Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV: Night of the Living Mafia [Concluded]

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Mafia IV: Night of the Living Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

That's the spirit
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    That post could have been the kiss of death for you, Leet.
    And yours could have been mine

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Unfortunately, my advertising 'campaign' doesn't appear to be working.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I made a lousy detective, mainly by being terribly unlucky.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

It isn't working. I think I'm gonna shut up until the game starts.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

i join or else some heads are gonna roll.
    Last edited by Avicenna; 10-02-2006 at 20:29.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

alright il join

I would prefer to be lynched on this game. Its an experience i havent had the joy to experience yet in these games.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, Pannonian sadly will be out of town for most of the game so he won't make it; DA is undecided.

Am I forgetting anyone?

1 hour left btw.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Almost time people better join soon :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time.

Nobody else will be admitted to the game, sorry.

I will now randomly pick our mafia and Detective. This post will be edited once those people have been contacted.

Edit: Done. If you didn't receive a PM then you're just a normal villager.

The game has officially... begun!

If the mafia/Detective could PM me with their first choice of who to kill/investigate from this list below.

Still alive:
    Sasaki Kojiro
    UltraWar
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    discovery1
    Silver Rusher
    doc_bean
    Dutch_guy
    The Spartan
    Orb
    Sir Moody
    Csar
    King Henry V
    Ignoramus
    Reenk Roink
    Myrddraal
    Crazed Rabbit
    Ice
    Zalmoxis
    Destroyer of Hope
    Drisos
    Masy
    Big King Sanctaphrax
    Divine Wind
    Evil Maniac From Mars
    Cowhead418
    Kommodus
    AggonyDuck
    Lemur
    Kagemusha
    Leet Eriksson
    Tiberius
    Byzantine Mercenary
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 10-02-2006 at 23:21.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk's Fan Club
    Sasaki Kojiro
    UltraWar
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    discovery1
    Silver Rusher
    doc_bean
    Dutch_guy
    The Spartan
    Orb
    Sir Moody
    Csar
    King Henry V
    Ignoramus
    Reenk Roink
    Myrddraal
    Crazed Rabbit
    Ice
    Zalmoxis
    Destroyer of Hope
    Drisos
    Masy
    Big King Sanctaphrax
    Divine Wind
    Evil Maniac From Mars
    Cowhead418
    Kommodus
    AggonyDuck
    Lemur
    Kagemusha
    Leet Eriksson
    Tiberius
    Byzantine Mercenary

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink
    I thought I was perma listed

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Wow, big crowd this time. Bad odds for the mafia.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Yes, we have 9 chances of elimination, in case we keep eliminating innocent people. Shouldn't be too hard.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

remmeber to factor in inactive villagers which would result in less chances to catch the mafia

We lynched 9 in the Godfather right? With 0% accuracy :p

Random lynches are useless.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Vote:GeneralHankerChief

^^ is that allowed?

Well he's not playing and voting hasn't started yet.

Also, he can kill you.

So, probably not

Pff, not as if the mafia won't get me anyway...

I'm the hottest mafia target aside from disco.

We lynched 9 in the Godfather right? With 0% accuracy :p

Random lynches are useless.
    Yeah lol we managed to get everyone BUT the mafia. Is Silver doing another one? It was ace.
    "Once upon a time, on the internet there was a guy, a very deeply flawed man, they called him Eric Bauman..." -www.ebaumsworldsucks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius
    Pff, not as if the mafia won't get me anyway...

I'm the hottest mafia target aside from disco.
    Hmm claiming to be a hot target? Suspicious.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masy
    Yeah lol we managed to get everyone BUT the mafia.
    Lol! too true!

almost all of us lurking villagers bandwagoned on sasaki most of the time... 'tha evil mastermind'

If I had a list like Reenk Roink, I'd put you on it sasaki.. such betrayal. :P

btw seems like the mafia aren't too active at the .org or they intend to have us think so.. kills are taking a while.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Blog Entries

Day breaks in the Frontroom. All is quiet. The sun rose, the clouds made their way across the sky lazily, the flowers opened up, and the birds started chirping merry tunes. All was peaceful and right with the world.

Ka-SMASH!

The front door to Silver Rusher's house had been broken down. There were now some extremely loud footsteps tromping their way up his stairs, all the way to his office. As the intruder entered Silver's room, Silver turned away from his computer and yelled at the top of his lungs:

"WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?"

The intruder took out a gun and fired it into the air once. A piece of the ceiling came and crashed down. Silver dove for cover, shattering a vase into a thousand pieces, but the intruder didn't fire again. Instead, he picked Silver up and threw him into a wall, causing a picture overhead to fall and smash into Silver's head.

The intruder then began to strangle Silver, who struggled mightily and gasped for breath. He couldn't break the intruder's grip, however, and after about three minutes he died. The intruder left, firing his gun at Silver's monitor for good measure. The room was trashed.

So much for quiet.

Just about everyone in the village heard the racket and headed for Silver's house, but the intruder made a clean getaway. One of the people who didn't hear anything, however, was Tiberius who lived on the other side of town.

Tiberius woke up late and took his morning stroll down the Frontroom duck pond, unaware of anything that seemed even remotely wrong. Whistling a jaunty tune to himself, he noticed another villager strolling beside him. The two greeted each other, merrily walking along the pond.

Then the villager pounced. He looped a chain of pure, ultra-dense osmium around Tib's neck, and pushed him into the pound. Tiberius desperately tried to get back on dry ground, but the osmium weighed him down so much that it was stupid to try. Still struggling, Tib managed to get a glimpse of his killer grinning evilly before the inky depths of the duck pond claimed him forever.

That evening, Chief of Police Beirut had all the villagers gathered in the town square. There had never been any murders in the Frontroom before, so when two happened in one day the townspeople were natrually scared and suspicious. It took a while for Beirut to gain order, but once he did he spoke.

"Gentlemen," he began, "This is a terrible situation we are facing here. Two people have been brutally murdered in one day. Silver Rusher was found strangled in his office, and Tiberius was drowned in the duck pond."

Everyone snickered at such a lame death.

"Now really, this is serious!" Everybody quieted. "I have reason to believe that our town has been invaded by the MAFIA, and that two of them are posing as normal villagers. Now, this is a small peaceful town, so I trust you enough to weed them out for me. So, this execution will be democratically decided. You will all vote for who you think killed Silver Rusher and Tiberius. Whoever has the most votes will be forced to drink poison in front of everyone. Begin the voting!"

Villagers, now is your time. You have (around) 24 hours to vote for who you think killed Silver Rusher and Tiberius. After the time is up, I will end voting and whoever has the most votes will be executed.

My god, the mafia really are stupid beyond belief...

Here's one for you, poopy-heads, now that I have been removed for the game in the FIRST ROUND I will be sooo, sooo mad that I will be dead-posting even more cunningly than ever. Such a shame, I was about to have a no posting after death policy but now you can expect me to be more active than pretty much all of the living posters. I have learnt a lot from hosting my own game now and my judgements are going to be far, far more enlightened than ever before. Mafia behavior is something I have come to learn of extremely well. You might just have to go to the highest possible level of play to even survive at all. Another thing you may want to consider: had I been left alive, I may not have even posted very much. I promise the villagers, and I will live up to this one, that the MVFJA (see below) will be the first to name at least one of the mafia.

Tiberius, want to co-found the Murder-victims-for-justice-association (MVFJA) dedicated to rooting out the mafia in this particular game? (no lynchees allowed by the way)
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 10-03-2006 at 21:35.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Hmm I think we can get clues from the delay in the kills posting.

Masy posted for the first time since yesterday, he could have come online for first time since yesterday and pm'd GH with his kill.

The search results on Drisos don't reveal much, but this sentance of his makes me suspicious:

Quote Originally Posted by Drisos
    btw seems like the mafia aren't too active at the .org or they intend to have us think so.. kills are taking a while.
    Reprimanding your fellow mafioso (Masy?). This kind of post has been a trend in the other mafia games, I can dig up examples if needed. The mafioso or person with a role mentions something like this indirectly and it doesn't get noticed.

Well, I'm noticing it.

Vote:Drisos

Sasaki: see? I still have a 100% record of mafia deaths (in the GHC games)

SR: Sure, I can be a co-consul of sorts.

Anyway, some little things I noticed:
    -somebody wants to get aggonyduck AGAIN. constant duck references.
    -'pound' is misspelt. of course, we can't get much from that... but my hunch is that it's a person making an intentional mistake to differentiate his kill from ordinarily polished-perfect spelling in posts.
    -I could see his face after being in the water? what? how? creative story pouring out without being checked perhaps? or another intentional mistake?
    -me and SR? clearly one mafia has been from the former game: SR is definitely a logical choice, while I am not due to limited contributions (apart from votes). also, disco not dying? That's interesting, to say the least. I'd give it a few more rounds and lynch if he's still not killed. It seems unusual for him to survive this long.
    Last edited by Avicenna; 10-03-2006 at 21:52.

Ok, heres evidence from the other games:

In the Godfather, after Gorebag didn't send in his kill, GeneralH remarked:

Quote Originally Posted by GH
    I don't know, let's think about this.

If B_Ray knew Sigurd was a mafioso and knew full well that there would only be one kill the next round, why on earth would he link himself to his now-dead comrade? No way a mafioso would be this stupid.

Either there are two options: The other mafioso probably voted for Reenk or Disco (pretty much anyone but Sigurd), or someone didn't send in their kill in on time.
    GH later reflected:

GoreBag missed his kill for the second round. At first I was annoyed, and posted something along the lines of "a mafioso might not have gotten his kill in on time." Luckily nobody noticed.
    This is a pretty direct example.

However, other examples of this kind of thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    Wouldn't it be great if GH is the detective? If he is, then we have a living detective all game.
    Ignoramus is the detective, wishing he had been elected Chief of Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Guy
    It appears that at least Tiberius was saved, and I'd say the same would count for DA (beer stolen ?). Maybe the work of a lifesaver ?

EDIT: Lifesaver may be a bad word, Doctor would be better
    Dutch guy was a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink
    I don't think you peeples should judge the guy who was at Orb's house so harshly. I mean come on, "thief" is just not right at all. This guy probably is dirt poor, and needs to live on what others waste. If the world were a more generous and fair place, he wouldn't have to go through others trash. Heck, he probably only took the newspapers to use as bedsheets, and also to rummage through the classifieds. Not only that, but this guy chose the right house and gave us an incredible clue on who the real criminals are. And yet he is demonized...

This guy is a hero!

Society has failed this noble, noble individual...
    Reenk Roink was the "thief"

I'm willing to bet the mafia is at their most careless at the beginning of the game. I believe that was a slip up by Drisos.

Masy's posting time/Kill posting delay is also worth looking at in the future.

Blog Entries

People, don't take too much from these kills. "Pound" was a mistake. As for you seeing your killer's face Tib, it's just what the mafioso wrote.

As for kill times:

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia II commentary
    Just to clarify: Never base your accusations on the fact that somebody was online and/or PMing before the kills were posted. There are a few reasons for this. One, I could have just got on and seen the PM. Two, they could have been PMing someone else. Three, I could have already received the PM, but at a time where it would be hard for me to post the kills so I put it off. Four, I could have received the PMs but purposely not posted the kills right away to throw you off (I have done this many times). Five, keep in mind that it takes me anywhere from 20-40 minutes to actually write the kills and post them. So if you see someone PMing right before the kills are posted, it’s actually a safe bet that they didn’t do it.
    Carry on.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast