography of the respective area... i think taking the configuration of Turkestan from MM would be a good idea (except for the towns, offcourse), it could be tweaked a little bit for the AI... If these are changed, your mod will come very close to perfection.
    thanks for the suggestion, what I don't like about MM (though I admire the dedication to have built it) is the over the top number of regions. it DOES become siege total war
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

I cant get any of the download mirrors for the quick fix to work. Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem? Stunning mod by the way Ramon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin of Jerusalem
    I cant get any of the download mirrors for the quick fix to work. Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem? Stunning mod by the way Ramon.
    u might have been trying to DL when I was uploading them
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Hmmm, Im still not having any luck. I cant get my machine to access the mirrors. It freezes and then kicks me offline.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I just got the 6.04 patch from Rapidshare (a source I often have trouble with but it was fine here).

wow this mod looks interesting.
    ill give a download!

Exclamation Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

In less than an hour, I have discoverd several mistakes on this mod that are fairly obvious. None are game breaking, but most are rather annoying.

Don' take this as an offense, I am trying to help

1. There are some odd graphical glitches on the east coast of the Caspian sea, as well as on the dead sea.

2. the Berbers (and the other eastern faction too) have a unit named incorrectly, called A rab Ch eiftan (with those spaces included)

3. upon going into the main campaign selection screen, I noticed that none of the factions with the word 'the' in their name were capitalized. That is, it was 'the Picts' and not 'The Picts' Though this is really very minor, I discovered later, upon entering the main campaign screen again, that 'the Picts' had become 'The Picts' for no apparent reason. Also, the Roman empires had changed from something along the lines of Imperium Roma Orientalis (and Occedentalis) to simply Roman East and Roman West, also, the Berbers had mysteriously changed their name to Berbers Mairya ( or something like that) It seems that the main campaign screen is changing somehow! This is not just a fluke, as I tested several times.

4. one time, upon entering the main campaign screen, the Eastern and Western Roman rebels were playable factions, but have since disappeared.

Also, and this is just a suggestion, I think you should clean up the new game intro, as it has the fraps.com logo in the corner, and is prone to lag
    Last edited by wkndwrrr; 09-17-2006 at 04:43.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman
    Meh. If I had a guess it sounds like expansion pack material. Code a new religion just like they did in BI, add some new units, and expand the timeframe. Then put a "Protestant Invasion" sticker on it and ship it off.

Quote Originally Posted by wkndwrrr
    Don' take this as an offense, I am trying to help
    thanks for the help and pointing out the errors
    1. There are some odd graphical glitches on the east coast of the Caspian sea, as well as on the dead sea.
    unfortunately I am not a mapper and unless 'the celt' does something about that that is not at the top of my list of fixes. for two reasons 1) it is only a graphical glitch and I am more concerned w/ problems that disturb gameplay or cause crashes 2) as mentioned I am not a mapper and have no idea how to fix that myself.
    2. the Berbers (and the other eastern faction too) have a unit named incorrectly, called A rab Ch eiftan (with those spaces included)
    thanx for this, am not sure why but export_units is very prone to this: strange characters just suddenly crop up sometimes description just disappears, I would fix one description and in the next version another problem comes up?! ...or is it my editing program?
    3. upon going into the main campaign selection screen, I noticed that none of the factions with the word 'the' in their name were capitalized. That is, it was 'the Picts' and not 'The Picts' Though this is really very minor, I discovered later, upon entering the main campaign screen again, that 'the Picts' had become 'The Picts' for no apparent reason.
    there are grammatical rules in the capitalization of an article (the/a/an) in the English language. At the beginning of a sentence/ at the beginning of a title (as in this case), it is always capitalized thus "The Picts", else it should be lower case.
    Also, the Roman empires had changed from something along the lines of Imperium Roma Orientalis (and Occedentalis) to simply Roman East and Roman West
    this is the opposite, in the selection screen it is simply 'Empire East/Empire West' else it is 'Imperium Romanum Orientalis/Occidentalis' very simple reason: in the selection screen 'Imperium Romanum Orientalis/Occidentalis' is too long and overwrites itself

, also, the Berbers had mysteriously changed their name to Berbers Mairya ( or something like that)
    I was concerned that the change of name from Berbers to Mauri would cause confusion, In the selection screen, I am trying to make it clear that the Mauri is just one of the tribes of the Berbers - themselves never having really been a unified people, in the game itself I simply use the term 'Mauri'
    4. one time, upon entering the main campaign screen, the Eastern and Western Roman rebels were playable factions, but have since disappeared.
    ? there are no Eastern Roman Rebels in IBFD6. and the WRR ARE playable
    Also, and this is just a suggestion, I think you should clean up the new game intro, as it has the fraps.com logo in the corner, and is prone to lag
    although I have heard that it is possible to grab movies using in game movie cam I have no idea how to do this, the lag is coz I only have a 128MB card. movie also takes so much time, for something absolutely unnecessary.I am also not willing to purchase fraps just to remove that banner on top

@Baldwin of Jerusalem, still have problem DLing the quickfix?
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; 09-17-2006 at 09:11.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Hi Ramon, thanks for your interest. Yeah, I still cant get to the mirrors, although I think its more likely an error with my machine than anything else. My browser wont seem to access the links. I wonder if I could go to the hosts manually. I tried visiting filefront and finding IBFD but all I could find was Europa Barbarorum.

there is a filefront mirror for quickfix605, oh wai I havent posed it here yet, wil do in a bit
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I'm a little curious about the unit sizes. I just started a WRE campaign on the large unit settings and was surprised to notice the two big general-less armies near Venice have 91 man units of Sarmatian noble cavalry with the rather cheap upkeep of 180. By contrast, the Foederati noble cav have small units (24 man?) with a high price tag (upkeep 300-400).

Digging around in the EDU file, it seems the Sarmatians have 45 man units while many other cav is 25. The Huns go up to 50. To what extent is this intended? The Sarmatian noble cavalry unit seems just too good a buy for the WRE.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    I'm a little curious about the unit sizes. I just started a WRE campaign on the large unit settings and was surprised to notice the two big general-less armies near Venice have 91 man units of Sarmatian noble cavalry with the rather cheap upkeep of 180. By contrast, the Foederati noble cav have small units (24 man?) with a high price tag (upkeep 300-400).

Digging around in the EDU file, it seems the Sarmatians have 45 man units while many other cav is 25. The Huns go up to 50. To what extent is this intended? The Sarmatian noble cavalry unit seems just too good a buy for the WRE.
    the steppe peoples relied heavily on cavalry. ca. the Sarmatian mercs, it was difficult to balance that, something not too cheap for the Romans yet something not too expensive for the other factions, will look into it again, though
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Senor Ramon Buenos Dias!

I very much enjoy IFBD.

Thanks for it!

I have encountered a CTD: when playing as the Persiarmenians versus another faction, can't remember it, my game crashed.

Please look into this.

Hellas1

I've noticed an odd glitch with the AI while sieging. There is something wrong with the pathfinding for the seige ladder unit. while playing custom battle against the picts in a minor walled city, the siege ladders the AI was using seemed almost to get 'lost'. all the ladders went in different directions, and none even reached the walls. They all just sort of stopped attempting reach the walls to after they got hoplessly messed up.

I would post a screenshot, only my free, but crappy, image editor software does not let me upload the tgas to change them to jpegs, and therefore I can't upload them online.

This may just be an isolated incident, As I have not done many walled-city seiges with this mod yet, so I really don't know.
    Meh. If I had a guess it sounds like expansion pack material. Code a new religion just like they did in BI, add some new units, and expand the timeframe. Then put a "Protestant Invasion" sticker on it and ship it off.

will look into the problems but w/ too little info I can't promise much, re ladders, if this becomes persistent pls inform me again, I really have no idea how those work but will try to find out why
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

There are some CTD`s when playng single player custom battles whith certain factions on certain maps. It loads for a while, then crash ! I found out that the Hepthalites, Slavs and Huns make CTD`s... if you use another faction, no problem ! Also maps such as "Moon River', or "Siera Nevada" are prone to CTD.Interestingly enough, in the campaign i found no CTD as farr even when battling against any possible faction. Battles go very smootly, altough i found that after the first pathces the Sassanid`s power was much, much reduced (interestingly, only if you fight personally, if you autocalck, they win even whith terrible odds).They elephants, howewer, are very, very underpowered.

