Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gnish! Gnash! Gni!

Default Re: Gnish! Gnash! Gni!

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Girl
    make people use h0 muskets.
    If players aren't using H0 muskets, they are going to be at a disadvantage in the melee units against someone who does. Take all of your ranged units at H0 and nurse them so that you can have the maximum power in the melee units.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasturak
    Do we not still have the 1.03 stat set available, Yuuki? As I recall you put a lot into that to 'correct' these issues.
    The v1.03 is available, but it never did replace v1.02 as the STW/MI standard. It has slightly weaker guns with longer reload and less melee, longer combat resolution, higher morale monks and cav with more of its power shifted to the charge value. It's not ideal. I'd rather play something closer to original STW.

It is possible to set up STW/MI with a stat that's the same as original STW. If you didn't use weapon and armor upgrades and played at 5000 or 6000 koku, it would play the same as original STW except the maps can be larger and the monks cost is raised from 500 to 550 koku, the arq from 100 to 150? koku and the musket from 175 to 250 koku. I think converting the arq to the musket, and the musket to musket 1.5x would work ok. We did that in STWmod for MTW/VI. You also might consider lowering the ammo of the musket from the original 40 down to 20 or even 15 so that conservation of ammo becomes a factor.

The naginata cav, battlefield ninja and kensai could be eliminated or an attempt made to integrate them into the Sengoku units. I haven't been fully sucessful in doing that with the battlefield ninja and kensai in STWmod for MTW/VI, but the naginata cav is no problem.

The thing is STW/MI v1.02 is going to seem fine for returning players for a while, but eventually the problems with it that caused players to quit will become apparent. There was a mass exodus of players when the game moved from STW to STW/MI, and v1.02 didn't bring them back.
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 03-27-2006 at 16:38.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puzz3D
    ... Krypta, Mitch, CBR and I patterned STWmod for MTW/VI v2.01 after original STW v1.12. It's uses a graphic conversion for the units made by barocca. We started with the STW v1.12 stat, and made adjustments ...
    I tried this mod a bit on SP and found it was fun.

Still, the units' behaviour was a little bit off from my expectations in the way they moved and fought, leaving me hungry for 'real' Shoggy.

Not to say you guys didn't do a great job -- you did.

I'd like to try that on MP mode one day, too.

I'm here.
    Wooooo!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12