Thread: Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Bugs and Problems report.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Default Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Bugs and Problems report.

The Official Problems and bugs Thread for the first release of Res Gestae - the Promethean Legions:

Marcvs

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Default Re: Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Bugs and Problems report.

Like I've said before, Res Gestae crashes to desktop or freezes whenever I try to fight a battle. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Res Gestae onto a blank, non-modded Data folder twice already. While the Imperial Campaign loads now, every time that I try to go into a battle it crashes or freezes on the loading screen.

When it crashes, it tells me that I'm missing a CAS file of some sort. One of them is:

Error: Filename doesn't exist: data/models_unit/Prome_new_mount_horsesFourSaddle_high.cas

Or another one I've had is something about "early_lesser_general" so I figured that must be something to do with an early Roman captain.

And when it freezes, well, it freezes. All I can do at that point is turn off and reboot my computer.

I'm not sure what to do. Someone told me to completely uninstall RTW and delete the Activision folder and then reinstall it 1.1, 1.3, and 1.5 all over again before reinstalling Res Gestae.

But before I try that I'd really like to know why I'm seeing these stupid CAS file alerts - I think all the CAS files are there!

Default Re: Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Bugs and Problems report.

Becouse probably the cas files have finished somewhere else , may be u wronged the path in installation or u did something that aborted this part of the installation u need to remove it all or get a free version of RTW unmodded and install the mod , follow exactly the ionstructions and wait untill it is complete , about the freezes be sure that u activated the script or it will freeze the game .

Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

I uninstalled Res Gestae, uninstalled RTW, and deleted the Activision folder.

I reinstalled RTW, then the 1.3 patch, and finally the 1.5 patch.

Then I installed Res Gestae.

Same problems. It freezes right before the battle loads. Sometimes with the .CAS messages.

I'm starting to think that maybe those Res Gestae CAS (and possibly DDS?) files didn't get installed correctly. I'm not sure what I can do.

I did a search for the files by name. I searched for "data/models_unit/Prome_new_mount_horsesFourSaddle_high.cas" and it said that it couldn't find it on the C drive.

Is there a step in the installation process of Res Gestae that I may have missed? I seemed to do everything right; I downloaded it, and went through the entire process. I'm so confused!!

*edit* I've noticed that while the export_descr_unit file has all of the file names of the new units, the Data/models_unit folder does not have any of the new Res Gestae files. I searched the whole computer for those files: they couldn't be found in the C drive!

I've also noticed in models_unit folder that there are some units with a .rum ending. Is that part of the vanilla game, or was that added in by you, Prometheus? I'm not sure if that's relevant, but it did stand out to me.

Anyhow, yes, what should I do about those files?
    Last edited by Naja; 06-24-2006 at 06:06.

I need to let you answer this from the autoinstallers guys , I am not familiar with this part since it is not a problem related to the mod itself but the installing way , luckily enough you are the only one having this problem so it can be solved....

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Roman Funditores, when throwing stones with their slings, make the sound an archer unit makes when shooting arrows.

Remember that this mod is studied to be merged with following ones guys ...

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

While the Urban Cohorts can now fight with swords, their swords are transparent.

While I noticed the Urban Cohort change, what other changes did the 4th patch make, Prometheus?

Are you going to fix the Funditores problem, and the Centurion problem too?

And when do we get to see those extra-nice skies? ;)

stalin

most of the non roman new horses ( the ones with hats ) are missing their sprites, when zooming out the riders levitate. using patch 4d.