Thread: Removing Geishas?

Default Removing Geishas?

Greetings STW fans,

I played this years ago and loved it til Medieval came out, played that, loved it til Rome came out, played that, loved it etc etc.

I just bought the Gold Edition Shogun Total War and it's still very cool however Geishas annoy me. Basically he who gets the geisha monopoly wins. The last few games have been anti climatic because of this (i won you see. . .)

So is there a way to remove them from the game with no side affects or is there a way to i dunno. . . make them killable (via ninjas) or nerf their success rate?

If you can help please let me know.

I don't have any experience modding the game at all so if you could be specific that'd be great!

Cheers.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Default Re: Removing Geishas?

I don't know for the modding part. But geisha's are well killable. I usually spend a lot of money into getting them as well so kill a geisha with another geisha. with ninja's it is doable as well. just make one each turn and send them all after her. soon she will be dead.

what is better, keep an eye on the time. When you've been playing for a long time clans might be developing them... mostly in their main regions. (like satsuma, hizen, owari, mutsu, kai, shimosa, mimesaka etc. most you can attack by port if you have a spy over there.. do that, and there will be no enemy geisha.

but of course modding the game is better to do... but It's possible that modding geisha's out is impossible.. :(
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

in the root folder find building_choice.txt

the numbers are priorities,

geisha house is the 15th number in each personality set

set the number to 0 and the AI wont build Geisha Houses anymore

for more detail (and links to more threads) see also this thread remove geisha

B.
    Last edited by barocca; 06-12-2006 at 03:00.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I enjoy geishas in the game, but I agree that they make it much too easy for a player to win. So, what I do is: I still make it a priority to build the infrastructure necessary to train them, and I try to produce some before my enemies do. But, I don't use them to assassinate anything except emissaries, priests, and other geishas. This keeps geisha warfare in the game, and your generals can still get aced if you don't get your counter geishas going. You still have to spend koku on the geisha project, which limits your budget for military troops, etc.

Or you can just turn them off as Barocca has described.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Totally Irrelevant Member Gaulgath's Avatar

Another thing no one has mentioned- the Gieshas in this game are not historically acurate. Gieshas were actually wives held by samuria, higher lords, etc. I am almost positive that they were not the killing machines Total War made them out to be. :D

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

This is true. I don't think of them as geishas, but as kunouchi, which were female ninja. As assassins, they were trained to use all the advantages of being women in a man's world ... and they were quite effective. My guess is the makers of Shogun used the term "geisha" because we westerners are more familiar with it.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Or you marry them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Papewaio; 06-28-2006 at 09:23.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

A little trick that I used to use when the AI targets one of generals or leader, move them to a province with loads of shinobis in it. It reduces the chance of success considerably, with 20+ shinobis it can almost make it impossible for them to succeed. It can make the later part of the game enjoyable compared to the Benny Hill chases that could go on with the Geishas chasing my leader while numerous assassins & Geishas chase the AI's geishas.