When i fought some battles against the Hepthalites, in the Merv/Sogdiana area, have discovered many more things outside geographicall acuracy which make necesary the rethinking and remaking of that area... the mountains look very suprarealistic in the battlefield map... like huge towers, pinpointing to the skies, looks a nice landscape for Lorth of the Rings, or Star Wars, etc I think there are some people who knew how to solve the "suprarealistic" mountain problems.

ABout sasanids, and Iranian Civilisation, which should be depicted in a more profound way as i said in earlyer posts, here is a good link for it . Even maps, and city names. Sasanids where a superb civilization , equal in any way to the Byzantine one, and need to be depicted right :

http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/frontpage.htm

It would be good to add the posibility for each culture to build basic christian buildings. Christianity was a religion whith a universal vocation, it was not a religion culture-related like Zoroastrianism, for example.

I think Sassanids and not just should also be able to build christian shrines (if the players would want to do it), there was a strong church of Persia, despite some moments of persecution, in the eve of the Arab Conquest the situation of christians in Iran was very good. The Persarmenians should also be able to build Zoroastrian shrines, despite early conversion to christianity Zoroastrianism remained strong overthere.

About the Romans, they where not tottaly christian. Paganism resisted in Aegean Sea island up until the VIII century AD... Antioch during the times of Justinan was largely pagan... he baned the famous "Maiuma" celebration.Pagan , or "secret pagan" characters should appear randomly both in WRE and ERE.

Regarding the province of Dacia and the sorroundings:

Province of Dacia, kept. Instead of Colonia Dacia, "Ulpia Traiana" would be better.

Instead of "Tibiscus", change province name to "Dacia Inferior" or "Dacia Malvensis", which you think it sounds better, and extend it to cover the also the southern slopes of the Carpathians, to the Danube. Move "Napoca"
    somewhere to the south-west, at equal distance between Carpathians and Danube, and rename it "Romula_Malva", or simply, "Romula".Romula and Ulpia Traiana should be roman culture towns, not barbarian culture ones.

Rename Piroboridava. In this period, Dacians no longer lived in DAVAS. The Davas where destroyed by the romans 3 centuryes ago. When the huns came, the daco-romans retreatead into the Carpathians mountains, they were reduced to peasantry, no role in politics, subjects to the huns as archeology linguistics and historians prove this. Instead of Piroboridava, have something like Campus_Sarmatae , or some sort of combination of this kind.

Some greek names to the ERE charachters would be more than a welcoming addition....Also, in Jerusalem, a wonder such as the "piece of true cross", which can be stollen by an invading army , or recovered, should be awesome if added.

Also, Berber names and units need to be changed. berbers were very, very different from Arabs... Revert names to the ones from the RTW Numidians... Numidians = ancient berbers. Adding to them another town in southernmost Sahara, whith some decent resources, should keep up the balance. They where divided during those times, but yet strong, remember, they where able to resist the Arab invaders for many centuries.

P.S: there is any sort of script which commences when you almost defeat an enemy faction, giving to that faction elite highly upgraded units ? I found this situation many times....
    (Metianus Capella)

Sorry for kind of swamping you lately, but I found something else. The description for the Persarmenian unit 'Armenian Nobles' says they are capable of firing arrows as a secondary ability. When I used them on the battlefield, however, there is no such option. Pressing the alt key (as I would do make elephants switch from charge to long-range) has no effect, and also, on the unit palate, the options to toggle skirmish mode and fire-at-will are both greyed out, as though the unit had no long-range capability. Even odder is that, until the moment the Nobles charge into the enemy, they are equiped with bows, but cannot use them. Once they get into charge range, however, the bows are put up and they take out spears.

EDIT: btw, I just had 3 ctd's IN A ROW in my berber campaign upon clicking on the newly captured city of 'lol Caesarea' (may also be a spelling mistake?)

EDIT II: I know what is causing it. Pushing any of the tabs (recruitment, retrain, rebuild ect.) while reviewing the city mentioned above causes an instant CTD
    Last edited by wkndwrrr; 09-23-2006 at 01:29.

Thumbs up Re: Invasio Barbarorum:flagellum Dei

@Rex_Pelasgorum
    Thank you very mutch for your excellent comments and suggestions about "Sassanians" that is what I believe too.And as you mentioned ,Elephatns are underpowered ,Their numbers are too few to be effective enough.In general ,Many things must be changed or added to sassanids.

@Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia
    Can you please check IBFD discussion thread and reply my post?Thank you.

-Kambiz
    Last edited by kambiz; 09-22-2006 at 22:48.

Forgotten Empire

there is a crash when playing as Franks or looking over their land....
    scratch that now when you look anywhere at Gaul os anywhere close, it crashes.
    this is IBFD after i installed (only) the 0.5 quickfix i also tried reverting to CA Campaign (thing whatever) but the campaign just crashes so i just reverted back to the regular IB ones.
    Last edited by The Spartan (Returns); 09-23-2006 at 19:43.

There are some CTD`s when playng single player custom battles whith certain factions on certain maps. It loads for a while, then crash ! I found out that the Hepthalites, Slavs and Huns make CTD`s... if you use another faction, no problem ! Also maps such as "Moon River', or "Siera Nevada" are prone to CTD.
    I have also noticed CTDs in custom bttles related to map... I was thinking this is related to changed map therefore changed areas
    Interestingly enough, in the campaign i found no CTD as farr even when battling against any possible faction. Battles go very smootly, altough i found that after the first pathces the Sassanid`s power was much, much reduced (interestingly, only if you fight personally, if you autocalck, they win even whith terrible odds).
    underpowered compared to IBFD5 or compared to BI?
    They elephants, howewer, are very, very underpowered.
    most common complaint was that elephants were very, very overpowered. and too many. I did lower the armor too much, though. have to raise that

When i fought some battles against the Hepthalites, in the Merv/Sogdiana area, have discovered many more things outside geographicall acuracy which make necesary the rethinking and remaking of that area... the mountains look very suprarealistic in the battlefield map... like huge towers, pinpointing to the skies, looks a nice landscape for Lorth of the Rings, or Star Wars, etc I think there are some people who knew how to solve the "suprarealistic" mountain problems.
    unfortunately I am no mapper.

ABout sasanids, and Iranian Civilisation, which should be depicted in a more profound way as i said in earlyer posts, here is a good link for it . Even maps, and city names. Sasanids where a superb civilization , equal in any way to the Byzantine one, and need to be depicted right :
    http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/frontpage.htm
    ah, thats what I need proper information

It would be good to add the posibility for each culture to build basic christian buildings. Christianity was a religion whith a universal vocation, it was not a religion culture-related like Zoroastrianism, for example.

I think Sassanids and not just should also be able to build christian shrines (if the players would want to do it), there was a strong church of Persia, despite some moments of persecution, in the eve of the Arab Conquest the situation of christians in Iran was very good. The Persarmenians should also be able to build Zoroastrian shrines, despite early conversion to christianity Zoroastrianism remained strong overthere.
    good idea.

About the Romans, they where not tottaly christian. Paganism resisted in Aegean Sea island up until the VIII century AD... Antioch during the times of Justinan was largely pagan... he baned the famous "Maiuma" celebration.Pagan , or "secret pagan" characters should appear randomly both in WRE and ERE.
    they are not totally Roman, though I put churches in most places, to quell the unrest

Regarding the province of Dacia and the sorroundings:

Province of Dacia, kept. Instead of Colonia Dacia, "Ulpia Traiana" would be better...archeology linguistics and historians prove this. Instead of Piroboridava, have something like Campus_Sarmatae , or some sort of combination of this kind
    . very good info will put it in ASAP

Some greek names to the ERE charachters would be more than a welcoming addition....
    true, but since juve will be working on these for some time will wait until he is finished
    Also, in Jerusalem, a wonder such as the "piece of true cross", which can be stollen by an invading army , or recovered, should be awesome if added.
    a very, very good idea

Also, Berber names and units need to be changed. berbers were very, very different from Arabs... Revert names to the ones from the RTW Numidians... Numidians = ancient berbers.
    another very, very good idea. Actually those berber names are default BI. and the arab units also originally made for berbers. but anyway, they do look more arab and I checked the numidian names and is wonderful idea
    Adding to them another town in southernmost Sahara, whith some decent resources, should keep up the balance. They where divided during those times, but yet strong, remember, they where able to resist the Arab invaders for many centuries.
    I think their ability to horde is the balancing factor, they can then recapture the newly conquered town or move to a new one in force.

P.S: there is any sort of script which commences when you almost defeat an enemy faction, giving to that faction elite highly upgraded units ? I found this situation many times....
    none that I specificaly made, maybe it is CA made?
    Sorry for kind of swamping you lately, but I found something else. The description for the Persarmenian unit 'Armenian Nobles' says they are capable of firing arrows as a secondary ability. When I used them on the battlefield, however, there is no such option. Pressing the alt key (as I would do make elephants switch from charge to long-range) has no effect, and also, on the unit palate, the options to toggle skirmish mode and fire-at-will are both greyed out, as though the unit had no long-range capability. Even odder is that, until the moment the Nobles charge into the enemy, they are equiped with bows, but cannot use them. Once they get into charge range, however, the bows are put up and they take out spears.

EDIT: btw, I just had 3 ctd's IN A ROW in my berber campaign upon clicking on the newly captured city of 'lol Caesarea' (may also be a spelling mistake?)

EDIT II: I know what is causing it. Pushing any of the tabs (recruitment, retrain, rebuild ect.) while reviewing the city mentioned above causes an instant CTD
    the problem is with the character holding that city, we have demoted him to general in latest descr_strat but am waiting for the new ancilliaries before uploading a new quickfix

Thank you very mutch for your excellent comments and suggestions about "Sassanians" that is what I believe too.
    as do I but I also need information so that I know where to go, what to do.
    And as you mentioned ,Elephatns are underpowered ,Their numbers are too few to be effective enough.
    change them back to 9 elephants? I think only the armor needs to be changed
    In general ,Many things must be changed or added to sassanids.
    not just the Sassanids,... believe me.
    @Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia
    Can you please check IBFD discussion thread and reply my post?Thank you.
    made a reply
    there is a crash when playing as Franks or looking over their land....
    scratch that now when you look anywhere at Gaul os anywhere close, it crashes.
    this is IBFD after i installed (only) the 0.5 quickfix i also tried reverting to CA Campaign (thing whatever) but the campaign just crashes so i just reverted back to the regular IB ones.
    after u enabled 'revert to CA strat models' u cannot start the campaign? or nothing changes (still CTD in Gaul)?
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; 09-24-2006 at 02:22.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

once i reverted back to CA strat models, the East Empire didnt start so i switched back.
    however i didnt test other factions so perhaps (but unlikely) that other factions will start with CA strat models.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    once i reverted back to CA strat models, the East Empire didnt start so i switched back.
    however i didnt test other factions so perhaps (but unlikely) that other factions will start with CA strat models.
    sorry for that, but I forgot to include the moors in the 'revert to CA' file, will upload a new one ASAP

EDIT: uploaded the reworked 'revert to CA' files. I posted them in the first post.
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; 09-26-2006 at 00:50.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

underpowered compared to IBFD5 or compared to BI?
    Underpowered in IBDF 6.5 compared to 6.0

Otherwise, I strongly think this mode deserves a separate forum on the Org, in the "hosted mods" section...For writing guides, campaign stories, asking more specific questions, etc. The admins should seriously think about this....
    (Metianus Capella)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast