Thread: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

From https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...=94&linkid=183

Rome Total Realism: Under the Eagle (RTRPE) is a direct port of Rome Total Realism Gold to Rome Total War v1.5. The port was started by a triumvirate of three community members, two of them moderators on Rome Total Realism's forums. The community has since taken the project to new heights, making it as near a copy of RTR Gold as possible with the AI and Gameplay improvements of RTW 1.5.

The project also has sprung a countless number of new mods, and old mods converted to RTRPE.

RTRPE is currently at Version 1.5, which can be downloaded as a stand alone install. RTRPE is compatible with RTW 1.5, and has been reported to work with BI 1.6, though this has not been tested, neither is it supported by the RTRPE team.

The Official RTRPE Team consists of:
    Team Directional Personnel:
    Marcus Camillus (Consul)
    Lestat (Consul)
    Ryman2489 (Public Relations, Modding Consultant) (Proconsul)

Modders and Scripters:
    Cheexsta
    Crymson
    Sanky
    Shos
    Stuie
    Macedonn

Moderators:
    Candelarius
    scipio_aemilianus
    Stuie

Tech Support:
    florin80
    Stuie

RTRPE may be used to full extent for any personal use. The use of material for public modification must be requested by contacting Ryman2489 (ryaneagles5@comcast.net). Please understand that a delayed response may be due to the further contact of the Rome Total Realism team, as they are a seperate entity and much of the content derives from their work.
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 08-19-2006 at 08:24.

An Imperial Rome Modification for BI v1.6

Default Re: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition

Added 06/06/06
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Default Re: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

Sorry, but i cant see a download link
    Hey, Im back

All the entries in this forum you'll find in the Mod Downloads index in the Links Manager.

I've added a link to that entry - click on the Visit/Download link in the title of the entry.
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

i dont think this is the right place 2 put this question but i need some help with rtr u just got my new pc and reinstalled rtw i also installed the 1.2 patch for rtw, rtr 6_gold, rtr sound6.2 and the rtr patch 6.2. i can start a campain but when i push 2 butten 2 go 2 the nex month it just stops and closes rtr so i need 2 restart the game but when i try playing again it shuts down again when i whant 2 go 2 the next month can some one pleas help me?
    I've added a link to that entry - click on the Visit/Download link in the title of the entry.[/QUOTE]

When you've installed RTR 6 Gold, you don't need the RTR 6.2 patch. RTR 6.0 Gold is the compilation of RTR 6.0, patch 6.1, patch 6.2 & patch 6.3 with few added touch.

Basically RTR 6.0 Gold is v6.4 which is the final official version of RTR. RTR Platinum however, is an unofficial conversion of RTR 6 Gold (which were base on RTW 1.2) to be playable with RTW 1.5
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.

LOL, and someone said modifications were complicated :D.

Platinum is far better than Gold, it's got less bugs and looks better.

i dont think this is the right place 2 put this question but i need some help with rtr u just got my new pc and reinstalled rtw i also installed the 1.2 patch for rtw, rtr 6_gold, rtr sound6.2 and the rtr patch 6.2. i can start a campain but when i push 2 butten 2 go 2 the nex month it just stops and closes rtr so i need 2 restart the game but when i try playing again it shuts down again when i whant 2 go 2 the next month can some one pleas help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus
    hi. not sure if you aware of that already but there are two more advanced versions of RTR than 6.2. why not install Gold or Platinum?

where can i download Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition from?

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Installing RTR Platinum Edition 1.5.

Currently, this involves two stages: installing the 1.0 Full release (aka 1.4 beta):
    http://www.rometotalrealism.org/files/RTR_Platinum.exe
    And patching it to 1.5 using the update:
    http://www.beaglepc.net/rome/downloa...v1.5_Patch.exe

Try this.
    Last edited by Quillan; 09-11-2006 at 16:34.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

so is this the rtr download for rtw:gold edition?

No, Gold Edition (as I understand it) is for RTW v1.2. Platinum Edition is for RTW v1.5.

RaptorJesus Priest Member Sir Dinadan's Avatar

The current version is 1.7 beta for download links look here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197