Thread: NTW2 patch and the first part of the Waterloo 1815 Scenario

Default NTW2 patch and the first part of the Waterloo 1815 Scenario

The Lordz are very proud and pleased to announce the first part of the second project for NTW2: The 1815 Waterloo Scenario. This release also includes updates and patches for our first release of NTW2: The 1812 Borodino Scenario.

Patch, Updates and New Material

Change log:

NEW FACTION

-Britain: The British faction relies on it's defensive capabilities. Their infantry is trained to shoot accurately resulting is high musket fire damage for all their standard line infantry. In additional, they have access to units of riflemen, experienced marksmen who can shoot accurately way beyound musket range. These units can force an enemy to come out and attack. Their selection of cavalry and artillery is rather limited, but their 9 pounders have a larger canister range.

NEW UNITS

-French Middle Guard: Almost identical to the former Old Guard unit, the latter now have higher morale and inspire nearby troops but are MUCH more expensive
    -French Red Lancers: Simular to the Polish Guard lances, but lightly less attack and slightly better defense
    -Russian Unicorn Artillery: Can fire round-shot and howitzer shells - no canister
    -20 British units

NEW MAPS

-Flanders Fields: a map set in the new European climate, open fields with lots of villages
    -Hilltop Havoc: also set in the new climate, featuring a large hill in the middle of the map with a village on top of it
    -6 (unofficial) maps made by community members

MISC

-Additional music pieces
    -Kick button is back in MP setup
    -Updated animations

FIXES

-Floating buildings fixed
    -Some text editing
    -Various minor other fixes

BALANCE CHANGES

-Line infantry cheaper, elites and lights more expensive
    -Cavalry charge more effective
    -Light inf more fragile to cavalry
    -Lower cannonball velocity, higher accuracy, range increased
    -Pavlov grenadiers now have normal reload speed
    -Russian Guard much better in h2h combat, but more expensive
    -Grenadiers and other melee oriented infantry much more effective at charging
    -Units much more vulnerable to an attack in the back
    -Officer units lost the "Eagle" morale bonus, now use their special ability only to improve morale

Install Instructions

You need to have the first release of NTW2: The 1812 Borodino Scenario already installed. Detailed install instructions for that release you can find here: Install process & tips for NTW2

-Download Patch_Waterloo_v0.2.2 for NTW2 from our website.

-To open the downloaded file you need WinRar a compressing program like WinZip to open the download file: WinRar

-After opening you will find the install program inside.

-To start the program, just double click it. The install program will instruct you further and install NTW2 on your computer.

Tip: Make sure that you direct the install program to the right root directory, in other words where you already have installed the first NTW2 release

Download Links

You can find all our products on The Lordz website:

-The Lordz website

All our products and downloads can be found in the download section on that site:

-The Download section

Support

We provide full support on The Lordz forum, we strongly advise to visit and register here first:

-The Lordz forum

For download, install or gameplay problems please post in here:

-The Surgeon`s Room

For your most immediate and most frequently asked questions about Napoleonic Total War 2, go to the NTW2 FAQ section on The Lordz forum:

-The NTW2 FAQ section

Organising Multiplayer Games

For MP games gathering and problems please visit The Lordz Forum, we have a special room for all MP related gameplay & support:

-The Council of War

Enjoy!

The Lordz
    Last edited by Myrddraal; 11-22-2008 at 13:48. Reason: Removed out of date image link

Default Re: NTW2 patch and the first part of the Waterloo 1815 Scenario

Exciting stuff!
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Im an mtw/rtw/bi man by trade but can i just say here *srry if its not appropriate place :P* thanks to everyone involved in the making of ntw2 as its been a fun lil game and ive enjoyed playing it....
    Hope the new patch makes it even better.
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Awesome! Won my first game vs Brits online :)

Just wondering, when are rockets useful? Before my first online game I had a custom battle to check out units, rockets seemed to be highly inaccurate and thus ineffective. But that was only on first glance so just wondering if you have any tips on how to use them.

rockets seemed to be highly inaccurate and thus ineffective. But that was only on first glance so just wondering if you have any tips on how to use them.
    Just like they were, the scared the crap out of units first encountering them, when they hit they will do damage, but they were still highly unreliable and inaccurate at that time.

LZoF

Quote Originally Posted by }{Huscarls}{Barrett|L|
    Im an mtw/rtw/bi man by trade but can i just say here *srry if its not appropriate place :P* thanks to everyone involved in the making of ntw2 as its been a fun lil game and ive enjoyed playing it....
    Hope the new patch makes it even better.
    Welcome brother!

Oh and, yeap.. Good job on this mod!
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

We only released a first small part of the 1815 Waterloo Scenario, things still to come are:

-The Dutch-Belgian-Nassau troops
    -The Brunswick troops
    -The Prussian troops

-The scripted SP battles, some with special designed buildings, of:

-Waterloo(huge map like Borodino)
    -The struggle for Hougomont castle(as a seperate sort of siege battle)
    -Battle of Quatre Bras
    -Battle of Ligny
    -Struggle for Plancenoit village

-Various other new MP maps, fantasy and historical, hopefully also some quality ones from within the NTW community.

-Updates and patches for the already released factions.

Read the NTW2 section on our website. And have a look in the 1815 Waterloo Scenario sneak peak, link is also on the website.

LZoF

I'm no Nap. history buff, and I've never heard of Brunswick. Do you have any screenshots of them? Very interested in these guys

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

they're a small german state with a rather interesting history. They fought their way through europe to get to england after the defeat at the battle of Wagram.

Their army was dressed in black with skull & bones signs.

We might show screenshots of them soon, but I prefer to keep them as a surprise for now.

here's a brunswick hussar miniature

Last edited by Lord Adherbal; 09-24-2006 at 19:55.
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Frederick William, 1771–1815, duke of Brunswick, was a German military hero. On the death (1806 at Jena-Auerstadt fighting also against Napoleon) of his father, Charles William Ferdinand, who was a famous Prussian Fieldmarshal, his duchy was seized by Napoleon I and added to the kingdom of Westphalia. He attempted to liberate his duchy from French control in 1809, when Austria reopened war against France. Frederick William formed a free corps, the “Black Brunswickers,” and in a dashing foray advanced through Germany and captured Brunswick. He soon was driven out but succeeded in fleeing with his troops to England. Returning in 1813, he took possession of Brunswick but was killed at Quatre Bras in the Waterloo campaign. The “Black Brunswickers” fought hard at Quatre Bras along side the Dutch-Belgian and Nassau troops, initially holding the crossroads against Ney, later again battled at Waterloo. They never submitted to Napoleon.

Their motto: Sieg oder Tod! (Victory or Death)

LZoF

A Preview on some United Netherlands(Dutch-Belgian-Nassau) units work in progress:

UN Nassau Voltigeurs

UN Nassau Grenadiers

UN Line showing also Officer & Drummer

UN Hussar

UN General & Staff

UN Light Dragoons

UN Grenadiers

UN Carabiniers

Un Jaeger

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Congrats! Very nice mod and nice new faction.

I am not sure whether I have already praised this mod on this forum or not. If not feel free to ask me and I am glad to do it. (as it deserves all the praise)

Just a small comment: heavy cavs seems to be a bit too weak. I know that it might open up an old debate, and I also understand the motivation behind making them weak but still. IMO they are not functional as heavy cavs as they are. Make them a more costlier if you wish but make their charge and defense a bit higher.
    It is just not "right" to have elite heavy inf costlier, and with better charge than elite heavy cavs. Make the cavs as costly the elite heavy inf (or even costlier) but increase their charge and defense (just slightly both). Again I understand the reluctance to make cavs more stronger, but if you make only a small increase in charge and defense and raise the cost as well, then it should fine. (and change only the heavies like cuirasiers, carabiniers, mounted guards the rest is fine)
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Mod is great, changes rtw into something really playable.
    But there is important bug into mod. It appear when you play on battle with bridges and want cross bridge with cav. If cav formation is wider than brigde (generally it means "wider than shortest formation that cav can form") - it won't pass the bridge. It simply stop and wait. Other thing connected with cav is that they can't immediately. I know it's logical into full run. But cav can't turn into place even when staying.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

It is not a bug, actually it is a feature deliberately introduced. As NTW2 is designed for MP and SP scripted battles only, custom battles using the RTW AI are not supported:

Here some links that will explainn some things better.

The NTW2 FAQ

The NTW2 facts, fictions and limitations

Various gameplay faqs and solutions

In MP battles

Q. How to move units across bridges, river crossing and streets?

Make sure the unit formation width is not wider/larger then the bridge/street/crossing width/size. You generally need to switch to marching column formation when moving across bridges or through villages. You can change the width of any unit by hand, click and hold a unit than drag it into the shape or width of your liking.

LZoF

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

But there is important bug into mod. It appear when you play on battle with bridges and want cross bridge with cav. If cav formation is wider than brigde (generally it means "wider than shortest formation that cav can form") - it won't pass the bridge
    any specific map this happens on? Cav formation density was changed after finishing bridges/some maps so yeah there can be some problems.

Other thing connected with cav is that they can't immediately. I know it's logical into full run. But cav can't turn into place even when staying.
    not sure what you're trying to say?
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Dear fans,

A little inside what we are doing, right now at the Lordz we have basically the United Netherlands, Brunswick and Prussians ready. There is being worked on SP scripted battles for Quatre-Bras, Ligny, Plancenoit and Waterloo. We are also building and finishing some more buildings and maps. The scripting and finishing the details will take some time but we hope to have an internal Beta ready this weekend. Good news is also we have decided to make the Austrians also available for MP, work on them only just begun so it will take a while before they are ready. So we are nice on schedule.

Here Nassau Line Fusiliers, Grenadiers and Voltigeurs

Cheers,

LZoF

It was on Borodino map - I mean bridges.
    Talking about cav turning I mean that I deployed cav into village.
    When I started battle I tried to move them but they did not moved.
    They simply couldn't turn right :)
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Just a nice little update, I would like to stress this is still all Work in Progress and are not finished versions.

There has been an internal change of release plans, within two weeks we would like to release a Waterloo 1815 scenario MP package, this will give you all Prussian, United Netherlands(Dutch-Belgian-Nassau) and Brunswick units and a big pool of MP maps to play with. Around the end of November we will release a Waterloo 1815 scenario SP package, that will include the special SP scripted historical battles like Quatre-Bras, Ligny, Waterloo etc...As a last bonus the Austrians will follow shortly after.

-Here you see a picture of WIP on Ligny, a village center and some Prussian units.

-Work in progress on Waterloo here you see a part of the Mont St. Jean ridge with British square, partially protected by hedges, being attacked by French cuirassiers.

-Here on popular demand the first screens of some Brunswick units

Brunswick Avantgarde Lights

Brunswick Hussars

Brunswick Leib Garde

Brunswick General en Uhlans

Cheers,

LZoF

Sexy.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Just to give you all some insight some other details we also seek to improve and include in the coming 1815 Waterloo MP package that is coming soon.

New slower Rifle animations, of course they have a longer range and accuracy to compensate.

More differentiation between heavy and light artillery reload speeds.

Cheers,

LZoF

erm i need help reply me plz it wont let me online on the game and it says the im on a diffrent version but they say there on version 1.0 like me but it wont work i need help.

The Lordz Modding Collective Member LordBlood's Avatar

It is my great pleasure to announce the new website and forums of the Lordz Modding Collective. These will not serve only as a showcase of our previous work though. After 6 years of producing award winning modifications, we continue to work towards creating the most realistic Napoleonic experience possible.

Please feel free to step by our forums and say hello.

Cordially
    LBG

Last edited by LordBlood; 03-08-2009 at 02:47.

"I would rather die on my feet, then to live a lifetime on my knee's" General Emilliano Zapata