Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Campaign

Talking Best Campaign

Lookin for new ideas and strategies. Post a screenshot of your best, favorite, worst or any campaign you got.
    Last edited by Telys; 04-23-2006 at 09:24.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Default Re: Best Campaign

DL'ed my first mod today (RTR 6 Gold) and I've got to say the Roman campaign is awesome. A bit too easy though.. on hard I'm winning while fighting the Gauls, Carthaginians and Illyria at the same time.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius
    DL'ed my first mod today (RTR 6 Gold) and I've got to say the Roman campaign is awesome. A bit too easy though.. on hard I'm winning while fighting the Gauls, Carthaginians and Illyria at the same time.
    I tried downloading RTR the other day and whenever I tried to play the water would always turn black on the campaign map after a little while. Anyway, yea the game really isnt very challenging on hard, the only thing i find to be slightly difficult was rebel armies attacking my cities over and over again, which really, for me, didnt add difficulty but preoccupation to the game.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

I found a way past that. When it goes black, press esc and adjust your effects detail in the video options. It loads a short bit and it's fine again.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Awesome, I'll give it a try.

I just figured out the whole screenshot thing, I think, so here's my latest campaign.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Wow, you have an army in Britain already! And the Gauls actually took Ebaracum and Londinium!!

That's new..

What difficulty are you playing?

No, the gauls never took britain, i gave it to them immediately after i took it, once i was sure britannia would not become my protectorate.

instead of taking lands and holding them i like to gain a protectorate and give all my acquired lands to them, because they still count asy settlements and, i feel, it makes a lot easier to manage your army.

Good move. Its a big commitment sending your amry all the way round, though.

And Gaul will stab you in the back later. Its almost hard-coded.

I've never had problems with protectorates going back on their word except when i make a demand of them. Anyway, where are the screenshots.

oh, and usually the game ends beofre they have a chance to fully recover from when i attacked them in the beginning, but i did notice in this campaign they've built their forces up pretty quick. I think they have like 3 full armies and its been probably 4-5 years since they have surrendered. I had a campaign earlier that i had to delete where i had germania, britannia, spain, macedon, and carthage as protectorates, carthage was the last faction i subdued then i became imperator, and i only physically owned 14 settlements. probably the most interesting campaign i've had.

Patience!

My Julii campaign. Trying to conquer the world. So far, have just taken Campus Scythii from the Brutii. I'll give them a break now, and they'll give me a buffer zone from the Armenians.

I am now focusing my efforts on Africa. My faction leader is taking the rest of North Africa before I retire him at Dimmidi. Then I'll push on towards the Ptolemics. Im looking at a three-pronged strategy, but first I must have Rhodes.

Its been fun so far. Never gone this far into RTW, though.

Can't believe it. Ive just had two uber-General's assassinated at Campus Scythii, on successive turns!! Arrghh!

Nice campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Garvanko
    Can't believe it. Ive just had two uber-General's assassinated at Campus Scythii, on successive turns!! Arrghh!
    do you keep any spies or assassins in your settlements. a spy will usally spot the assassin before they complete their mission and if they dont the assassin will, most of the time, stop the assassination.

I had an assassin there, but he was rubbish. So after the first General got sliced, I started training three spies (strength in numbers, et al), but the second one got killed on the next turn. Unbelievable.

I think Im safe for now, as the Governor now has a Counter-Spy trait. Im also fighting back with my spies and assassins, though I had to learn the hard way. I really needed those two other General's for my impending war on Egypt. They were both under 40. The Gods know best, I suppose.

I now have 3 protectorates in my current campaign. Dacia surrendered before i even attacked them. I was gonna try and annex numidia but the scipii beat me to the punch. i think im gonna go after macedon now, they have good amount of settlements and if i do gain them as a protectorate the brutii will be completely surrounded by my allies and will have no where to expand.

What difficulty rating are you playing, Telys? Three protectorates? I haven't had one in months!

My Julii campaign is entering the final major phase - The invasion of Egypt.

As you can see I have simultaneously attacked with eight major armies, three of them commanded by General's. Ive just taken Nicomedia at the top. Starting to have problems with public order at Bylazora and Thessalonica, so Im shifting my givernors around a bit at the moment.

i usually play on medium because rebel armies annoy the hell at of me on hard and very hard, everytime i kill one another pops up and attacks a city, very annoying and time consuming.

macedon gave up
    [IMG][/IMG]
    the mighty manius
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Garvanko
    What difficulty rating are you playing, Telys? Three protectorates? I haven't had one in months!

My Julii campaign is entering the final major phase - The invasion of Egypt.

As you can see I have simultaneously attacked with eight major armies, three of them commanded by General's. Ive just taken Nicomedia at the top. Starting to have problems with public order at Bylazora and Thessalonica, so Im shifting my givernors around a bit at the moment.
    All out assault on asia minor, nice. the best generals to counteract rioting are ones with the most influence, even if they cant managing skill at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Telys The Conqueror
    macedon gave up
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Impressive. 154k profit from 4 protectorates.

I play Hard/Hard.. Rebels don't seem to cause much of a problem. They even asked me for a cease-fire once.

I had reinstall rtw so im just trying to beat the game real quick to unlock the other factions. now that i think of it ive tried olaying game hard like once or twice and(i felt) there wasnt to big of a difference so just i went back to medium. damnit, me and you are the only ones posting are campaigns.

I had reinstall rtw so im just trying to beat the game real quick to unlock the other factions. now that i think of it ive tried olaying game hard like once or twice and(i felt) there wasnt to big of a difference so just i went back to medium. damnit, me and you are the only ones posting are campaigns.
    olaying=playing
    i keep makin mistakes in my threads and posting them before i look at them so bare with me.

I had reinstall rtw so im just trying to beat the game real quick to unlock the other factions. .
    You can unlock them by editing the descr_stat file in the RTW/Data/world/maps/campaign/Imperial campaign folder..

Taking Pergamum.

A great shot of the final engagement at the City square, as reinforcements march in.

As one would expect, it takes a while to take a Huge city with epic walls, even when poorly defended.
    Last edited by Garvanko; 03-24-2006 at 19:02.

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

The best campaign should be celebrated.

Troops dont fight hand to hand until they have to. Missiles all used prior to the melee with the gallant Macedonian defenders.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

[QUOTE=Garvanko]You can unlock them by editing the descr_stat file in the RTW/Data/world/maps/campaign/Imperial campaign folder..QUOTE]
    yea i know, i just felt like unlocking the factions the old fashion way.

Severous, thats a mighty small army with only two infantry units, one of them being town watch, nice job.

I totally just must up that quote. Hey severous put up a shot of your campaign if you could. Im tryin to see what other people do in their campaigns, I must say it's not working to good so far, only garvanko has posted one so far, which was a pretty good looking campaign if i say so myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Severous

Troops dont fight hand to hand until they have to. Missiles all used prior to the melee with the gallant Macedonian defenders.
    Well considering you only had town watch and a unit of hastati, you didn't have much choice! What was the enemy's strength like?

Need to see some more screenshots, people!

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Hi Telys

Heres my campaign.

RTW V1.5 No Mods. Difficulty H/H Large unit scale (Peasant=120men)

Its my second ever campaign and I am Brutii as you can see. (First campaign was as Julii.)

My overall aim is to capture lands and fight enemies I havnt fought before. To this end the strategic plan is to strike north into Russia, sweep east capturing all the top right corner of the known world. Then south through Perthia. Pontus should then fall from attacks from east and west as Turkey is captured. This should bring two powerful Brutii armies together to take on the factions in the middle east. Maybe even a sweep down into the Egyptian corner and then across Africa in order to bring Brutii main armies closer to Rome for the final showdown.

At the point in the screenshot:
    Ive captured as far west as I want to go. Ive got to figure how to contain Gaul and Germany so I can concentrate on my main plan in the north and east.

Ive avoided attacking Gaul. They attacked Salona a while back and I crushed that. For peace my diplomat negotiated one of the Gaul regions as payment to me. I inherited a big peasant garrison. I next had fun fighting some local rebels with just peasants and town watch.

Neutral with Gaul and Germany (who are allied to each other). I dont want to attack them and sully my good reputation. Im offering tempting targets so they attack me. I want the gaul out of my lands and hope they will go without a fight or be smashed if they attack me. Then will work out how to place two forts in the eastern Alps to stop Gaul incursions. With garrison troops in Segestica and that town further north I then plan to reduce military forces here in my 'west'.

Elsewhere:
    - Forces beseige the Sythian captial. Expect a big battle over turn end as the Sythian faction leader and a 60% stack come to relieve the their capital. Will be my first big fight with lots of Sythian forces.
    -A few rebels to mop up in my northern lands. Will deal with them as three armies march north into Russia where I believe I will find only rebels.
    -Naval forces to establish control over the Black Sea. They control the waters near my lands.
    - Fortify island captures of Rhodes and Crete.
    - Need to grow my cash. Didnt expect to be poor as Brutti. Only built 6 units this turn..my lowest number for years.
    - Continue diplomat charm.
    .....-Just spent 35k on a Gaul Leader Bribe
    .....-Just spent 13k to disband a Pontus army besiging a Selicud city.
    .....-Diplomats to preserve a balance of power in the east

As for the earlier image, with the soldiers celebrating, that was the fall of Bylazora and elimination of the Macedon faction. 471 Brutii Vs. 517 Macedon with odds of 2:1 in my favour. Macedon had 5 Militia Hoplites and two light lancers plus general. Tactical use of all missiles meant I lost just 52 Romans to those spears. I spared the city so it would be a trading destination for the slaves resource from the neighbouring states.
    Last edited by Severous; 03-25-2006 at 01:22.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

This is an older pic from my current game as Spain:

I'm about 15 years further now. I eventually lost Patavium but I have conquered all of Britain and Sicily and am quickly slicing up the Germans. I also have Tarentum, Croton, and Thapsus. The Julii only have one settlement left, but the Brutii are still sending tons of armies into northern Italy. The scipii have Capua and two cities in Africa.

Strangely, in the east, Pontus has become the superpower. Egypt only has Salamis and Cyrene left, so I've been helping them with money. I plan on taking Kydonia and Rhodes and giving them to Egypt.

I'll try to get some more, newer pics up soon.

That looks like a fantastic campaign, Neco. Ive always liked Spain largely for their temple bonuses and good infantry selection. You've gone further than I ever had though.

Looking forward to seeing the latest screenshots.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast