Poll: Will you buy C&C3?

Thread: Command&Conquer 3

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Default Command&Conquer 3

Let me be honest... im going to buy it what aobut you?

some info:
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/c...%20conquer%203
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Default Re: Command&Conquer 3

I'll be getting as soon as it comes along.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

tiberian wars sucks! red alert all the way and it is more like c&c 7? but tiberium wars 3 (me thinks)

the first game was Command and Conquer, then there was Command and Conquer: Red Alert (best game eva! ), then Red Alert 2, then Tiberiun Sun, then Generals (a very fun game but the main campaign(s) suck), there was also Renegade but that sucked even more that tiberiun sun did which is difficult... but i need to get that 'eras' thing (or whateva it was called) still

Oh, hell yeah ...

I have to maintain my collection of C&C as a full one ... or at least, the entire RTS collection, never bothered with Renegade.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

As long as the Flame Tank will rock again (by far my favourite vehicle in Tiberian Dawn, btw didn't it have a nickname?)... I absolutely hated the Tiberian Sun version. It sucked big time.
    But the one shown in the screenshots certainly has some flair, and that 'corruped' Orca looks pretty cool as well. But if they can match the awesome coolness from the little movies (who can forget the one where a Flame Tank ravages a village until it 'kills' you?) in the first game then I suppose it is on my list.

However I have noticed that Kane is a new man. That is plain wrong... So what if the original is aged, that is only to be expected.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 09-10-2006 at 22:00.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Nope they got back Joe Cucan as Kane.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Post Re: Command&Conquer 3

i have got other games on mind like imperial glory, medieval 2 and cossacks 2 expansion!

i'm actually looking forward to this game, i'll only buy it if it gets a good review.

Its resurrecting the art of the FMV, that is reason enough to buy it almost.

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    Nope they got back Joe Cucan as Kane.
    Hmmm... That is good of course, but the screenshot of him looks rather not like him. Oh well.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

I might get it. Whether I do will largely depend on how it does in reviews, particularly those of people here at the Org. Personally, I'm waiting for Red Alert 3--now *that's* a game I'll buy without question!
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Hmmm... That is good of course, but the screenshot of him looks rather not like him. Oh well.
    You monitor must be dirty then. I saw a ckip of him and it looked just like Kane, sounded like him too.

Only saw a screenshot of him...

[EDIT]
    Went and saw the movies... Oh yes that's him. But he is bit rounder now. But then again it has been ten years and then some since the first game. It also confirmed to me that the Brotherhood has retained (or rather regained) its cloak and dagger style I loved so much. But it also seems to ahve been expanded to include the lowtech end of the GLA from Generals, I might like it. And the Flame Tank certain seems to have returned to its former self, though it seemed to be worryingly fast (the old one was quite slow and even looked like a snail, pretty cool).

The little bits of music also sounds great, a return to the Mechanical Man and the other technobeats that set the pace so well, but with refinements. I like it.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 09-12-2006 at 04:04.

EA has said that Nod this time round has 2 teirs of units. Pissed off hot headed yokles with AK's form the Tiberium infested yellow zones, and their professional full time troops. Interesting dynamic IMO. And one I look forward to hearing about/playing with.

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

As long as the Flame Tank will rock again (by far my favourite vehicle in Tiberian Dawn, btw didn't it have a nickname?)
    'Devil's Tounge'

Stealth tanks for me all the way!

Im disapointed that there doesnt seem to be any walkers in this one and the mammoth is back to being a big tank instead of some bad-ass AT-AT rip-off.

When is this supposed to be released?
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    'Devil's Tounge'

Stealth tanks for me all the way!

Im disapointed that there doesnt seem to be any walkers in this one and the mammoth is back to being a big tank instead of some bad-ass AT-AT rip-off.

When is this supposed to be released?
    Devil's Tongue, wasn't that the name in Tiberian Sun? That was a different vehicle alltogether, and rather unfun in comparison.

There are walkers on both sides. The Nod has the Avatar and the GDI has something else. Both are at the end of the techtree.
    I'm happy that the Mammoth isn't going to be that lousy AT-AT ripoff, that was one crappy idea. The Mammoth is and always will be a dual-barreled heavy tank.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

I'm happy that the Mammoth isn't going to be that lousy AT-AT ripoff, that was one crappy idea. The Mammoth is and always will be a dual-barreled heavy tank.
    Agreed.
    I also was a big fan of the flame snail

I didn't like any C&C title that came after RA, so I voted no. I might change my mind though, that will depend on the demo (if there will be any)

Devil's Tongue, wasn't that the name in Tiberian Sun? That was a different vehicle alltogether, and rather unfun in comparison.

There are walkers on both sides. The Nod has the Avatar and the GDI has something else. Both are at the end of the techtree.
    Yea, getting my dawn and sun confused..

I see what you mean about the mammoth although it does seem a bit weird to 'downgrade' if you know what I mean.

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

Well, it could be argued that the walker has less mobility and is too easy to hit. And one must remember that a walker retains the topspot for the GDI.

The Mammoth was and is a regular, if powerful weapon. It isn't really that special, just big.

after seeing a load of trailers for it i might buy it purely because it looks great and realistic (for a fictional game that is ) however i still stand by that the Red Alert games were set in a more believable and fun universe (it could be seen that the red alert games were the prequils to the tiberiun wars however) i just love the alternate reality of red alert which is more recognisable than the almost completely different world of tiberium

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

RA was fun and addictive, but RA2 just didn't do it for me. I didn't like the cartoony graphics and hugely implausible units (mind controlled squids?) and the atmosphere just wasn't good, while RA1 felt epic.

I suppose it could be because I was like 12 years old when I played RA, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec
    RA was fun and addictive, but RA2 just didn't do it for me. I didn't like the cartoony graphics and hugely implausible units (mind controlled squids?) and the atmosphere just wasn't good, while RA1 felt epic.

I suppose it could be because I was like 12 years old when I played RA, though.
    I too felt RA was a bit... goofy...Tiberium Sun seemed a lot more dirty if you know what I mean.

Ultimately it was just dragging out the Cold War...neo-terrorist fruitcakes is a much better way to go...

Plus- Cloning vats for the russians??? Manpower shortage was hardly ever a problem for russia...

I love the goofy over-the-topness of RA2, RA1 was just a mod for Tiberium Dawn. Also Yuri's revenge fixed the Soviets. Yuri got the cloning vat and the psychic stuff.

stop taking the mick of my beloved Red Alert! to me red alert 2 was a disapointment but the thing is i still play red alert at least once a week.... it is so addictive and fun to me whereas when i played tiberium sun it didn't feel as good as red alert... i also liked generals because it looked so good and you could utilise suicide bombers etc which i thought was a great ploy and also a great tactic
    however i will only buy this if i have enough money or hardrive space and if i'm playing no other game at the time, it doesn't appeal to me that much apart from that it is a C&C game

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

What I'm totally scared of right now is yet another of the usual EA's ruining a revered franchise of games.

I'll be ballistic of Red Alert 3 isn't as good as it is meant to be.

C&C3? I've never played the original ones, so no comment here.

RA was supposed to be a sort of prequel of C&C.
    Remember who whispers in Stalin's ear? Who is there at the end when the Soviets win?

You got it! KANE!

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

wait.. is this FPS like renegade or RTS like red alert?

If it's FPS, I'll get the demo when it comes out. For multi, of course.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

RTS of course... I thought that was clear.

It is an RTS.

I can't wait to get it, although I fear I'll have to. I thought generals was fun, especially for its realism. I started playing it shortly after my stint as an MP in Baghdad, and seeing those Hummers bouncing around through those arab villages and past those minarets actually increased my heartrate a few levels. Unfortuneately, the game did lack some of the action invoved in the original c&c and the RA games.

I didn't mind the cheesiness of RA2 so much because the other improvements in the game more than made up for it. I especiallly liked the settings of the battles. Being a Cardinal fan, I'll never forget the one in St. Louis' Bush Stadium.
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell