Thread: Unlimited turns

Default Unlimited turns

hi, ok first off hope this is in the right place- if not sorry! I just started playing shogun again and didnt take long to remember why i stopped playing it. I aways run out of turns. I'm pretty hopeless at it and only play it for fun but its annoying when you really get into it only to be tld the campaign is going to end in 20goes.

I have been shown how to do it on MTW but can it be done on STW? I have read the FAQ and run a earch but couldnt find anything about unlimited turns so any help would be great...

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Default Re: Unlimited turns

wow! I never heard anyone about this iirc.. when exactly does the campaign end?

This might be different in a different patch, or might be avoidable through a bit of modding. Yet I don't know much about such stuff.. I hope someone reads here who does.. Good luck!

btw, welcome to the .org!!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

oh...is it just me it happens to? Am i playing a wrong version or something? Its a nightmare you get 3/4 way through conquering japan and suddenly its game over.

Cheers mate. I started playing rome total war last night, wasnt entirely sure what to do. Made some guy walk around in a big circle for 3 turns then went back to STW- I'm not very good with change!

Teppo Taisho Member Maeda Toshiie's Avatar

Now as far as I know in STW, the campaign does not have any time limit (caveat: I only have Warlord Edition). However, the campaign ends either by:

1. You daimyo dies and there is no heir to take over. (ie don't get all your heirs killed!)

2. Your clan gets pushed off the land into the sea. (ie wiped off the map)

3. You conquer the entire map. (Total victory, obviously)

4. You conquer 2/3 of the map. This is one of the possible (minor) victory conditions available to choose from at the start of your campaign. Do NOT enable this condition if you want to play as long as you can!

5. Your clan last 70 years. This is one of the possible (minor) victory conditions available to choose from at the start of your campaign. Do NOT enable this condition if you want to play as long as you can!

I am not too familiar with 4 and 5, since I do not use them at all. All I know is that both of them can cut short your game.
    Keeping the ashigarus in line since 1575