Thread: ***AoVaF Needs Help***

Default ***AoVaF Needs Help***

The "Age of Vikings and Fanatics" mod (newly resurrected by yours truly) is looking for talented and eager people to help them out.

1. 2D Artists
    2. 3D Artists
    3. Scripters (particularly for historical battles)
    4. Other Eager People

Advthanksance.

Curse of Atlantis developer Member Neon twilight's Avatar

Default Re: ***AoVaF Needs Help***

I can contribute a bit (as long I get sorted with my mod), but I can't realy do advanced and super accurate models (I mostly use what is already done).

But the question is, why do not wait for MTW 2 to see if we can use already done models or texture for a game that surely suits better the mod and make a very good AOAF ?
    "If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."- Sun Tzu
    "You can do everything with bayonets, but you are not able to sit on them" - Otto Von Bismarck
    "People love chopping wood. In this activity one immediately sees result" -Albert Einstein

Curse of Atlantis a fantasy mod for RTW 1.5
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68781

Previews, recruitment requests etc. etc. live in Mod Discussion. Moved.

And best of luck Many are rooting for a AoVaF release!
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Quote Originally Posted by Neon twilight
    I can contribute a bit (as long I get sorted with my mod), but I can't realy do advanced and super accurate models (I mostly use what is already done).

But the question is, why do not wait for MTW 2 to see if we can use already done models or texture for a game that surely suits better the mod and make a very good AOAF ?
    That's great! Can you do 2D art? Skinning, UI etc.? They are the main things we need now. The "glamorous" units have been done already. Now if I could only find the team member who has them...

In response to the question: It is possible that there will be an AoVaF-style mod for MIITW, but the first priority must be to get something playable out for RTW - a game known to be moddable. Doing a total conversion for MIIW (and there are already a few out there) will be much more work - cities (for the Hellenistic and Roman mods), units (with the extra limbs etc.) and environs will be much more time-consuming to change in MIITW

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    Previews, recruitment requests etc. etc. live in Mod Discussion. Moved.

And best of luck Many are rooting for a AoVaF release!
    Thanks. On both counts.
    Last edited by menander; 09-25-2006 at 11:30.

Curse of Atlantis developer Member Neon twilight's Avatar

That's great! Can you do 2D art? Skinning, UI etc.? They are the main things we need now. The "glamorous" units have been done already. Now if I could only find the team member who has them...
    Yep I can do all of this and if remember well it's Scion the worm who did a lot of the models.

will be much more work - cities (for the Hellenistic and Roman mods), units (with the extra limbs etc.) and environs will be much more time-consuming to change in MIITW
    Yes but... don't forget in MTWII there will be already medieval/arab/byzantine cites.
    Last edited by Neon twilight; 09-25-2006 at 13:36.
    "If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."- Sun Tzu
    "You can do everything with bayonets, but you are not able to sit on them" - Otto Von Bismarck
    "People love chopping wood. In this activity one immediately sees result" -Albert Einstein

Curse of Atlantis a fantasy mod for RTW 1.5
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68781

I belive Skeletor and Scion did most of the units.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde