Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MA Update #4 Discussion

Default Re: MA Update #4 Discussion

I made a Medieaval Auctoriso sig awhile ago, if anyone wants to use it:

https://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5350/smax1aic2.jpg

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Thats a really nice sig. Better than anything i could do. Thanks.

Anno Domini MXVI Member Member HighLord z0b's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shifty157
    Im pretty sure it is technically considered a desert. By definition a desert is an area that gets very very little rainfall a year. It doesnt have anything to do with hot sand and the like.
    Totally correct, in fact Antarctica is technically a desert as it has very little rainfall (it's all ice and snow). Is it possible for the dead provinces not to have cities or is that hardcoded in?

Quote Originally Posted by HighLord z0b
    Is it possible for the dead provinces not to have cities or is that hardcoded in?
    More than likely it will be hardcoded in that they need cities.

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

I assume youre talking about our three dead regions. These regions (the saharan desert in the lower left, the arabian desert in the lower right, and the russian desert in the upper right) are areas that just cannot be conquered. They possess minimal to no farmable land and combined with harsh living conditions they are only inhabitted by small nomadic tribes. The result is that any imposition of a centralized government on these lands would not only be incredibly unprofitable (these lands truly provide no benefit of any sort) but would also be rather impossible.

To reflect this in the game we have created dead provinces. They are provicnes but their cities will be as far away from civilization as possible and surrounded by impassable terrain. So you can still move your armies around the province if you wish but you will never be able to conquer it (nor would you want to).
    Idea about dead zones is excellent! The same use IBFD with so called Locus Slavi province, which is unconquerable. This province is the largest and covers forests and steppes in modern Russia. The settlement is surrounded by forest and can’t be conquered. And I like it!

Wow. I cant thank you enough for actually replying. I was beginning to think that id been wasting my energy posting the updates on this forum.
    Ah, don’t worry. People will come. All are now in hysteria called “M2 TW demo” and why I can’t play it because my processor doesn’t support SSE2.

Anyway, look what happening to us in our major thread in twcenter.net. We are spammed with Portuguese who want to force us to include Portugal in MTR. More and more come (obviously multiply accounts) and spam our thread! Not to mention how they offense again and again our leader and deputy.

So, be happy because people here in .org are much more relaxed.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

Member Member niccolo il discourser's Avatar

Quietus,

How do you make these?

And how do you place them into your post?

Obviously I am new.

Grazie

Osservo in avanti alla vostra risposta
    "You must know there are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force; the first method is of men, the second of beasts; but because the first is frequently not sufficient, one must have recourse to the second.”
    Machiavelli, Il Principe (1513)

Member Member niccolo il discourser's Avatar

Can you edit your language once you have posted?

I was referring to "sig" of Quietus for Mediaeval Auctoriso
    "You must know there are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force; the first method is of men, the second of beasts; but because the first is frequently not sufficient, one must have recourse to the second.”
    Machiavelli, Il Principe (1513)

And how do you place them into your post?
    Easiest way to do this is, while posting, to click on the picture that looks like this on the posting toolbar. Your browser will ask for the web address where the image is located, and add the necessary tags to the post you are writing. It is a good idea to use the preview function to verify that the image works properly before posting (especially for junior members here, as we can't edit our posts). The image needs to be hosted somewhere on the web; Imageshack is good for that unless the site you're posting the image on gets huge amounts of traffic (which might cause the image to be removed due to using too much bandwidth).

Note that junior members cannot put links to external websites in their signatures. This also means no images hosted on them; this site does have its own upload service for signature and avatar pictures, found here, but I haven't tried if it works for junior members.

Can you edit your language once you have posted?
    You need to be a full member before you can edit your posts. If you want to know more about that, you should read section II of the the Guild FAQ if you haven't already.

plenitudo potestatis habeo Member Duncan_Hardy's Avatar

Very interesting faction preview; it's nice to see the North Africans/Muslim Colonists of NA being given the attention to detail that is their due (all too often they are seen only in the context of the Reconquista).

The glimpse you've given of their unit roster looks very interesting - that said their cultural assimilation map seems very challenging (looks like you will be building your better units from NA the whole time and shipping them everywhere). I don't know how Pirennian you are in your view of the Western Mediterranean in the medieval period, but I'm hoping for some naval bonuses for the faction to counterbalance their likely disadvantages in most of Europe.
    Medieval History Undergraduate
    Strategy Game Addict
    Swiss Patriot

regis Bellae Toti Dei gratia et sancti Petri

Actually their Cultural Assimilation map is no more difficult than anyone other faction's.

Our goal is also that you wont be forced to build your best units in your core provinces and ship them to the front. Youll be more than capable of assembling a solid army from the regional units that youll find in any given area of the map.

AS to their navy. The Almoravids never had a sizeable navy and didnt even have a single ship to their name until late in their reign. Indeed when they tried to seige the coastal town of Ceuta they were forced to ask the taifa states to borrow their navies because they didnt have one. Of course they then had to return the favor which resulted in their first excursion into spain in defense of the taifa states not long afterward. This resulted in the crushing of Alphonso VI's army outside of Seville by Yusuf ibn Tashfin.

The Moors will actually be quite an underdog especially as the game progresses and the european armies progress and become more powerful while the Moorish armies really dont progress and more or less stagnate. More than almost any other faction the Moors will have to rely on recruiting regional armies from the locals as their empire grows.

I have one question, regardless of update #4.

Will Serbia be faction because in one of the previous previews Serbia was in the map?
    Watching

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

That is currently an object of discussion within the team, so we can't make any definite statements there.

Thanks on the quick answer, alpaca.
    Watching

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12