Thread: ATV-TW: a trait (and future ancillary) validator for RTW/M2TW

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Default ATV-TW: a trait (and future ancillary) validator for RTW/M2TW

Though I'm not much of a modder, I do make tools as a profession and would like to contribute now that I've got some time to do so.

Interested traiters and ancillary modders, please take a look at this program. Note! you'll need the .NET runtime, as it was written in C#:

ATV-TW zipfile link

The program parses both traits and ancillaries, finds bugs in both, and allows the user to browse both in several different ways.

Two notes:

1) This tool was created simply to find bugs. It currently does not support the editing of the game files, since there are programs that do a nice job of this already. Or TextPad works nicely too.

2) There are a couple of functionalities that are not at all clear in the UI, which I'll be fixing in a UI-update version at some point:

- Trigger browsing. This is keyed to the currently displayed trait or ancillary -- i.e. hitting the ">" button on one of the triggers screens will get you the next trigger that bestows the current trait/ancillary.

- Trait search. If you click on the name of the trait on the Trait screen, it will allow you to edit the value, and hit a Search button. This will search for a trait name, part of which matches the string you typed in. This is not yet implemented for Ancillaries.

If you find it interesting or useful, please let me know what would make it even more useful. I am planning to get the design of the RTW version finalised in the coming months and then make changes for M2TW traits and ancillaries.
    Last edited by Tamur; 10-05-2006 at 20:17.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller