Thread: Are there any mods for this?

Default Are there any mods for this?

I have the game and want to mod it. Are there any good mods?
    Last edited by Bombasticus Maximus; 05-16-2006 at 23:54. Reason: The title was messed up
    offline, i don't know how to play online - Some Random n00b. Maybe he was registered here.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Default Re: Are there any mods for this?

I'm afrait not. I don't know much about it, but I think shogun is not very good moddable..
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Look in the downloads section of totalwar.org. There are a few mods.

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

By default EA games are not Mod friendly...can't understand why they think modding is bad...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Teppo Taisho Member Maeda Toshiie's Avatar

It was their first dedicated PC game after all (they worked on console ports before STW). They did open up stuff with MI (like the projectile stats). Things got better with MTW.
    Keeping the ashigarus in line since 1575

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bombasticus Maximus
    I have the game and want to mod it. Are there any good mods?
    Hello Bombasticus Maximus,

Depends what you want to mod and how much energy you can invest. STW is not very mod friendly. STW WE/MI is the better choice, like Maeda Toshiie said they opened things up there.

The troopstats.txt and projectile.txt are plain text, you can't edit every aspect of unitbehavior as a lot is hardcoded inside the exe (the same is true for all titles, MTW VI offers most), but you can do a lot.

You can also make add-ons like historical battles, historical scenarios, branched scenarios (those are tricky to make 100% right), maps, campaigns. These are all textbased files, but you can grab a copy of hecoses campaigneditor http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/...ditorV1.1b.zip for a GUI tool.

You could edit all campaignbattlemaps: don't like the hills in Shinano? Rename another map to Shinano.jjm and overwrite.

You can also get a copy of one of RSW's BIFreaders to edit the look of units.

You can influence the AI's way to buy units: unit_choice.txt.
    You can go to loc and edit the phrases. In battle you can edit weather.txt (not 100% sure whether it still makes a difference. In the demo it did, but it could be hardcoded now). You can swap sounds, movies, infopanels, standards and textures.

Many things are tricky and limited though. STW MI allows some quick add-ons and limited modding, but for a total conversion, you can better take a look at MTW VI.
    Ja mata

TosaInu