Thread: New Map Bigger than any other

Default New Map Bigger than any other

Hi I've been a member for a long time but never really made a contribution so now I am. I made a map that is huge. Im not sure if I should downscale it. Anybody wana give their oppinion well ne way I've only got the heights, ground types climate and some features. The map covers around the same area as Mundus Magnus Extends to India Nubia and Scandinavia. Also this map is very accurate historically as in with the hights thanks to BDH for his tutorial. Here are some pics (Downscaled to save space)

Compared to Mundus Magnus

Compared to War Map

Default Re: New Map Bigger than any other

Nice, but does it actually work ?

EDIT: Okay, I see you hav'nt mentioned a map_regions tga so I'll mention a couple of things you may find useful.
    1) The largest size I was able to get working was map_heights of 1021 x 675 which is the size of WarMap.
    2) Satellite images contain a lot of incorrect RGB values, and blurred or fuzzy pixels which result in two different heights sometimes being rendered at the same time on the battlemaps.
    3) The map will run with just the map_heights and map_regions tga's. So no need to waste time on the other tga's until you get it working.

I hope the above info is of some help.
    Last edited by IceTorque; 06-09-2006 at 02:51.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

2) Satellite images contain a lot of incorrect RGB values, and blurred or fuzzy pixels which result in two different heights sometimes being rendered at the same time on the battlemaps.
    Easy to correct by reducing the pallet to greyscale then adding the seas from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by IceTorque
    Nice, but does it actually work ?

EDIT: Okay, I see you hav'nt mentioned a map_regions tga so I'll mention a couple of things you may find useful.
    1) The largest size I was able to get working was map_heights of 1021 x 675 which is the size of WarMap.
    3) The map will run with just the map_heights and map_regions tga's. So no need to waste time on the other tga's until you get it working.

I hope the above info is of some help.
    Thanks for the info well I guess I will have to down size it yeah I still have a lot to work to do hehehe.

miak, How is the biggest map doin ? need a hand with anything ?

I think that is the new RTR 7.0 map. It looks a lot like it.

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgolas
    I think that is the new RTR 7.0 map. It looks a lot like it.
    Its not the RTR 7.0 map is on an angle

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große