Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Exclamation Blue Lotus Open Beta

BLUE LOTUS OPEN BETA V1.0
    Mod for Rome Total War 1.5

Mod
    Download: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...18&postcount=2 (Rinsui's 1st update)
    Size: 300MB aprox

Music patch
    Download: http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/download...OTUS_MUSIC.rar
    Size 90MB aprox

use 7-zip(free)
    www.7-zip.org

Blue Lotus is a fantasy mod derived from the history and mythology of China, Japan and India. The map is a distorted map of Asia which is being encroached upon from the west by a huge force of demons and mythological creatures. With over 120 new units, factions include Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Demon, Korean, Mongol and the Monks. All the factions are warring for control of the world and to gain the ultimate prize… The Blue Lotus

VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
    2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43 or http://files.filefront.com/fileparse.../fileinfo.html
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
    6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
    7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
    8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
    9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
    10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
    11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
    12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.

NOTES:
    Mod Home: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Copyright: Blue Lotus is not supported by CA and is a non profit making enterprise. This is a Beta version and may be buggy. All images and contents are copyright of their respective creators.
    Feel free to re-use any original BL content in any other non-profit mods as long as the respective artists are credited. If possible contact us for details on authors.

Factions: Blue Lotus has always been designed to be played as the Japanese, Chinese or Indian factions. And is most complete as these factions. The Demon faction is playable but is very easy on the current settings. The Korean and Mongol factions are 'mini' factions ie they have a smaller selection of unit types and have non-unique UI and names etc. They are playable but not as rounded as other factions.

Limitations: Blue Lotus was always conceived as a bit of fun. Fun to make and fun to play. There are many areas where due to lack of manpower and time we have taken shortcuts. This gives a working, overall impression whilst still allowing us to release the mod within our lifetimes. Examples; Cities do not have different building models for every building type, units don't have LODs, 2D artwork for message screens are mostly drawn from historical/illustrative sources rather than hand drawn like the building images. There are very few new animations in game. There should, however, be plenty here to give the feel of a complete Mod.

CREDITS:

other credits go to: Familyguy, Ghengis Kahn, Rinsui
    Last edited by Moros; 04-27-2008 at 17:22.

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Please only reply to this thread with install problems

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Thank you Hoggy-san.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Last time I tried to DL a mod it screwed up my RTW. It's fixed now, but I want to know how long before it's actually completely finished instead of being a Beta (if ever).

Do I have to DL the music patch or is that why you didn't add it to the main DL?

The best bet is to do a copy of a fresh install. BL will overwrite RTW and replace it so do it on a different version. You only need to download the music if you want our music to go with the mod.

Could I install it over a clean version of BI 1.6? Thank you Hoggy, thank you indeed.

hello to you all! Member Samurai Fanatic's Avatar

The same things happening to me.
    1000 warriors is the start of a great empire

Lol dudes, mirror coming...

Thank you General Sun, that's a real help.

Sorry, if I sound like a noob, but how did you manually re-introduce the sprites?

Just one question: Do I need WinRar to install this, and if I do, then can someone give me a download link?
    Last edited by Perplexed; 06-14-2006 at 07:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoble
    Sorry, if I sound like a noob, but how did you manually re-introduce the sprites?
    Go to the data folder, open descr_model_battle, look at the huge list of units. Delete all " ; " before lines which say model_sprite etc. LEAVE THE CHINESE HEAVY SPEARMAN WITHOUT SPRITES, CTDS if you don't

I didnt install the music... will that cause a CTD at the first load screen? Keep in mind, I keep getting the Rome screen, not a BL one...

Musics installed or Not don't cause CTD.

Have you moved the DATA folder made with the extractor tool to your Rome TW root folder ?

Have you renamed the paks files in the Data/packs folder?

Yup, did both... lemme check again, see if I did something wrong:(

I have done everything correctly up to stage no.6, when I try to execute the .bat file, it refuses and tells me its in use by another program and I cannot proceed.

???

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

try the .exe.

I have tried this also but nothing happens. A small window opens up for a split second then dissapears again with no other changes.

Have you put it in the right folder? together with the right files?

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
    2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.

6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.

I have followed these steps to the mark, that includes putting the unpacker into the correct folder. I dont know why I am having trouble.

?

Default Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool

Hi everyone - I'm excited to try out this mod.

One problem. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool at the link provided does not seem to exist.

Saw that others had problems with this as well, but I was unable to locate an alternate download site. Can anyone direct me to the right place?

Thanks

Default Re: Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool

I guess the server was temporarly down. Normally it should be there, if not I'll look for an alternate link or I will up load it to somewhere else for the time being.

Default Re: Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool

[QUOTE=somecallmegoo]

Hi everyone - I'm excited to try out this mod.

One problem. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool at the link provided does not seem to exist.

Saw that others had problems with this as well, but I was unable to locate an alternate download site. Can anyone direct me to the right place?
    -

I managed to find it by searching for a program called File Parser. I believe they have it at Fileplanet. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool comes with it.
    Is this your homework Larry, is this your homework. Larry is this your homework.

Hey sub did you download the patches? because when i click to download patches ii takes me to the broken link page or whatever, did u download the patches? i also pm'd you thanks!

Default LINK DOESNT WORK!

Can some1 pleas upload the file on filefront or something or gamershell.
    PLEAS!!!