Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edyz MapMod

Default Re: Edyz MapMod

Removing the landbridge between italy and sicily would be kind of nice. Playing as Carthage I want to keep my stronghold in sicily,and even dominate the island, but I want to let Rome grow to its utmost potential before I face off with them, instead of messana being taken forces war. Now, if they can figure out how to navally invade sicily, then its all theirs. Maybe the one between all the islands? I've seen the AI act when you remove the asia minor/europe land bridge, they just mill around. I imagine if your remove the nile landbridge, africa would move towards a more isolated, conquer carthage/egypt situation. I can't think of any other notable land bridges at the moment.

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orwell
    I imagine if your remove the nile landbridge, africa would move towards a more isolated, conquer carthage/egypt situation. I can't think of any other notable land bridges at the moment.
    No you can't take away access to my old pal ptolemaioi!

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Removing the landbridge between italy and sicily would be kind of nice. Playing as Carthage I want to keep my stronghold in sicily,and even dominate the island, but I want to let Rome grow to its utmost potential before I face off with them, instead of messana being taken forces war. Now, if they can figure out how to navally invade sicily, then its all theirs. Maybe the one between all the islands? I've seen the AI act when you remove the asia minor/europe land bridge, they just mill around. I imagine if your remove the nile landbridge, africa would move towards a more isolated, conquer carthage/egypt situation. I can't think of any other notable land bridges at the moment.
    Hmmm, removing the landbridge between Italy and Sicily wouldn't be a bright idea, since it would take away the war between Qarthadast and Romani.

What do you mean with the Nile landbridge? The one which leads to Hierosolyma and Petra?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Er, isn't there one just west of Alexandreia? Unfortunately I don't have access to .74, I'll have to check elsewhere.

It would destroy the Punic war, I was just hoping to have it as an optional add-on so that I can engage in a Punic war at my leisure as carthage. I'd rather war against the legions instead of the triarii.

As far as denying access to ptolemaioi, that was more a... monologue on what it would cause. I suppose if asking for this modification for .8 would be too much to ask, I'll look into it myself.

Er, isn't there one just west of Alexandreia? Unfortunately I don't have access to .74, I'll have to check elsewhere.

It would destroy the Punic war, I was just hoping to have it as an optional add-on so that I can engage in a Punic war at my leisure as carthage. I'd rather war against the legions instead of the triarii.

As far as denying access to ptolemaioi, that was more a... monologue on what it would cause. I suppose if asking for this modification for .8 would be too much to ask, I'll look into it myself.
    The guys will have my head if I do things on my own without telling.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hey.

Great mini mod Ed, thanks alot!

One question though... The RAR file you have listed contains two EDB files (one in the main directory the other in sprites directory).

I was wondering which one is the correct one and why is there two files?

Cheers

Mega

"Break in the Sun, till the Sun breaks down"

That is from Bonny's Sprite Pack, which includes a fix of a Hayasdan sprite. The one from the main directory is the good one.

Proud

Been to:

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

one question...how many regions does this map currently has???
    i was planning on making an alteration to iberia..cuz some o of the current cities in this region are not the most important cities of the time....i was planning on adding two more provinces there, by dividing some of the already existing ones.....like Scallabis and Olissipo that were at the time quite important, and Bracara Augusta to the North...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by iberus_generalis
    one question...how many regions does this map currently has???
    i was planning on making an alteration to iberia..cuz some o of the current cities in this region are not the most important cities of the time....i was planning on adding two more provinces there, by dividing some of the already existing ones.....like Scallabis and Olissipo that were at the time quite important, and Bracara Augusta to the North...
    We are at the maximum allowed, 199 provinces.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

damn...i was afraid of this....
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

You can do any changes you like to the EB map, but you need permission I think before you can release it to the public.

Proud

Been to:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12