Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh dear god

BHCWarman88

Unhappy oh dear god

Hey,

someone plz tell me,that they did not re-ban Chat. Please someone tell me that they didn't,cuz I hear no chat on RTW and I be on for 15 minutes and I relogged twice..

Default Re: oh dear god

I can't go to RTW now, but... if so... that sucks...

Oh well... I hardly chat anyways, other than in game.

BHCWarman88

yup.... Happy days are here again....

Yea chat is down

-We do the impossible every day, miracles take a bit longer- Air Force Motto

Ogh.. Not again !!!
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Private chat and game setup chat still work. They shut down the public chat, however.

BHCWarman88

Yep X-Danger, my Title saids it all

ah god.... what going to go on now, no chat for 2 or 3 or 4 more months?? Like this is going to help MP...

Warman, one can still play online. I don't think you have to overreact that much... As I've mentioned, private chat and game setup chat still works. So, no worries.

I must admit that all of this stems from the rather poor design of the RTW lobby. In MTW, one can only have one name attached to their CD-Key. In RTW, there is none of that. Spammers keep relogging in and continously spam until they get bored or something. It's rather tiresome to continously block someone every 5 minutes... Plus, there are Nazi spammers and plenty of impersonators. Also, in some team games, players grief their teammates by purchasing totally useless units like flaming pigs, wardogs, or peasants. The RTW multiplayer experience is totally unenjoyable, the player community filled with idiots and dolts who spam, Nazi-spam, and grief within its ranks, and unbalanced units. Almost everyone who plays as a Roman uses Praetorian Cavalry only. Players who play as a Greek use armored and spartan hoplites a lot. It's almost like the same thing every single time you play...

Had the RTW lobby been designed more like the MTW lobby, the multiplayer community might even be much more mature than it is now, and become a much more enjoyable environment to play in. But due to its nature, RTW multiplayer will always be a rocky experience no matter what. CA simply regards the multiplayer problems as problems that you can leave and hope that it'll fix itself.

Ah well...

The one upside is that now I don't have to listen to imature rubbish spoken by a majority of the lobby when I want to play a game.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

BHCWarman88

Angry Re: oh dear god

Quote Originally Posted by Manstein
    Warman, one can still play online. I don't think you have to overreact that much... As I've mentioned, private chat and game setup chat still works. So, no worries.

I must admit that all of this stems from the rather poor design of the RTW lobby. In MTW, one can only have one name attached to their CD-Key. In RTW, there is none of that. Spammers keep relogging in and continously spam until they get bored or something. It's rather tiresome to continously block someone every 5 minutes... Plus, there are Nazi spammers and plenty of impersonators. Also, in some team games, players grief their teammates by purchasing totally useless units like flaming pigs, wardogs, or peasants. The RTW multiplayer experience is totally unenjoyable, the player community filled with idiots and dolts who spam, Nazi-spam, and grief within its ranks, and unbalanced units. Almost everyone who plays as a Roman uses Praetorian Cavalry only. Players who play as a Greek use armored and spartan hoplites a lot. It's almost like the same thing every single time you play...

Had the RTW lobby been designed more like the MTW lobby, the multiplayer community might even be much more mature than it is now, and become a much more enjoyable environment to play in. But due to its nature, RTW multiplayer will always be a rocky experience no matter what. CA simply regards the multiplayer problems as problems that you can leave and hope that it'll fix itself.

Ah well...

I actually like Playing Online. the Only Un-Enioyable thing is when,extacly,when these guys (can't say noobs cuz my clan members do it) they get 15 spartians,4 Cretans and 1 Flaming Pig for battling my eles or something, the Ele and pigs,I don't care, it just that when they use those Dang Spartians,I hate that.

MTW was So much Better then this,if I didn't likesomeone,blocked and there you go..

but CA doesn't want to step it, ban chat for 3 months and hope it fixed up when it un ban,they too worry about SP then MP so........

Quote Originally Posted by BHCWarman88
    I actually like Playing Online. the Only Un-Enioyable thing is when,extacly,when these guys (can't say noobs cuz my clan members do it) they get 15 spartians,4 Cretans and 1 Flaming Pig for battling my eles or something, the Ele and pigs,I don't care, it just that when they use those Dang Spartians,I hate that.

MTW was So much Better then this,if I didn't likesomeone,blocked and there you go..

but CA doesn't want to step it, ban chat for 3 months and hope it fixed up when it un ban,they too worry about SP then MP so........

You can just massacre them with artillery, that will teach em

-We do the impossible every day, miracles take a bit longer- Air Force Motto

BHCWarman88

Tha can work too :-) :-)

Well at least we don't have to listen to people talking absoloute b****cks in the lobbys...

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Well at least we don't have to listen to people talking absoloute b****cks in the lobbys...
    I thought you haven't been online Taurus.

Seriously though, chat being banned again is annoying yes, especially as CA don't seem bothered to actually communicate with us. It doesn't effect me too greatly, as I don't tend to chat much in friendly (since it's often full of people spamming the chat, or just insulting others), so on the other hand maybe it's not too bad.
    Last edited by NihilisticCow; 04-27-2006 at 10:57.

It is bad. If you really don't want to read all the 'crap' being said in the lobbies, you simply don't! That's no upside if you ask me. It is a downside in all ways (IMO).
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

BHCWarman88

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus
    The one upside is that now I don't have to listen to imature rubbish spoken by a majority of the lobby when I want to play a game.

eaxtalcy Tib,I think we all agree on that..

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

You could always play low money battles, say 12.5 K

That makes it impossible to field uber armies.

But I take it you know that, just thought I'd say it anyway...

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

The only negative affect of the chat ban is the fact that the morale of the community has been significantly decreased. No one feels like playing anymore, it seems. Otherwise, I think that the chat ban is very much positive, although there was no communication by CA...

BHCWarman88

Manstien, CA doesn't Care,I love to Tell CA more of what I think of them,they care more about SP,you notice that??
    if they get alot of reports (I had to send them a few reports of Imposters) they jsut Ban chat for 3 months,and hten Un-Ban it and leave it go.and make a excuse of "we too busy with MTW 2" that's bull

Aslo, I don't do 12.5K games. I go no Lower then 15K unless it a CWB or CWC Match..

Manstien, CA doesn't Care,I love to Tell CA more of what I think of them,they care more about SP,you notice that??
    if they get alot of reports (I had to send them a few reports of Imposters) they jsut Ban chat for 3 months,and hten Un-Ban it and leave it go.and make a excuse of "we too busy with MTW 2" that's bull

Aslo, I don't do 12.5K games. I go no Lower then 15K unless it a CWB or CWC Match..
    CA created the vast majority of the problems by themselves. The weakness of the multiplayer lobby is clearly apparent and has been stated numerous times. It's not the playerbase. It's the lack of consequences that many players feel that they can do as they please without the fear of punishment. Without such institutions in place, people's discipline is likely to break down and they are going to start breaking the rules. Spamming and impersonating are just some of the crimes that appear in this online anarchy.

BHCWarman88

Extacly. you wanna flame with someone, do it in PM,not in public. or,better yet,you wanna flame with someone, do it on MSN or X-fire,not on RTW or do it in game.CA should Get TW Vetreans or Mature Younger Players,like my Friend Monarch for Example (hey Monarch,sup) and let them police the lobby. some on Spams, take one pic of the Spamming and one of the PID of the Player's Name or Players, and send it to CA,there you go..

That has already been suggested Warman. But it was refused.

Quote Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
    That has already been suggested Warman. But it was refused.
    Exactly. Considering how CA treated the multiplayer community with all of this, I don't think they are going to change their minds. I've heard that RTW sold over a million copies. Out of the million that brought it, I think that only several thousands play the game online on a regular basis.

I think this will most likely happen with MTW2 multiplayer as well...

BHCWarman88

Yeah,CA isn't going to listen no way no How

Forever British Member King Ragnar's Avatar

Thus i left TW multiplayer........
    Vote For The British nationalist Party.
    Say no to multi-culturalism.

BHCWarman88

I won't leave TW MP for good, if I were you, I would go back to MTW or something, but Myself not in such a postion to move my clan back to MTW,since we are invloed in tournments and such..

Cant my comp has problems running MTW for some reason.

I uninstalled MTW a while ago... And I have not played MTW multiplayer since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by King Ragnar
    Cant my comp has problems running MTW for some reason.
    Probably a driver thing. If you're desperate to break away from evil FPSs (:P) like ROOF then ask in apophacary.

Nah im good where im at mate :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast