Thread: Senate clarification

Default Senate clarification

Ive recently used the editing to unlock all the factions for the hell of it. I saw the Senate opened up, and have played 20 rounds or so and conquered Italy.

Im now reading that this isn't supposed to work, that it may crash. Is it a 100% assurance it will crash, or hit and miss? Im a little confused. Id love to be able to play the entire campain, but I want to know if Im simply wasting my time.
    Clan Imperial Guard Inc.
    http://www.1GReborn.com

Default Re: Senate clarification

As far as I know it will crash if you try to check the senates tab or see the senate offices. And there may be some problems when you have gained victory. The risk of an CTD might be slightly higher then the other factions, but that I'm not certain of.
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Senate clarification

The Senate has a lot of hardcoding put into it with missions, popularity, etc. It all disappears when you play as them so there will be some problems. As mentioned by Lofman, it will crash when you go to the Senate tab.

As time goes by you're more likely to CTD. I also remember reading about something tricky with ending the campaign, but cannot recall exactly what. Perhaps a smarter member could help me out on this one?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.