Thread: Government Complex Error

Default Government Complex Error

So, I loaded up EB and started playing when I noticed my government complex at Segestica was damaged. At first I thought it was simply rioting and that I had missed the popup for it, but after repairing it, I noticed several more cities had damaged complexes. I have uploaded the save game so you can see. It was replicated when I quit the game and restarted it.

http://abou.heliologue.com/uploads/complexerr.sav

Edit: Ah shoot, wrong area. Could a mod move this to the correct area?
    Last edited by abou; 03-26-2006 at 20:06.

Default Re: Government Complex Error

This has happened with some folks, but it was either an error in their downloads initially, or (i think this will be it) it was that they hadn't deleted the map.rwm file in their imperial_campaign folder. Maybe you have just installed the patch but didn't delete that file? It could have been something else, but I think in all cases this was fixed by doing something like this.

Well, I renamed the map.rwm file and restarted; then I repaired all my buildings and continued playing. When I quit the game to go grab dinner and later came back, the same issue happened with all my complexes damaged.

Mabye someone else can post here. I know we've seen it before, and it does have something to do with scripts (they are the things damaging those buildings), but I can't remember what it was exactly.

I had this a long time ago, way before this recent patch probably some time in january. I don't remember how it happened, i was just playing and saw that a building needed to be repaired in one of my cities that had never been attacked/rioted, then i noticed another and had to go through every building i own repairing the govetnment building. It has never happened since then, just a one off, and i didn't change any data files after it happened, it just didn't happen again...

I had this problem too, just that it was about 50+ years into the game. Then it suddenly happened one reload, and after repairing everything it never replicated itself again. weird. And i'm positive I deleted my old map.rwm during the installation of EB.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Moved to the appropriate subforum for better visibility.
    Cogita tute

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

I had the same thing happen only recently in a Qarthadast campaign. I load the game, and find out every single governement building I own except Level 1 ones are in the red.

It's probably a map.rwm thing, as I had just taken a look at the Getai starting situation and loaded the Qarth save straight away.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    I had the same thing happen only recently in a Qarthadast campaign. I load the game, and find out every single governement building I own except Level 1 ones are in the red.

It's probably a map.rwm thing, as I had just taken a look at the Getai starting situation and loaded the Qarth save straight away.

same thing to me
    i would say Watchman is right.
    it occurs after starting another faction´s campaign and then loading the previous faction savegames.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAngelDD
    same thing to me
    i would say Watchman is right.
    it occurs after starting another faction´s campaign and then loading the previous faction savegames.
    just bumping this to confirm the same thing happened in my game.

i started a casse campaign just to look at the faction buildings out of curiosity, then without exiting the current campaign i re-loaded my aedui campaign and almost all my buildings (which i built myself) where damaged. even when i quit the game, restarted the computer and loaded again the buildings where still damaged.

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Have you started the script twice in the same session of the game? You shouldn't do that, AFAIK.
    I'm still not here

Quote Originally Posted by eadingas
    Have you started the script twice in the same session of the game? You shouldn't do that, AFAIK.
    youre right dude. im just bumping this to add what i've found happens, and another bug related to vanilla rtw not everyone knows about-

if you start a campaign with faction 'A', activate the script then quit to the main menu and reload a previous save game of a faction other than faction 'A', your government buildings will be damaged as soon as you activate the script again.

you get this problem irrespective of whether you load the old campaign while in the main menu after quitting or if you do it while still in the new campaign.

however this also happens with the pre-game settings you select, to a lesser extent. for example if you start a campaign on VH/VH with th option to allow the player to manage all their settlements to 'off', then you directly re-load a previous save game while still on the campaign map, you will 'inherit' the settings to your new game. so if you had manage all settlements 'on' in your loaded game and the one you just loaded from was 'off' you wont be able to manage your settlements until you quit the game and load it up again. im not sure if the difficulty settings carry over as well.

you can get around the government damage by starting a new campaign with the same faction as the one youre going to load, and activate the script. then quit to the menu and re-load your save game, activate the script and it will work fine.

of course you could always just quit the game altogether and restart the program.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dram
    youre right dude. im just bumping this to add what i've found happens, and another bug related to vanilla rtw not everyone knows about-

if you start a campaign with faction 'A', activate the script then quit to the main menu and reload a previous save game of a faction other than faction 'A', your government buildings will be damaged as soon as you activate the script again.

you get this problem irrespective of whether you load the old campaign while in the main menu after quitting or if you do it while still in the new campaign.

however this also happens with the pre-game settings you select, to a lesser extent. for example if you start a campaign on VH/VH with th option to allow the player to manage all their settlements to 'off', then you directly re-load a previous save game while still on the campaign map, you will 'inherit' the settings to your new game. so if you had manage all settlements 'on' in your loaded game and the one you just loaded from was 'off' you wont be able to manage your settlements until you quit the game and load it up again. im not sure if the difficulty settings carry over as well.

you can get around the government damage by starting a new campaign with the same faction as the one youre going to load, and activate the script. then quit to the menu and re-load your save game, activate the script and it will work fine.

of course you could always just quit the game altogether and restart the program.
    I passed this through our scripters and they confirmed that it's a hardcoded problem in which the old script is retained in memory. Thus the only solution is a complete retart (from the desktop) of RTW anytime you want to play a different faction.

Thanks for your informative post, Dram. I've incorporated some of your language in the new FAQ listing that discusses this problem. I'll add that the entire EB Team is grateful that informed players such as yourself take the time to share your knowledge and help those who post here.
    Last edited by Kull; 11-22-2006 at 16:38.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Based on what I experienced, I think there's something to add:

1) After a time of playing with script activated (wheter I repair or not) my Government buildings get 100% damaged.
    2) This only happens with Government buildings either builded or repaired by me, thus only in conquered settlements or settlements that have rioted.
    3) This problem is AFAIK not related to quitting a campaign and starting a new one in the same RTW session, as this happens (well, that's what I experienced) irrespective of the number of times the EBBS script is activated.
    4) Whenever I switch to a new/other campaign and reactivate the script, nothing special happened.
    5) If the faction of which the settlements, in which those Government buildings get damaged, have been taken is destroyed, the time between the first and the second round of damaged Governments seems to increase, so maybe it also has something to do with enemy spies entering the settlements.
    6) The experience mentioned above, isn't due to a loss of public order, so any spy involved has very limitted effect. This means, that it's maybe some (flawed) conditional involved, rather than actual in game reality. This conditional is either part of the script, or of the source code.

Of course, I can be a rather strange exception, who knows...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    3) This problem is AFAIK not related to quitting a campaign and starting a new one in the same RTW session, as this happens (well, that's what I experienced) irrespective of the number of times the EBBS script is activated.
    :
    do this-

start a game with the casse. activate the script.

load a save game with a faction other than the casse that it is at least a few turns into the game.

look at your government buildings, then activate the script and look at them again.

trust me, it causes them to get damaged.

i wouldent of posted that information without testing it repeatedly.

edit- i may of misunderstood your post. i read it as inferring that my version of the problem was incorrect. i just re-read it and now i understand that you mean its just in the case of the particular instance youre getting it in.

sorry if my reply came across as being curtly.
    Last edited by Dram; 11-24-2006 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Dram
    sorry if my reply came across as being curtly.
    Not really.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.