Thread: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Please post any bugs you find here. Save before each turn and try to isolate the bugs cause before posting. (See EB guidelines for bug testing)

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Please note, if you find the portraits and other parts of the UI are still vanilla you haven't installed properly as per the Readme instalation instructions.

Post Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

One little bug thing as the Choson/Koreans: Pretty much every family member posesses the Faction Leader trait, which is a little weird...

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

I don't want to complain but sprites are desperately needed - I do not believe they are yet in, but I may be wrong

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Sprites are there. Its just there are no lower LODs for the models. Im sure that will be taken care of.

I'm still downloading the mod, but the LOD problem can be fixed by editing the entries in desc_model_battle file; at least in vanilla RTW.

Here is how you do it, if I can remember (been so long since I touched RTW data files): First, you can eliminate sprites altogether by putting a ; before the sprites entry. Second, modify all the model_flexi entries to reflect the high poly model.

Only two basic problems with this: (a) it's very tedious to modify each and every file; and (b) you better have a powerful computer to have the high poly models substituted for low poly ones. There are other minor problems such as the models disappearing altogether when you're zoomed all the way out; but it generally works well.

I'll know more when I finally download the file (its only taking about an hour anyway) and dissect it. If the BL units have sprites included, then things will be much easier.

After I've downloaded it, I pressed 'open' and this message came up:

"Windows cannot open this file: BLUE_LOTUS_MUSIC.rar"

"To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer. What do you want to do?"

This has happened to me before, but the files I downloaded I never really cared about enought to find out what the problem was. But I can't live without this BL!

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

My ITEMS file fails to completely load, and I CTD at the end of turn 1.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jahangir
    After I've downloaded it, I pressed 'open' and this message came up:

"Windows cannot open this file: BLUE_LOTUS_MUSIC.rar"

"To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer. What do you want to do?"

This has happened to me before, but the files I downloaded I never really cared about enought to find out what the problem was. But I can't live without this BL!

You can't open it because it's not an exe file and windows for some reason won't recognize it as a typical unzip file. Here's what you need to do..

Go here
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    Download and install it, then when you open it from your start menu, find and extract the the music file then follow the directions it gives you in the readme.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Haven't read other posts , but I signal a bug on sieging the demons cities .... it ctds every time ...

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

I've had it crash on either the first or second turn each time I've tried (four times), so I'll probably wait for a more stable release. What I saw looks great though!

One question I do have, how should I play custom battles? Most maps I try to play are in the middle of the ocean, leading to my armies drowning instantly. I was wondering if I'd installed badly or something.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

I noticed that about most of the lowland custom maps..so I just play on the Scottish Highlands all the time. lol. It doesn't have that problem and it's not covered in forests.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Yuwan capitol of Tian Hai seems to be landlocked. I built roads, but I still can't seem to move any land troops out of a small radius around the city.

oops, found the way out through the mountain path to the north.

nevermind...

I run the .bat file and no new folder is created.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

the bat file and the rest of the program needs to be in the folder: Data/PAcks and then you run it. Then afterwards there should be a floder called Data.

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

im having some trouble too...with the missing .cas files for the new vegetation..the question is this...i installed the mod, all was good, and then i remembered how lovely the trees are, and i had seen a tutorial of how to had new trees from Lordz, i did as it told there...and erased the vegentation.db file...now the game won't even load...telling me that silver.cas, and lotus-what's his name are missing...any way for you guys at blue lotus release a patch/version of the mod with the model_vegetation folder, containing the cas files specific to the mod, so ppl can add new trees of their own to the forests and make them more varied, but also keeping yours? is just that i really wanted to see the result of the mixture of trees in forests...but the only way i can play again is putting vegetation.db in but that way the new trees won't show up... any help? according to the said tutorial, if i remove the .db file, and have the models in the Models_vegetation folder, the game will load well...
    Last edited by iberus_generalis; 08-06-2006 at 02:24.
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Well I don't know much about vegetation but, BL has already modded vegetation maybe that has something to do with it? Or it might be that in BL you've extracted the files in the pack and changed the names of the packs (during the install) so while a normal Rtw might find the files in the packs now it can't. Maybe you should ask in the thread of the tutorial (if you can post there.)

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

i do knoiw BL has modified vegetation...and i moded new trees in...and new textrues for the already existing ones, so as to increase the variety of trees in the woodlands...but that is the whole point..i can't make the new ones appear in game, with the old vegetation.db file in place...and cannot load the mod without it, cuz that way, the trees added by BL won't be there, furthermore, the .cas files for them are in the db file...so if i remove it, i can't even load the game...if the cas files were in the models_vegetation folder, by removing the vegetation.db, the game would do a new .db file icluding all the models, but lacking the Blue Lotus cas files, the game can't do it, and so won't load... and the said folder doesn't even come in the instalation files of the mod...i double checked...even dowloaded the mod a second time...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

before i started playing Blue lotus a error came up
    Error:Filename doesn't exist:
    data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_0.5.CAS.