Thread: RTW Alexander Total Realism

Default RTW Alexander Total Realism

RTW Alexander Total Realism

This first patch is focused on bringing back the tactics/gameplay in RTW Alexander.

RTW_ATR v0.01:
    1) realistic troops movement
    2) morale boost (+10 morale to all troops)
    3) longer lasting battles (+10 defense to all troops)

RTW Alexander Total Realism thread at RTR.org

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: RTW Alexander Total Realism

Excellent! Those simple changes should make a world of difference.

I guess the next things is to tweak the troop stats, tech requirements and introduce an AOR style recruitment system. The hypaspists are particularly anomalous, positioned as a weak "entry-level" Macedonian unit in ATW and yet being elite in RTR. (I would not like to see them get 2HP though).

BTW: are the RTR forums virus free now? The last two days, they drove my anti-virus (Sophos) wild with Trojans etc.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: RTW Alexander Total Realism

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    The hypaspists are particularly anomalous, positioned as a weak "entry-level" Macedonian unit in ATW and yet being elite in RTR. (I would not like to see them get 2HP though).
    Well, the Successor's Hystapists were different from the Alexandrian ones. Alexander's hystapists seem to have been multi-purpose troops that could fight in a phalanx as well as in loose formation, depending on what the situation required. However, there exactly a weak unit. They disbanded in India. The elite hoplites of the successors were a different unit altogether.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!