Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing EB with RTW Gold

Default Playing EB with RTW Gold

If you are owner of RTW Gold, this instruction may let you play EB. It has been released earlier by Xondor but it didn’t draw much attention.

1. Install RTW Gold
    2. Make Somewhere on your HD a new folder called “Europa Barbarorum”
    3. Copy the content of your RTW folder, except the “bi” Folder and the
    BI.exe, into your new “Europa Barbarorum” folder
    4. Download the RTW 1.2 Patch Zipped
    5. Unzip the Patch into your “Europa Barbarorum” folder
    6. Download EB 0.72 / 0.74
    7. Install 0.72
    8. Install 0.74 patch
    9. Download the “descr_sm_settlements.txt” and copy it into your
    “Europa Barbarorum\data” folder
    10. Download the new preference.txt and copy it into your “Europa Barbarorum”
    Folder

Now Europa Barbarorum should start and you should be able to play a campaign.

Known issue:

The stratmap banners aren’t showing the correct faction symbol, they show grey boxes instead.

If you play as a barbarian Faction (Casse, Sweboz, Averni, Aedui) you get a CTD if you siege a walled city

I don’t now if there are more Problems, it would be great if someone encounters them to report it into this thread.

This didn't work if you have a DVD version of RTW Gold.

This is only a temporary workaround, for those who have purchased RTW Gold and like to play EB, until the change to 1.5 is finished.

new descr_sm_settlement.txt mirror
    Last edited by Bonny; 08-22-2006 at 17:49.

Default Re: Playing EB with RTW Gold

If I get the rebel strat map banners fixed in a few days (I had them done but deleted them accidently - doh!) I may upload them for you here.

question: does the loading bar at the bottom mess up when you are running it in 1.5?

i never expierienced something like this, but i only played 2 turns and battle, and its not really 1.5 its more like a 1.5/1.2 "hybrid"
    Last edited by Bonny; 05-02-2006 at 21:31.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Bonny - Thank you very much for posting this! Please add it as one of the "top items" in the FAQ, since we get this question all the time (and of course, due credit to Xondor).
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

already taken care of....

when i try to download the files at filefront i press download twice and it pops up with a registration thing. im already a user but it keeps popping up. can someone help?

nvm it works

Can someone help? i did everything the instructions said (in order) but when i load it up it beeps then freezes and when i press the space bar, esc or enter key it crashes. what did i do wrong?

do you get any error message?

No all it does is give some beep then nothing

Sorry that i didn't reply earlier, not much time in the last couple of days...

I'm very sorry, but but i have almost no idea why your game is ctding...the only guess i can make is:

something in the installation has gone wrong (bad files, bad download)
    You have to reinstall it again and make sure that you follow the installlation
    steps correctly ...

o.k.

If this didn't help, i have one last idea:
    Install Rome 1.0 with the CD's of your friend

Thanks ill ask my friend for his
    this has been bugging me since it started

Thanks for this. I actually have deleted all my 1.2 mods. I'm afraid it couldn't be done earlier due to much scripting in EB but since it's workable then I guess it's time again for me to re-install EB.. or should I wait for the 0.8 ??
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.

Does BI intefere with installation?

Also, does anyone know if the EB team will make a patch for RTW gold? if so when is it due out?

0.8 will be for RTW 1.5 (RTW Gold), release date:
    when it's done....
    there isn't a release date yet, and i don't think that there will be one in the near future

Nice to see my input helped :)

bump

Klingon-American Member Oldgamer's Avatar

Bonny and Xondor, your method works perfectly. Many thanks.

Yep, now i got a problem Of course as usual... -.- (Yeah i newer been lucky with this ever)

I followed the guide for my Total War: Eras here.

I think i pretty much followed the guide there but then when i m trying 2 start it up it says this: This program cudent be starte, Becouse MSS32.DLL cudent be found...
    Like wtf?, have i done anything wrong in that guide? , PLEASE HELP! im so sad .. used all day

No help_

Is this forum just dead ore something?
    Last edited by Goddyfather; 07-22-2006 at 15:49.

This is not something officially supported by EB. It is advice that fans of EB have posted so that other fans and players can take advantage of something they have figured out how to do. Sorry, but you won't find EB members posting on this - mainly because none of us do this. We all run the internal build on our 1.5 builds now, and have no reason to try and go back and put 074 on a 1.5 build. Hopefully, some other fans who have done this might check back in and give you some advice though. Good luck on this!

Man.. i shud just have bought the package with Rome TW and BI...

IndianWarElephant (who isn't registered here) pm'd me to ask you (Bonny) about this matter: "that the link of the descr_sm_settlement is not working and can he upload another one."

I haven't tried it, so I can't say that it is or isn't, but here is the request.
    Cheers!

Just be back after ten days of holiday in Italia , I checked the link, and it is still valid, maybe filefront had some problems recently, i'm going to upload another link with rapidshare, soon.

about your problem Goddyfather:
    I'm no modder or anything like that but this error:

program cudent be starte, Becouse MSS32.DLL cudent be found...
    looks like a bad RTW install, so my advice is (as usually),
    install it again

or

you missed a file while coping your rtw 1.5 folder, copy it again

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny
    If you are owner of RTW Gold, this instruction may let you play EB. It has been released earlier by Xondor but it didn’t draw much attention.

1. Install RTW Gold
    2. Make Somewhere on your HD a new folder called “Europa Barbarorum”
    3. Copy the content of your RTW folder, except the “bi” Folder and the
    BI.exe, into your new “Europa Barbarorum” folder
    4. Download the RTW 1.2 Patch Zipped
    5. Unzip the Patch into your “Europa Barbarorum” folder
    6. Download EB 0.72 / 0.74
    7. Install 0.72
    8. Install 0.74 patch
    9. Download the “descr_sm_settlements.txt” and copy it into your
    “Europa Barbarorum\data” folder
    10. Download the new preference.txt and copy it into your “Europa Barbarorum”
    Folder

Now Europa Barbarorum should start and you should be able to play a campaign.

Known issue:

The stratmap banners aren’t showing the correct faction symbol, they show grey boxes instead.

I don’t now if there are more Problems, it would be great if someone encounters them to report it into this thread.

This didn't work if you have a DVD version of RTW Gold.

This is only a temporary workaround, for those who have purchased RTW Gold and like to play EB, until the change to 1.5 is finished.
    Please, help! I have followed the instructions, but when I start EB, I get the message Error: file name does not exist. What am I doing wrong? Thank you, guys!

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leni
    Please, help! I have followed the instructions, but when I start EB, I get the message Error: file name does not exist. What am I doing wrong? Thank you, guys!
    Hard to say. This method has worked for so many people, that we have to assume that those having problems have done one of the following:

1) You are using this method on some program other than RTW Gold. Take a look at the game box and/or your CDs and confirm this.

2) You have the DVD version. For whatever reason, this method does not work with the DVD version. If you have a DVD instead of a CD, you are SOL.

3) You omitted one of the steps or accidentally screwed it up. It is surprisingly easy to drag&drop a file into the wrong folder. I do it all the time. If you do it here, crash.

4) One of the files you downloaded is corrupted. This also happens all the time. The source files are OK, and you'll just have to try and down it/them again. To help out, go get a file download manager and use that to download the files.

Suggested Process: Assuming your problems result from numbers 3 or 4, there's a way to see where you messed up. After you perform each step in the RTW Gold conversion instructions, start up the game and make sure it works. When you finally get to the step where it DOESN'T work, go back and make sure you copied/moved/installed the files correctly. If you are certain that you copied/moved/installed correctly, then the file itself was probably corrupt and you'll need to download a new one and start over. If possible try to confirm the exact file size when it's on the server vs. the one on your hard drive after the download. If they are different, that may indicate a corruption problem. This may seem painstaking, but the alternatives are to give up or stay frustrated.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kull
    Suggested Process: Assuming your problems result from numbers 3 or 4, there's a way to see where you messed up. After you perform each step in the RTW Gold conversion instructions, start up the game and make sure it works. When you finally get to the step where it DOESN'T work, go back and make sure you copied/moved/installed the files correctly. If you are certain that you copied/moved/installed correctly, then the file itself was probably corrupt and you'll need to download a new one and start over. If possible try to confirm the exact file size when it's on the server vs. the one on your hard drive after the download. If they are different, that may indicate a corruption problem. This may seem painstaking, but the alternatives are to give up or stay frustrated.
    sorry to tell you, but after step 5 (unzipping the 1.2 Patch) the game is showing an error if you start it, until you perform step 9 ( copy the "descr_sm_settlements.txt it into your “Europa Barbarorum\data” folder)

But it is good to check if your install is working after step 3 (making a copy of your RTW Gold Folder), if not you must have missed a file.
    Last edited by Bonny; 08-20-2006 at 16:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast