Is it just my game or did the Gaul become super powerful. I'm playing as the Brutii and they've beaten the Julii back to one city, and the senate is pumping out armies to defend itself. Gauls come around the side and is attacking the greek cities, which are mine now, with 4 full stacks of troops. Currently it is 245BC and the cities are still very small with 4000-6000 population.

Inside the graph thing, where you can see stats the gauls currently have over a million denarii and make 20k a turn. They register as being so powerful they offer me to become a protectorate every turn even though I've won every battle I've had with them and currenlty hold 12 cities. I spawned two legions to help fight back but I'm currently 2k in the red, it will be 3 turns till I'm back in the black. And they're troops just keep comming.

Also my troops seem to tire much more rapidly than they use to, marching across the field to meet the enemy when they're on defense leaves my men tired. I have to march halfway, and stop, then march half way and stop, then charge.