Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me..shogun throne bug!

Question Help me..shogun throne bug!

I was playing Shogun as it just arrived (the whole Totalwar:eras) and was excited after playing a while i was gave an audience to a diplomat..in the throne room as you know..then this error pops out telling me i need to disable all debuggers..someone help me how to do this (and yes i used capability mode win95 thingy and still i get the bug)!

So can someone pleeeease help me

thanks .

Default Re: Help me..shogun throne bug!

Sorry edit isnt working i get a "page cannot be found" its a bug in my internet..anyways i just wanted to say..that it also says SoftIce and WinIce have debuggers if im an NT user (im an XP user btw) so does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy
    Sorry edit isnt working i get a "page cannot be found" its a bug in my internet..anyways i just wanted to say..that it also says SoftIce and WinIce have debuggers if im an NT user (im an XP user btw) so does that help?
    I'm sorry to say that I don't know the answer to this and I have had the same problem since I've switched to XP. Back when I bought Shogun, in 2000-2001 I think, I was using Win98 and had no problems. It tends to crash anyway even if you don't have something installed that the game thinks is a debugger. You just have to avoid clicking on the adviser. While a nice touch, he is purely cosmetic anyway.

Do you have the same problems with the emissaries from other factions when they enter the throne room? Also are the assassination movies workingh correctly?

install all 1,6 Gb of the game (should help) ... then try it .. chosse the win 98 compatible mode not 95 ... i was told Shogun runs whit 95 but has a lot of bugs ...
    if nothing works disable the thron room ... ( less fun but at least no crash )

to it happent under 98se when the potugal came to Oda ( Owari ) ... 1547 or 1551 :( ...
    by the way if i used the japanese sound for the game it did not happen ... wierd ...
    but then there was no sound ( like the enemy general is dead notification in game only txt ) for the mongols ...

Pach ???
    "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
    One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
    One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter
    chosse the win 98 compatible mode not 95 ... i was told Shogun runs whit 95 but has a lot of bugs ...
    Forget that bit. Shogun doesn't need any kind of Win9x compatibility mode, in fact most games don't, enabling it will cause the game to run very sluggishly but won't solve your problem.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I informed Maeda Toshii over at totalwar.com.. hopefully he knows a way around this. I think he does.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Quote Originally Posted by Drisos
    I informed Maeda Toshii over at totalwar.com.. hopefully he knows a way around this. I think he does.
    He's a top bloke and knows STW, and MTW for that matter, inside out.

" I informed Maeda Toshii over at totalwar.com.. hopefully he knows a way around this. I think he does."
    Good! I hope he finds a way to solve this error..can you please post here when he replies?

Okay i just installed MTW to try it out and i got the same bug except it is now when i start the game..after the Totalwar animation thing it CTD and tells me the Same Debugger thing..hope you guys find something out because im desperately in need to play MTW and STW.

Teppo Taisho Member Maeda Toshiie's Avatar

Thanks for the confidence, but I may not be that useful in this case. (I am sure Obake will be able to provide more help but I am sure he is too busy; he hardly appears).

For Dexter's problem, I think it has to do with mp3 codecs (and or windows media player), as I have encountered such a problem before with the installation of bad codec packs. What happened was that when a death poem was played I got a squirt of screeching sound (which means that the mp3 is not decoded properly for play) which then follows with game freezing (ctrl-alt-del to shut the game down).

One way to check if the crash is really due to mp3 failure is to attempt to play the offending mp3 tracks inside

D:\Program Files\Total War\Shogun - Total War - Warlord Edition\foices\Poems

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One way of course is to avoid the problem altogether by switching off the throne room entirely. It works for STW, but obviously not MTW, as in killerxguy's case!

I have been searching around the MTW and STW forums. This is what I found in the MTW forum:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...ID=17784.topic

Quote Originally Posted by lightguywcl

"When I start the game I get this Protection Error which says. Debugger detected-please close it down and restart. Windows NT users please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger. I believe this is the cause of other people complaing about a blank screen when it starts up because sometimes the protection error does not pop up......"

"I figured it out. I had nero on my computer. I could not figure out how it was interfering so I just put it on my external drive. If anybody else has this problem I suggest revmoving or moving nero."
    Now, back to the STW forum:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...cID=5384.topic

The short story is this: Nero 6 has apparently the cause of many problems. There is a patch for Nero 6 that solves the problem.

If you don't have Nero 6 installed, then the problem may lie elsewhere and I'd try and get help from the tech-mods.
    Keeping the ashigarus in line since 1575

Thanks..i do have Nero and i will try and install the latest patch..ill see if it works.

I updated Nero nothing changed..can you tell me if theres a specific patch which fixes this?

Uninstall Nero, restart the comp and see if the game works.

If it still doesn't work, go to:

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=divx

Download and install DivX 5.0.1, then try again.

I recently (about 2 months ago) lost a hard disk drive so lost both of my tw games as well. I had only reinstalled MTW not STW. Last night I reinstalled STW, and the throne room advisor is now working perfectly. No problems with the throne room emissaries nor the assassination movies either. This has to be codec specific issue. The debugger thing is a seperate problem, which I've never seen.

I have XP SP2, with an ATI Radeon 9000 using the latest drivers, well I don't think they were the latest but apparently my card is no longer supported by the newest driver releases. My sound card is an SB Audigy 2 Value, I think that's running on a fairly recent driver also. As for codecs, I haven't changed anything since instaling XP. I'm not running the game in Win98 compatibility mode either, as that slows it right down. Another thing is that I don't have Nero Intalled, as I haven't needed to burn CD's for quite a while. I did have it installed on the previous XP installation but I still didn't see that debugger error.

Been getting back into Shogun lately and started a Shimazu/hard/sengoku campaign, conquered half of the map, turtling, and have wittled the rival factions down to just the Takeda and Useugi. Noticed a bug last night I've never seen before. It may be that my install is corrupted, but I sent two emissaries to bribe a rebel army. The first emissary succeeded so I wanted to cancel the second emissary's mission. I picked up the emissary and dropped him which is how I usually stop agent missions, and at that instant the game crashed to desktop. Pity I hadn't saved for quite a while...
    Last edited by caravel; 07-24-2006 at 10:21.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

That bug is why I always [CNTL]+[S] before processing a turn. It will also happen if one of your ninja or geisha kill a target, you've targeted that same enemy with other ninja and/or geisha, and you pick any one of them up on the same turn that the enemy was killed. When you drop it--crashola, every time.

If this happens I just [CNTL]+[L] and redo the turn.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Quote Originally Posted by TogakureOjonin
    That bug is why I always [CNTL]+[S] before processing a turn. It will also happen if one of your ninja or geisha kill a target, you've targeted that same enemy with other ninja and/or geisha, and you pick any one of them up on the same turn that the enemy was killed. When you drop it--crashola, every time.

If this happens I just [CNTL]+[L] and redo the turn.
    I had an autosave, so I left the emissary alone and proceeded. Then I ended the turn and the emissary stopped what he was doing, and it didn't crash again! Thanks for the advice, I've never seen that problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeda Toshiie
    Uninstall Nero, restart the comp and see if the game works.

If it still doesn't work, go to:

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=divx

Download and install DivX 5.0.1, then try again.
    I updated Nero as well as a bunch of codecs, I installed DivX 5.0.1 (even if I can't see the relation with this problem) but I still have the 'Debugger detected' crash in the Throne room.
    I tried to uninstall Nero 6 and of course it works fine. The problem is, I don't want to uninstall Nero 6 nor upgrade it to Nero 7. Can anybody help on that one ? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Seboss
    I updated Nero as well as a bunch of codecs, I installed DivX 5.0.1 (even if I can't see the relation with this problem) but I still have the 'Debugger detected' crash in the Throne room.
    I tried to uninstall Nero 6 and of course it works fine. The problem is, I don't want to uninstall Nero 6 nor upgrade it to Nero 7. Can anybody help on that one ? TIA
    Try updating your Divx codec to the latest version, if that fails try other versions. Nero isn't the problem, it's the divx codec that comes with it, and the copy protection (yes copy protection again... *sigh*) for that, which causes the error.

Also you could try running "services.msc", search through for any nero burning rom related services and terminate them (use the right click and properties and stop them, don't disable them) for that session, then test the game again. This may work, though I'm not sure.

If it still fails you will probably have to uninstall Nero 6.

Edit: Checked for Nero services and couldn't see any, there is a nero check program that is run at start up but I doubt this is related. You can disable it from msconfig.
    Last edited by caravel; 07-26-2006 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Seboss
    Now personally I don't use DivX but ffdshow, or rather it is a special codec pack.

I suspect that the issue is with the registration of the codec rather than any running Nero services.

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind..._to_stutter.3F

"The player is not using the ffdshow decoder for the type of audio that is in your file. For example, Nero comes with a decoder that doesn't work properly in our tests, and if its priority is higher than ffdshow's it will be used instead."

Hello!

I had the same problem but then I disabled ffdshow from shogun.exe and shogunM.exe and it works now!!! (Thanks to yuo guys, would not have suspected codec myself)

Here is how it is done:

# Go to the ffdshow folder.
    # Click "Audio decoder configuration."
    # In the left hand pane, click "Info & debug." This is the second entry in the list.
    # In the right hand pane, near the bottom, find a check box labelled "Don't use ffdshow in:"
    # Check that box, and in the text box underneath (it lights up when you check the check box), add "shogun.exe;ShogunM.exe" (don't include the quotes). If there is already something in that box, put a semi-colon ( ; ) after what's already there, and shogun.exe;ShogunM.exe after that. Do NOT use spaces, since ffdshow will think that's part of the filename. A valid entry would be "explorer.exe;shogun.exe;ShogunM.exe" (without quotes).
    # Finally, click "Ok" and start Shogun.
    A Knight is sworn to valor.
    His heart knows only virtue.
    His blade defends the helpless.
    His might upholds the weak.
    His word speaks only truth.
    His wrath undoes the wicked.

Thanks Pekkias, that's good to know.

Thanks for the info Pekkias..

and welcome!

hi people! i had the same problem than you, but after i uninstall nero the only thing that changes is that the game goes down without the error message appears. please help me

O thank you o great Maeda Toshiie.

I bow to your infinite wisdom. I was nearly in tears when I realized that my Shogun TW kept crashing. I had played that aweful, strategy-less blasphemy called Rome Total War for so long...that I nearly forgot about shogun. ANd when I went back to it...it kept crashing.

But your advice on Nero was dead on. It was the central problem afterall. It's working perfectly now.

Glad to hear it works, Persianlor.

Welcome to the .org, razaak! Hope you find a way to solve it. If there's no valuable replies, you can search this forum for solutions. (there's a search option, entering words like 'crash' will probably give you some thread where you might find what you need to solve it. Unfortunately I have no clue.

Uninstalling Nero may not remove the codec. Updating it or downgrading it as Maeda Toshiie suggested may provide the solution.

My problem is the game sticking either just after a turn (Spring 1533), or in the throne room (before the emissary enters).

I'm trying to disable the audio codecs, starting from the bottom up (I disabled the ffdshow as posted by Pekkias) :

I've reached the Indeo codec (6th from the bottom; 14 total).

Should I do it top-down, or is it ok this way?
    Last edited by devichat; 11-21-2006 at 12:56.
    As Deng Xiaoping said: 'Black cat, white cat. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that it catches mice.'

The true worth of a man is to be measured by the objects he pursues.
    --Marcus Aureleus (121-180) Roman emperor (161-180)

Quote Originally Posted by devichat
    My problem is the game sticking either just after a turn (Spring 1533), or in the throne room (before the emissary enters).

I'm trying to disable the audio codecs, starting from the bottom up (I disabled the ffdshow as posted by Pekkias) :

I've reached the Indeo codec (6th from the bottom; 14 total).

Should I do it top-down, or is it ok this way?
    It may be sticking on that turn because the game attempts to play one of the in game videos, though I'm not sure. It could also be an unrelated issue related to a corrupted save.

Those are the audio codecs, I think you need to be looking at the video codecs. Just disable all of the codecs as a test, then, if the problem disappears, re-enable them one by one, testing the game by going into the throne room and clicking the advisor, or sending an emissary. To me though it doesn't look like you have the problem codec installed?

There is a codec issue related to the end turn sound affect, I'll try to find the thread.

-Edit: Found it but I don't think it relates to your problem https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68148
    Last edited by caravel; 11-23-2006 at 10:26.

Hi Manco Capac,

I thought it was an audio codec problem. The link you posted does not address my problem - it does not occur at a harvest turn.

I have Divx player ver 6.4, and have a new video card driver to install (for the ATI Mobility Radeon X600).

Will get back to this board after I try the new driver.
    As Deng Xiaoping said: 'Black cat, white cat. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that it catches mice.'

The true worth of a man is to be measured by the objects he pursues.
    --Marcus Aureleus (121-180) Roman emperor (161-180)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast