Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

nevermind I figured it out, but now I get the same error screen that King amd last to serve get

Hi,
    I want to make a seperate install to use this mod but I can't seem to install rome twice as when I hit setup, it wants to uninstall my first game.How would I go about having rome installed twice?
    Thanks

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

If you have a clean copy of RTW installed (ie not modded) Simply copy and paste the Rome Total War folder. It'll take a while but it creates a copy of the game which you can rename (to BL_Total_War or whatever). You then create a new shortcut to this new folder to play this seperate version. You can do this as often as you like for each mod as long as you have disk space.

JSGME.EXE is a tool for enabling/disabling/swapping RTW mods quickly. I loaded this mod with it ok.

Hoggy, I would add following line somewhere at the top of your page, cause some friends of mine got confused when they had install problems:

"When you have Gold Edition Rome Total War you don't need the patches it is already patched. "

It seems to run even better on Gold.

gr

P.S Could you please look at my question in the "modding questions" section?thx.

I was stupid let's post this again so people like me can find it.........

You don't need any patches, there's no problem running Blue Lotus with Gold Edition Rome Total War.

some gold editions like the old ones are still patch 1.3 and 1.4 so you still have to patch it to 1.5 and 1.6..
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Question Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

hi guys, im new to these mod...ive seen all the PICs and it looks AWESOME

but i really need help, i dont understand the instructions of the installation...i really suck at this tech stuff lol, anyway i already have all the things i needed to download...

5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
    6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
    7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
    8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak

^^^i have no idea how to do that, please help

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

if you have downloaded the tool copy it to the data/paks folder. There'll be a file with (if you have windows 98) the extension .bat otherwise check for the file wich is of the .bat type (using file properties). Run it (double cklick ;)). Afterwards there'll be a new folder in data/packs. cut it (crtl+x) then go to you rtw folder (programfiles/rome totalwar or however you've called it) and paste it (crtl+v). if it asks you to overwrite something choose yes (yes to all?[I don't have an ENglish verion so I don't know what the button says]). go back to data/packs and look to make sure there's no data folder in it. if there is, delete it. now make backups off (copy them to another map) all the .pak files in that folder except for patch_0.pak and patch_1.pak. Now you can delete the .pak files in that folder EXCEPT for patch_0 and patch_1.

got it?

idk why but i think the random crashes were caused by the romans not having a superfaction so i removed the semi-colon and played a couple turns without saving and it worked fine for me....

now to find out why the demon cities causes ctds..
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Quote Originally Posted by flipnation21
    idk why but i think the random crashes were caused by the romans not having a superfaction so i removed the semi-colon and played a couple turns without saving and it worked fine for me....

now to find out why the demon cities causes ctds..
    why they cause ctd, no idea, but familyguy has found a fix. And yes the monks also have their bugs but I believe bigbeef has been looking in to those. So if everything works out and we can find someone or we findout ourselves how the settelemnt plans work we hopefully are going to be able to release a bugfixing patch soon. We'll not be able to make an estimate as we don't really know what will happen with the settlementplans.

How you fix this error?:

"data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05.CAS"

Comes up when starting the game. Goes to the load screen then stops with that error.

I forgot to add. It states that that file is missing. Couldn't edit the post though

Hmmm never had that error before... Did the game work or did it ctd after the message?
    Anyway i the game works I guess it isn't a big deal. Probably will be resolved in the next patch.
    Last edited by Moros; 08-09-2006 at 19:41.

It goes to tht titel, then the message comes up, then it says to click OK, then it drops back to desktop.

*the title*. I type too fast.

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I should add I'm using the version which comes with the latest issue of PC Gamer magazine (UK edition). Maybe this is an older version? I don't know, I can't check which version it would be as I can't get in the game. And I don't want to download another version if it's the same as I'm using as I get limited download usage with my internet

Well honoustly I didn't know there was a PC Gamer Magazine version. Did it have an installer or did you have to do those pak things? (that way I can see if it's the same version.)

Same issue as Babyshambles -

"data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05. CAS"

Anyone have any ideas?

I'd love to try this mod, but honestly for a mod that looks soooo slick and innovative you'd think the installation would be equally elegant. Real headache as it stands. I'll admit that I only challenged myself to two installation attempts, but I did meticulously follow the instructions provided. I'm confident this mod would absolutely blow up if the installation process was a bit more digestible to the everyman gamer.

Thanks,

springbreak87

Yeah sorry for that but we'll make next installation easier. If you want help with the installation pm me or add me to msn and we might be able to do it step by step.

Appreciate the quick reply and offer of help,

I just downloaded "Darth mod 8.0", I'll tinker with that until you have the next version of Blue Lotus up and ready. Glad to see there is still an active mod group attached to the project, having only just read that Hoggy split. Thanks for sticking it out with this mod, I anxiously look forward to the next update of Blue Lotus.

-springbreak87

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

An excellent mod, aside from my issue with the Khannate Light Spearmen and their seemingly godlike powers of pwnage, I love it :)
    I mean, what better image is there than five units if Zombie Ashigaru and Undead Samurai storming a busted village gate and slaughtering everybody inside while a few units of Samurai make their last stand in the center of town?
    Its like one of those rather dark 80's Animes, only with less blood and more killing.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Good to hear you like it.

@springbreak:We'll try to get the next version out as soon as we can. Hope you'll like it!

I have done everything correctly up to stage no.6, when I try to execute the .bat file, it refuses and tells me its in use by another program and I cannot proceed.

???

try the .exe.

I have tried this also but nothing happens. A small window opens up for a split second then dissapears again with no other changes.

Have you put it in the right folder? together with the right files?

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
    2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.

6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.

I have followed these steps to the mark, that includes putting the unpacker into the correct folder. I dont know why I am having trouble.

?

Huh? do you see alot of .pak files in your directory?If you don't check if there's a map called ui, in the data directory. If there is the pak's already have been unpacked once.

Hi all, I have encountered the same CTD as Lord Ashram and if hes still browsing the forum here at all i was wondering if he solved his problem and if so What he did. If anyone else has any advice that would be great too.
    I crash at the creative assembly first screen. My cursor come up and if i sit it sits, if i press any keyboard button im back to desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Ya same problem as Donuil, and I've see nthis problem stated a few times before. This problem tends to be my problem with ANY mod I install, so if anyone has an idea about this it would be much appreciated because of gone through over 20 reinstalls of different mods and have not gotten to play a single one. All the steps are done properly and then when I click to start it loads the copyright screen then cursor appears and boom CTD.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast