Thread: Samurai Mini Mod Contest II

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Samurai Mini Mod Contest II

Samurai Warlords - Mizulands Campaign

This Sunday 5/21/2006 at 18:00 GMT (7 pm BST UK – 2 pm EDT US).

Requires MTW/VI 2.01 and STW_Mod_BETA5 with samuraiwars_v10b stats. All Battles played at 10k, all realism settings on, default unit size, with no time limit, and corner camping is expressly prohibited. No specified Attacker/Defender roles, and no private agreements on rules are allowed.

The map for all Battles fought in this Sunday’s Competition is (fL)_O_Mizulands 19.

Samurai Warlords Campaign is an eight player Mini Competition.

1. A random draw pairs the eight players in four 1v1 single Battle Matches.

The winner of that Battle becomes a Lord, and the looser their Retainer for the next Match.

2. A second random draw pairs the four two-player Teams in two 2v2 single Battle Matches.

The Lord of the winning Team becomes more powerful now, gaining two more Retainers for the next Match.

3. The Final Match pits the two reigning Lord’s Teams against each other, in a single 4v4 Battle.

The Lord of the winning Team will then be honoured with the title Supreme Lord of the Competition.

All are welcome. If we get more or less than eight players, we will figure out something.

Please come early as there are always delays, and we do want to get as much of the Mizulands Campaign completed in the one day as we can. And please understand that this particular Contest may have to continued next Sunday if we run out of available time for any of our Contestants.

Contact Hunter Tomisama in the foyer to officially sign-in for this Competition.

Thanks!

P.S. I will be asking you if you can host when you sign-in. But that is not a requirement to participate. Just need to know to pair opponents for the 1v1 phase
    Last edited by Tomisama; 05-21-2006 at 18:29.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Default Re: Samurai Mini Mod Contest II

Tomi,

4th Kawa is too small for a 4v4. It would be better to choose a larger map for the final batle.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Right you are

But would really like to keep the format consistent.

Would (fL)_O_Mizulands 19 be acceptable for all Matches?

That would make this then the Samurai Warlords - Mizulands Campaign?

(fL)_O_Mizulands 19 is fine.

Great

Please note that the "no upgrades" and "4 max" limits have been removed from the rules.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

I will be there.
    Don't know if I can make it till 18:00 GMT.
    But I will come.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

The results of this Sunday’s Matches is a bit difficult to figure, as we were not able to follow the prescribed format.

At first we did not have enough people to even start even two 1v1s, so just talked for almost two hours. Then when everyone started to show up, began a series of 3v3s with rotating players. After the first of these, others showed up and made the second game 4v4, then some left, so it was back to 3v3s again. The rotation was kept going, although by the end it was probably irrelevant.

About the best we can do with the above is to average the kill scores to see who did the best on today’s Campaign map. And the winner with a top score of 1025, and an average way ahead of everyone else of 881, goes to MizuCBR.

Congratulations Lord CBR, Supreme Lord of the Samurai Warlords Mizulands Campaign

The other participants in this event were, Tempiic, Saint-Cain, Ras al Ghul, Yuuki, Alexandros, BuuKenshin, and Tomisama.
    Last edited by Tomisama; 05-23-2006 at 02:32.

Hmmmm, maybe you could announce it earlier so some of us could join. Howabout next Sunday? :)

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

I too think earlier notification would be good. The start of the contest was delayed about 90 minutes for lack of players, and I thank Saint-Cain, Alexandros and Buu Kenshin for participating since they have their own mod that they actively promote, so playing STW mod meant they didn't get to play DUX.

Congrads to CBR who pulled out the 4v4 victory with that impressive 1024 score.

Very sorry about the minimal notifications. But as a fact, getting it done even poorly, was in large part a miracle. It seems whenever I find something I want to do, that that’s the time when others find that they absolutely need for me to do something else. If it wasn’t so true, it would be funny. Ah well, it’s still funny

I am going right now to look at maps for the next SW Campaign, to be held this comming weekend.

I kind of liked the way the last Campaign worked, with as many players as we could get in each game. And continuous rotation to minimize super teams. Also having the winner being the one with the highest kills seemed to be the right thing. Maybe not as scientific as some would like, but it was easy to operate, and a lot of fun.

Will be back with Contest III shortly

Samurai Warlords Mini Comp. II

-Battle Report-

The second battle fought on Sunday evening, 21st May, was a bloody massacre which wasn't left alive by many, be it Taisho or Ashigaru.
    The clash of the two forged alliances was fierce and immediate.
    Team A consisted of members of VDM clan plus myself, facing Team B, consisting of two Mizu's plus the two well known players Tomi and Tempiic.

Code:
    Team A:				Team B:
    Uesugi	Cain			Takeda	Yuuki
    Imagawa	Ras			Ukita 	Tempiic
    Hojo	Buu			Satomi	CBR
    Oda	Alexandros		Shimazu	Tomisama
    The battle took place on Mizulands_19. The terrain of this relatively flat map is a mixture between wooded areas and open grassy areas
    with a strung out clear space dividing the two deployment areas.
    Overview:

When the morning fog cleared and the Taishos got a clear view on the opponents positions, the Uesugi, who took a very forward position,
    where surprised by the Takeda and Ukita forces, already lurking in the woods.
    They needed assistance fast if they weren't to be overrun.
    Lord Hojo, who had deployed in the center, needed nobody to tell him
    what to do and immediatly advanced over the clear space,
    drawing fire from the opposing Shimazu.

Lord Oda, on the right flank, withdraw his forces into the place where Hojo had left, being threatened by the Satomi during his retreat.
    But Oda had his flanks covered with Teppos and could advance relatively unharmed and in good order.

Lord Imagawa, positioned on the left flank, was obviously busy inside his maku with something, since his forces didn't move at all.
    When he heard the sound of the signal conches, he stepped outside his maku and ordered an advance to Uesugi's left.
    The idea was to reinforce the flank and secure the Uesugi's vanguard.
    The distance to the wooded area where the Uesugi where fighting was far
    and he ordered his men to run.
    Meanwhile Lord Hojo and Oda where already involved in melee with Shimazu and Satomi forces. Their flank seemed to be secure, though.
    When Imagawa finally arrived at the woods, which the depleted Uesugi forces
    had held so bravely, the combined forces where able to repell the Takeda and Ukita.

Lord Takeda was reportedly been shot during this fight by a lowly Teppo Ashigaru.

On the other side of the battle line, Team B, gained superiority over Oda's forces and routed almost the complete army.
    Some units could unite with remnants of the Hojo and withdraw to the wooded area in the middle of the map.
    Satomi and Shimazu forces where behind their lines and especially the Satomi Teppos where taking many lives.
    The remaining units of Team A gathered in the woods, reformed and tried to end the battle when Satomi's Teppos where handicapped
    by sudden rainfalls. But the last units of Imagawa, charging towards Satomi, lost their spirit when their Taisho was killed by Satomi's Yari Cavalry.
    The sudden morale drop also affected the last units of Hojo and Uesugi and a genral rout ended the battle.

The two battles I fought were fun and also taught me the one or other thing.
    It's very interesting to see which units are taken by players. So far, it seems
    that all units fulfill their tasks and perform well. Mayn thanks again to Yuuki and all the other MP players who helped to develop the stats.
    Also a big thank you to the VDM players, who abandoned their mod DUX to play with us.
    And a special to Lord CBR the winner and Tomisama the Organizer.

Last edited by R'as al Ghul; 05-24-2006 at 17:57.

Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

I was infact Hojo, and Alex was Oda ;)

Lord Alex's demise, and consiquently the defeat of our team was my own falt for not persuing thoroughly the armies which myself and Alex initially defeated, and instead assisting you Ras, and Lord Cain in a fight which may have been won regardless of my intervention.

This mistake gave the fleeing enemy a chance to regroup and overwhelm the now fatigued Alexandros who army was composed largely of infantry. My exausted General was then ambushed and struck from his mount by the sneaky Lord Tomisama!, causing the rest of my army great distress!

Truly a dark day for many a noble samurai...
    [VDM]BuuKenshin

I was infact Hojo, and Alex was Oda ;)
    Hehe....fixed!

Very nice write-up R'as

It was a fine battle, didn't have time to see what happened at your side though, my hands being full and all heh
    The initialment deployment was wrong anyway, Buu was too far in the back IIRC to help Cain, and I doubted that a forest assault without close support would be in the end successful.

On the future mini competitions' rule, I don't think that kills can provide a very accurate criterion for the winner, as people can rout their forces early (whether by accident or not), and most of the time it favours players who chose cavalry-intense armies.
    But in the end it's just a symbolic title, no need for elaborate rules anyway
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

On the future mini competitions' rule, I don't think that kills can provide a very accurate criterion for the winner, as people can rout their forces early (whether by accident or not), and most of the time it favours players who chose cavalry-intense armies.
    But in the end it's just a symbolic title, no need for elaborate rules anyway
    I agree. Nevertheless, here're the results.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

excellent battle report

may i humbly suggest putting the replays (labelled appropriately) into the replay upload area for all to see
    MTW replay upload tool

MTW replay Temporary download link

finally,
    i cannot make that time,
    i am near the middle of my shift at work, some five hours away from home.
    would it be at all possible to have a saturday night game/comp too?

would there be enough interest in saturday night battles?
    (as an addition to the sunday night match ups)

would more interest be generated by advertising saturday night comps at TWN, TWC and COM?
    (can anyone think of other places to advertise? - i have been away for almost 7 months)

cheers,
    B.
    Last edited by barocca; 05-25-2006 at 04:14.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Had trouble trying to upload. Size I guess

So made replays and logfiles available here.

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/samurai/battles

And we are on for Saturday (please see second post)

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65073

Great pictures R'as!

Thanks
    Last edited by Tomisama; 05-25-2006 at 12:44.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barocca
    would there be enough interest in saturday night battles?
    (as an addition to the sunday night match ups)

would more interest be generated by advertising saturday night comps at TWN, TWC and COM?
    (can anyone think of other places to advertise? - i have been away for almost 7 months)

cheers,
    B.
    What time are we talking about?

Maybe .Com and TWC could get some more players I guess. No need to think about Net as its dead.

CBR

19:00 (7 pm) hours GMT both Saturday and Sunday

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65073

If anyone needs to figure what time that is to them, there is a very handy tool available

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/meeting-planner.aspx

Beware of British Summer Time amd Daylight Savings Time

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello,

I'm sorry for not being around much: rl is busy. I even couldn't make it last Sunday, thanks to a deadline. I'll be able to play some games Fri-Sun. Just summon me.
    Ja mata

TosaInu