Thread: Help.....in the name of God

Default Help.....in the name of God

I am having a bit of a problem here with RTW1.5. I wanted to play both the RTR-PE and Terrae Expundagae mods simultaneously in my computer.

So I installed a fresh copy on my C drive ,upgraded to 1.3 then to 1.5 and installed the RTR-PE mod. Then I reinstalled another copy of RTW in to another drive. Now my problem arises here:

When I want to update my new copy of RTW to 1.3 the patch tries to auto install to my previous version. So how can I have two copies of patched RTW on computer.

Ps. all patches were downloaded from the .com site.

Any suggestions ??
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."
    - General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

stalin

Default Re: Help.....in the name of God

the least elegant but quickest method would be to copy the entire rtw folder after patching to 1.5 right next to original install. then install first mod in the original folder then install the second in the other folder
    Last edited by stalin; 07-01-2006 at 16:56.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Help.....in the name of God

The problem is that all R:TW patches will automatically install themselves in the first folder. Either you can apply stalin's solution, or you can obtain a zipped version of patch 1.5 and unzip it in the second folder.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

You could have one original RTW folder, patch that to 1.3, and then copy and paste it. Then, the original will be patched when you d'l RTW v1.5, but the copy won't. Voila, you have your 1.3 and 1.5 copies.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Thanks a lot for all the advice. I am currently using stalins suggestion satisfactorily, though I would love to know where I can get a zipped version of the patches for future use, as the patches on the .com site are zipped versions of the autoinstallers, so am I supposed to unzip it first in the new drive and then run it?? is that what is being suggested.
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."
    - General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu